Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - General Discussion

EmperorQinmon

latest?cb=20150715045135

(Mika and Orga in front of the Gundam Barbatos)

Long name, let's call it G-Tekketsu(or even just G-Tek) for short. Who else has been watching this? I think it's rather good. The opening song(performed by Man With A Mission) is totally awesome, and the plot is interesting enough. I do have some gripes, but I won't voice them all right now, since the thread is just starting out.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

YOOOOO this Gundam series is pretty good. Finally some actual serious plot. None of that toy building crap. Main character is a straight baws, but I don't get why Orga ain't getting the ladies yet...:/. But other than that it's been pretty good so far. Can't wait for space! :D

• Like 2

I noticed this series but wasn't sure if I would like it. I did however really like Gundam SEED and Unicorn. On that basis would you recommend it?

Uhhh. I feel like this series is kind of more similar to Gundam 00. This series is definitely not as serious in tone as Unicorn, and not as flashy as SEED. But it's still pretty serious as the main character kills without prejudice and without hesitation which is a plus from my view. So would I recommend? YES! Watch this show! It's awesome! :D

• Informative 2

Loving this one so far. It has some serious potential. Every season with a Gundam in it is a good season for me. :)

I agree with feelme that Mika is a total boss. I like the story so far but I will say I'm kinda sad they are already on there way to space. With the characters I wanted more 08th ms team guerrilla warfare. But hey it's still early in the series. (y)

Edited by Guest

I've watched the first three episodes so far.

So far it's a very solid mecha series.. great soundtrack too. Animation not as flashy as other Gundam series but seems more down to earth and gritty with the Mars atmosphere.

Mikazuki does seem overpowered - but again I've only seen the first three episodes.

I kind of lost interest in mecha after ALDNOAH.ZERO but this has whet my appetite for mecha.... think this will be one of my favourites this season. :angel:

• 11 months later...
Loving this one so far. It has some serious potential. Every season with a Gundam in it is a good season for me. :)

I agree with feelme that Mika is a total boss. I like the story so far but I will say I'm kinda sad they are already on there way to space. With the characters I wanted more 08th ms team guerrilla warfare. But hey it's still early in the series. (y)

Akihiro is a "Boss." He fights for what is right and fights to the situation, he has character and self control, he doesn't needlessly kill. Mika is just a mindless scumbag that can't think for himself and I personally think he likes Orgas orders so he don't have to take any responsibility, where others would adjust to situations he's set on one path, currently he's unlikeable, I dunno why anime fans enjoy this kind of character, it's the kind of personality that lacks everything other than doing one thing well.

• Geano locked this topic