Name a popular anime character.

AnimeThief

So, what popular overrated anime character that you like comes to mind?

I'll name one. Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion. In fact she is the face of the series seeing as she has a critical role in the show, that being a clone of Shinji's mom and an obsession of his father.

Rei comes off as the connection between Shinji and his father. Both talk to her primarily and both have a love for her. If Rei dies, well...Gendo Ikari will just grab another Rei.

Kind of creepy to go and clone your wife in the form of a 14 year old girl.

• Like 1

I'll name one. Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion. In fact she is the face of the series seeing as she has a critical role in the show, that being a clone of Shinji's mom and an obsession of his father.

Rei comes off as the connection between Shinji and his father. Both talk to her primarily and both have a love for her. If Rei dies, well...Gendo Ikari will just grab another Rei.

The character that comes to my mind is Edward Elric from "Fullmetal Alchemist", even though the show is not quite as popular in the UK as for example "Attack on Titan", "Naruto" and "Dragon Ball Z". I enjoyed this character because of the sense of his emotionalism due to his such tragic past and that he still bears his sins whilst retaining his unbreakable bond with his younger brother Alphonse.

Kurumi Tokisaki.

s-gun-headdress-long_hair-red_eyes-tokisaki_kurumi-twintails-weapon-yellow_eyes-youran_yui081128.thumb.jpg.4c54cd21b23f1a3b226e874b6ebca35b.jpg

She might be overrated, but she is still awesome!~

She looks pretty, has awesome powers, and her dress is to die for <3

She is like the mascot for all heterochromia!

• Agree 1

Haruhi Suzumiya, the most overrated character from most overrated show.

I believe that anime owes much of it's successes to it's ending sequence dance number:

CrWoEub.gif.dbbcaef6421dbd4e24695c31f48df20a.gif

And it's also anime from which the infamous ''Endless 8'' came from.

(I've watched it all since I didn't know about it at the time... :'()

Characters are bland, storyline is generic and OST is largely forgetable.

They've made an awesome movie though.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Actually a very popular character who comes to my mind now is Naruto Uzumaki.

• 1 month later...

I think that Eren is probably the most popular anime character that I like. I feel a little silly anytime I'm like, "OMG, I LOVE EREN!" because basically 50 million people like Eren (though I bet that Mikasa and Levi are more popular overall). Still, I really like Eren. I like the fact that he always jumps into a fight, no matter how bad it looks. I also appreciate the fact that he doesn't win but he also doesn't lose, even in the face of ridiculous odds.

Eren_jaeger_render_by_yusunnie-d6rn8hz.thumb.png.3de5e4d08b808dce9f17ff86bccb052f.png

Eren_jaeger_render_by_yusunnie-d6rn8hz.thumb.png.873aa1e14cccb50364c421e3cf9522a1.png

• Like 2

I want to say my waifu, Sayaka from Madoka, but unfortunately, she's the opposite of popular. Sigh. Sigh-yaka. jaja

Popular characters that I like... Gintoki from Gintama, Conan from Detective Conan, and Saber from Fate/Zero (though everyone and their mother prefers Rin for whatever reasons...), that's it. My other favorite characters aren't super popular, or are just borderline popular (Celty from Durarara, Kino from Kino's Journey, and Kyubey... yes, Kyubey).

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic