Picture upload

Greeneyes

Question

Recently I have tried to upload a few images and I cant apparently its to big I checked the file size but it said that it was smaller then the max limit on the upload, so I had to cut the photo basically in half to be able to upload it so I am suggesting that if it is possible you can make the upload size bigger or something in that direction....

6 answers to this question

Hi @GreenEyes, so I can troubleshoot this further can you please confirm where exactly you tried to upload the image?

• In a thread?
  • On your profile cover?
  • On your profile background?
  • On your profile avatar?
  • On your signature?

Also what was the exact file size you tried to upload?

Hi @GreenEyes, so I can troubleshoot this further can you please confirm where exactly you tried to upload the image?

• In a thread?
  • On your profile cover?
  • On your profile background?
  • On your profile avatar?
  • On your signature?

Also what was the exact file size you tried to upload?

Ok, I tried in a thread and profile cover. It's 1.5 megabytes.

Hi @GreenEyes,

The file size limit is 10 MB for profile covers/backgrounds and 5 MB for attachments inside forum discussions (I've just upped this to 10 MB)

There is a dimension limit though of 5000 x 5000 pixels for the image file. Is it possible your image is larger than this? You really should be resizing it to around 1920 x 1080 pixels if possible.

If you're not sure what the dimensions of your image is can you please send me an email with the image file at:

[email protected]

Hi @GreenEyes,

The file size limit is 10 MB for profile covers/backgrounds and 5 MB for attachments inside forum discussions (I've just upped this to 10 MB)

There is a dimension limit though of 5000 x 5000 pixels for the image file. Is it possible your image is larger than this? You really should be resizing it to around 1920 x 1080 pixels if possible.

If you're not sure what the dimensions of your image is can you please send me an email with the image file at:

[email protected]

Yeah it might be bigger than that I can check. Is there a way to up that even or no because they say bigger is better

Yes normally bigger is better when you're doing graphics work but it's overkill for a profile, especially for smartphone users. Having said that, I do agree this can be improved and will look into bolstering the image processor to accommodate images larger than 5000 x 5000 pixels so it will resize it automatically for you.

Until it's ready, as a workaround you should scale your image down to ~1920 pixels in width using a graphic editing application (e.g. Photoshop) or if you don't have one you can use this online tool:

http://www.picresize.com

resize-image.thumb.png.3dcdb878ae1ec707d1b4b521828a5109.png

Edited by Guest

Yes normally bigger is better when you're doing graphics work but it's overkill for a profile, especially for smartphone users. Having said that, I do agree this can be improved and will look into bolstering the image processor to accommodate images larger than 5000 x 5000 pixels so it will resize it automatically for you.

Until it's ready, as a workaround you should scale your image down to ~1920 pixels in width using a graphic editing application (e.g. Photoshop) or if you don't have one you can use this online tool:

http://www.picresize.com

[ATTACH=full]31273[/ATTACH]

Thank you I will do this for future until it is improved upon!