Puella Magi Madoka Magica - General Discussion

Optic

Anyone else that liked this older magical girl title?

The pacing of the plot is absolutely spot on from Madoka's point of view, her going from a happy life, slowly turning into a battle of morality and inner turmoil among those close to her after discovering a parallel world of magical girls battling witches.

Secondly well, it's not your typical magical girl title with moe fan service. There is some action, but it's most definitely a psychological thriller for the reasons stated above.

Definitely a must-see to those that haven't watched it before. :)

• 2 months later...

I seen up to episode 3 and just put it off. It's not that it was bad or anything, it's just that it's only 12 episodes long and I don't want to finish it all at once... and I forget to get back to it.

• 1 month later...

So I finally finished Puella (No rehab needed thankfully).

The story got quite heavy with the feels near the end :'(

The artwork was amazing and the characters were well developed.

In short it was brilliant.

• Like 1

Why have I never set foot in this thread...?

Anyways goes without saying I absolutely love this anime. If you really enjoyed it you may want to check out the movies. The first two movies basically are just an improved version of the original series, but the third is its own thing. Although its ending gets a lot of hate so there's that.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I loved it when I first watched it.

I liked it when I rewatched it.

I was pretty "meh" when I ended up watching the recap movies before going on to Rebellion. Over time, I seem to be appreciating what it has to offer less and less. This is true for many other series as well. It's unfortunate, I wish I could go back to being younger and enjoying nearly everything I watched.

Homura did nothing wrong.

• Agree 1

Homura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!

:P

Seriously though....Homura was the one character I felt like I could kinda sorta relate to. That feeling of wanting to protect the people you love overflows within me.

I'll be honest, I found this anime to be a little bizarre....however it fit for the world that was created and I ending up loving it for the same reasons I found it to be bizarre. Madoka doesn't hold a candle to Homura though :P

Unpopular Opinion Alert

I didn't like Homura. Yeah.

I'm not exactly sure what's it about her that didn't sit well with me. I mean, logically, I could understand why she did what she did, but I just don't support her on an emotional level, nor did I sympathize with her.

Probably the reason why my favorite character is the one person who always bumped heads with her.

Okay, I lied. I do know the reason why I didn't like her. She almost killed Sayaka. I know she probably wouldn't have done it, and lots of people defended this action through her 'desperation' and whatnot, but it's just one of her many actions that added up to my disliking. She's ruthless and pragmatic, and not in a likable way like James Bond. She made Sayaka lonely when she took her childhood friend from her (in an unseen scene mentioned by the writers as the reason Sayaka met Hitomi in the first place).

Given other circumstances, had Kyubey not caused her to go on a time-loop and thus make her an anti-social emo, well, perhaps I might have liked her. Perhaps.

• 2 years later...

Please tell me there is another movie or something that makes sense out of this timeline soup because I wouldn't understand what happened in this movie if you bent me over and spanked me with it.

There is no movie after Rebellion, at least for now.

Homura became a devil or demon, but there are still magical girls, since the only difference between Homura's universe and Madoka's is that Madoka is still with them.

As for the incubators, I do not know, but they seem to be scared of her after she rewrote everything.

• Geano locked this topic