Old man, Old Rants-An Introduction

Grettings all, Yolnahkulaan here, which if it wasn't caught is a Dovah name derived from the Dragon language of Skyrim.

I am an Anime fan, forum-goer and Role Player of old. 30 years old and happy married man to the best husband in the world. I have had the urge to get back into the Anime community despite having been put off of it for the last few years. I mostly blame it on getting old, and things out of my generation are stupid and scary to me, apparently.

I am a Mortician, who works with my husband whom is a Funeral Director/Owner. I am a Pagan worshipper of Death and have been for many years.

I hope to become part of an Anime community again, one that I hope does not turn into a PC scream-fest, and one of respect, open-mindedness and civility.

I am open to contact with any conversation, Anime, Art, Role-Playing, or life in general.

Thank you again~

Suuuup, you know I used to think I'd like to be a mortician. I heard it was a pretty chill gig, heard you get to work with your headphones on and it's quiet, sounded like it would be my kind of thing. Is it really that chill? Also, how do people normally react when you tell them you're a mortician?

What an interesting and high quality introductory post. Hello there!

I'm Cy~ and I am also a fan of anime and roleplaying. I'm also a sometimes forum goer. Sometimes. I get scared away pretty easily, though, hahaha. I only stay on forums with pretty flawless mods and administrators.

This place is generally quite lovely, and I think that almost everyone uses a PC. Just kidding! I know what you mean. xD

Btw... I'm totally older than you, hahaha, but I consider myself a young lady~ I'm also married to my wife, whom is slightly older than me and also a young lady. I guess we have this sorta in common?

Grettings all, Yolnahkulaan here, which if it wasn't caught is a Dovah name derived from the Dragon language of Skyrim.

I am an Anime fan, forum-goer and Role Player of old. 30 years old and happy married man to the best husband in the world. I have had the urge to get back into the Anime community despite having been put off of it for the last few years. I mostly blame it on getting old, and things out of my generation are stupid and scary to me, apparently.

I am a Mortician, who works with my husband whom is a Funeral Director/Owner. I am a Pagan worshipper of Death and have been for many years.

I hope to become part of an Anime community again, one that I hope does not turn into a PC scream-fest, and one of respect, open-mindedness and civility.

I am open to contact with any conversation, Anime, Art, Role-Playing, or life in general.

Thank you again~

Hello, welcome to AF.

My name is Frost, and if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

I hope you enjoy our small community.

See you around~

You needn't worry about age. There is very little difference in age between you and I, and I as well at one point was in your current position where anime is concerned. Knowing this forum, they'll be more than happy to get you up to speed should you so desire it.

• Agree 1

Suuuup, you know I used to think I'd like to be a mortician. I heard it was a pretty chill gig, heard you get to work with your headphones on and it's quiet, sounded like it would be my kind of thing. Is it really that chill? Also, how do people normally react when you tell them you're a mortician?

Oh, well most people generally act a little frightened, shocked or disgusted. Some on the other hand think it's super cool. But there are parts of the job that are not so nice. Having to deal with the bereaved can be tough, and sometimes you get car accident victims with half a face missing or a limb missing or, even hanging off...you have to take a cosmetology class to be a Mortician, gotta learn how to do make-up, stitch and stuff cotton or padding. Sort of like trying to Frankenstein someone back together, only without using spare parts. Just...parts with what you've got left. : /.

Also you get children...so that's a part of the job as well. You have to have a decently strong constitution, if you don't you won't last.

Also thank you everyone else for the kind replies! Yes Cy, I suppose that does make us a bit similar, being part of the LGBTQ community. I was recently at Pride here in Portland, OR. Very fun. Also married life---me and my husband have only been married since January. I will never forget it, or how I proposed. He still talks about it. xD

Edited by Guest

Oh, well most people generally act a little frightened, shocked or disgusted. Some on the other hand think it's super cool. But there are parts of the job that are not so nice. Having to deal with the bereaved can be tough, and sometimes you get car accident victims with half a face missing or a limb missing or, even hanging off...you have to take a cosmotology class to be a Mortician, gotta learn how to do make-up, stitch and stuff cotton or padding. Sort of like trying to Frankenstein someone back together, only without using spare parts. Just...parts with what you've got left. : /.

Also you get children...so that's a part of the job as well. You have to have a decently strong constitution, if you don't you won't last.

I admire you for being able to do that. It's not something I would ever be able to handle, especially because of children and young people. The departed deserve to look the best they can though, and it's awesome you do that for them

Yes Cy, I suppose that does make us a bit similar, being part of the LGBTQ community. I was recently at Pride here in Portland, OR. Very fun. Also married life---me and my husband have only been married since January. I will never forget it, or how I proposed. He still talks about it. xD

Hahaha, that sounds so cute!

Also, small world! My spouse and I are in the northwest as well and frequently visit the Portland area. We didn't make it to Pride, though, just due to being insanely busy this week.

• Like 1

That is hilarious that you're so near! Pride this year was fun, we chose to stand in front of protesters to scream and hold up signs to block them out.

And yes, we are newly weds, but we dated for nigh four years. <3

That is hilarious that you're so near! Pride this year was fun, we chose to stand in front of protesters to scream and hold up signs to block them out.

And yes, we are newly weds, but we dated for nigh four years. <3

Hahaha, that *is* cute - the long dating part of things, that is. The protesting is just sad, but thankfully folks like you and your spouse were there to counter. (y)

My spouse and I actually dated for 3 or 4 years as well before we finally settled into things as well, so that's yet another point of commonality. :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

They say Happily Ever Afters don't exist, but I believe if you find the right person, it does. Everyone's HappyEverAfter is different.