New Studio Ghibli Movie - Ronja , the Robber’s Daughter

Wodahs

now some of you may be interested in a new creation about to come out from Studio Ghibli called

Ronja , the Robber’s Daughter

upload_2017-1-15_14-2-20.jpeg.0a9a951f09d520a9cb6cbaee64563121.jpeg

The show is about a girl who grows up amongst a clan of robbers in a remote castle near a forest. One day Ronja ventures into the woods and embarks on a series of adventures amongst the strange creatures that live there with a boy from a rival clan.

Miyazaki previously described Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter as "a story not just about a girl who grows into adulthood, but also a story about the love and growth between a parent and a child, and a story about the bonds between friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmSAvA_91p0

now I cant say I will or wont watch it my self (but don't think ill be waiting for its release to watch)

but with first impressions , to me the English voices just seemed odd (more the accents) but may suit the anime theme if I saw more , I dont know

The English-language version of the series will be narrated by X-Files star Gillian Anderson. It's directed by Goro Miyazaki, director of Tales of Earthsea and son of Ghibli co-founder and anime legend Hayao Miyazaki

• 2 weeks later...

The CGI characters may have been Amazon's call, but I don't like the way they move at all. It's looks fake and odd. If they'd gotten someone or even a few people to handle it from ufotable, I might be a little more on board, and I actually like Goro as a director, but there needs to be a reason to have CGI characters, and isn't one so far as I can tell. I'm weary of this for now.

• Geano locked this topic