Most hardcore deaths in anime?

Cy~

Okay. What's the most incredible and hardcore death that you have seen in the anime that you've watched? Which characters showed grit, defiance, and ferocity all the way to the bitter defeat? (Don't forget to spoiler it if it's a plot twist!!!)

Remember! No tears here, only awesomeness. For crying, there's already a good topic for that.

(Note: Just to clarify, pls only share sfw stuff, as per the site rules. Hahaha, I mean hardcore as in the adjective, not the genre.)

[spoiler=Fate/Zero]

For me, I think that the most impressive death that I've seen was Rider in Fate/Zero. In that particular round, he came literally within inches of smashing Gilgameshs's skull in with his sword. Unfortunately, Gilgamesh had plot armor some chains lying around, and Rider was defeated. For a larger than life character, I thought that it was a pretty impressive way to go out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2GFUFmyne4

Edited by Guest
  • Winner 1

I'm not sure this needs a spoiler but I'll do it anyway -

[spoiler=Puella Magi Madoka Magica]Mami's death was probably the first to hit home with me - when it came to magical girl anime especially I had come to expect for the most part light hearted and fun where the main characters could make it out of any sticky situation because magic and friendship! Even though I was told to expect something dark when I had this anime recommended to me, I certainly didn't think dark to the point of death. It was a shock to me to see her actually die, and right after a fantastical battle scene no less. In any other show she would've had the fight in the bag.

• Agree 3

I think the most "hardcore" death I've seen in anime isn't actually necessarily hardcore at all. Not in the way you might expect anyway. I really don't know how I would describe it. All I can say is watch Texhnolyze all the way to the end. I don't even want to describe it in a spoiler tag because I feel like even the chance of spoiling it for someone that might watch it would just totally ruin it.

Sooooo, I am useless for this discussion!

• Like 2

Sooooo, I am useless for this discussion!

Not useless at all! This is still a good contribution, since I didn't even know about Texhnolyze before, and now I am intrigued into the temptation of watching it - solely by your comment here.

I'm not sure this needs a spoiler but I'll do it anyway

Good move to spoiler that, tbh! It saves the shock for newbies. :)

Also, yeah, Madoka was one of the first anime that I had ever watched. @zoop had told me that it was a little dark, well - I think that she really understated the darkness. I'll confess, though, I tend to be a very morbid person so I didn't actually have much of a reaction, but I was legitimately surprised.

• Friendly 2

Another and the death of the class teacher...(That was like... not even in this stratosphere hardcore) >___<

Honorable mentions: Umbrella death

Elevator Death

All from the anime 'Another'

• Like 1

Basically all of Blood-C. The show itself is pretty bad and boring, but there's a compilation of all the deaths on Youtube. Good stuff. If you want to see a bunch of giant rabbits devouring a whole city in the most brutal ways possible, that's the show for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Another and the death of the class teacher...(That was like... not even in this stratosphere hardcore) >___<

Honorable mentions: Umbrella death

Elevator Death

All from the anime 'Another'

I was gonna say that... the death of that teacher had me scared.

Most hardcore death in Anime?

[spoiler=Greatness]- The Death of Uvogin - Hunter x Hunter

- The Death of Kira - Death Note

- The Death of Makoto Shishio - Rurouni Kenshin

- The Death of Sensui - YuYu Hakusho

- The Death of the Band of the Hawk (Eclipse) - Berserk

• Geano locked this topic