No Game No Life - General Discussion

Optic

Surprised there isn't a thread for this yet.. :o

No Game No Life is a solid title. Sora and Shiro use their amazing chemistry to challenge other races on behalf of the human race in another parallel world. Alas, still no sign of a second series with that open-ended ending. @_@

The American release was released by Sentai FIlmworks in August with an English dub and it looks good!

no-game-no-life-bluray-front-discs.thumb.jpg.1bd46fbc80c22f50e441b6c5080230d9.jpg

no-game-no-life-bluray-back.thumb.jpg.aafd3e502cdae035f572b5f883b581c2.jpg

• Like 1

It's a MUST watch. Highly recommend it. It's a very funny title, there is no violence (it's a rule of the alternate world) and I got hooked instantly within the first two episodes. Sora is a very solid main character, there is a lot of focus on strategy during their game challenges. Lots of situations where you think "Oh gosh how are they going to get through this one?" and almost each time there is a satisfying solution that pulls them through each diverse challenge.

My only reservation is that the pastel colours of the parallel world they're pulled into might make your eyes bleed. :P But it does settle down and you get used to it.

Sorry I haven't seen Mondaiji-tachi so I can't compare it to that. >_<

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I tried it and it wasn't for me, but it sure is pretty. Just look at this figure.

Ohhh now that's a stunning Shiro figure.

But I think I prefer the Kotobukiya figure... mainly because I think the chibis are sort of distracting. As silly as the show was. xD

no-game-no-life-shiro-kotobukiya-figure.thumb.jpg.d8e7c17c0d30f892abf89f761faf75a3.jpg

Would love to see a Sora figure though. Or one where you could put the two together side by side.

• Like 1

Ohhh now that's a stunning Shiro figure.

Would love to see a Sora figure though. Or one where you could put the two together side by side.

I actually thought about buying this one, too. But it's really hard to justify when I don't even care for the series or character.

i mean that hasnt stopped me before but still

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just finished the show. Wow... it completely amazed me how well they pulled this show off. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Also, Jibril finally got more screen time, so she does move up to the number two spot. Also, Steph kinda slacked in character development near the end, so it goes like this:

1. Sora
  2. Jibril
  3. Shiro
  4. Steph

Not to say I didn't like Shiro or Steph, its just that Sora and Jibril were much better characters overall. Really hope for a season 2 as well... Also, I remember back when this was airing, its hard to believe that it was over a year ago now.

no-game-no-life-shiro-kotobukiya-figure-jpg.23636

Really wish there was a Sora and Jibril one, but that one looks really nice though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think so as well, the second season will forever be a myth. Book 3 is of NGNL is the start of the end of the series. Can't wait for Book 4, looks like new things are in store. Just jugging from the cover lol.

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...

This anime was perfect, and I know the word perfect is a little bland so ill go in a bit more with the detail.

From episode 1 I was hooked, anyone here knows what I'm talking about. Now I'm a big fan of art in anime and the character design, background detail etc, and the way they designed the anime with red line instead of black was very interesting at least to me. Anyway onto the actual plot. What can I say, cute, genius, loli imoto? Ive already heard enough but when you add an exciting protagonist(shiro) who leaves you on the edge of your seat every time he so much as breathes and he's someone who came in this mystical new world and did nothing but dominate these people at not only their own game but their own lives.

2abfec541c1e94bbba013833d15e7cd7.jpg.dd15b6ba14bb68fbbdcbbf8fb76522a5.jpg

Edited by Guest

I'm only on episode 6, but its pretty good so far. It is basically Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?, but with much better execution. Also, Sora is pretty well made, and Shiro is alright as well. I would probably rate them like so:

1. Sora
  2. Steph
  3. Shiro
  4. Jibril (not really enough screen time to rate her well though)

Stop right there, I completely respect your opinion but how did steph who's only use is either fanservice or chanting about how "They can do this!" and next episode "I was wrong!" Shes literally there for fanservice and bitching but somehow she reaches above shiro? Cute, genius, loli imoto? Hell no.

Steph is just there so for those who don't understand a rather complicated strategy they can explain it to her.

8acd22ca0027ec43cea83642f58b3379.jpg.gif.6344e797927f3620cd8d43d869a7235d.gif

Tumblr_n6s354LH9Y1tddjuxo1_500.gif.7188550e44883e5563a188f434141517.gif

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
  • Geano locked this topic