Re:Creators - Episode 9 Discussion

Optic

Oh goodness… this is probably my least favourite episode of Re:Creators so far due to having very mixed feelings with the events that occurred. After a very dramatic escalation of force during Mamika’s confrontation with Altair in the previous episode, we are then presented with a heavily injured, bleeding, Mamika flying through the city trying to reach Alicetaria.

re-creators-e09-17.thumb.jpg.4bec2ccabadb29f1afe6cb8b9fb7316d.jpg

re-creators-e09-21.thumb.jpg.acd95cc760e025c55a75ca90a7b1805a.jpg

And yet somehow, SOMEHOW, Magane happened to be directly under the same flight path as Mamika, with blood dripping onto her snack. @_@ Mamika is unable to make it so after she collapses, Magane approaches Mamika who implores her to tell Alicetaria to stop Altair due to her ulterior motives. Alicetaria then happens to arrive but is too late as she cradles a dying Mamika.

re-creators-e09-16.thumb.jpg.bd173eef01a066ab66b07af80526650c.jpg

Of course, at this point, when Alicetaria tries to find out what Mamika’s dying words were, Magane uses this as an opportunity to amuse herself by twisting the message by implying that she should instead stop Meteora instead of Altair, sending Alicetaria astray vowing to whack Meteora. @_@

re-creators-e09-22.thumb.jpg.b340ab841f3f93bdef970346516febc2.jpg

The rest of the episode is spent with Magane bumping into Sota yet again, finding great amusement by calling him out on his sulking and hesitation to reveal his knowledge about Altair to Meteora. Thankfully, Meteora and Kuronagimaru appear to intervene but just as they’re about to engage Magane, Alicetaria then appears – with Meteora trained on her sights.

re-creators-e09-27.thumb.jpg.fda624883fd224068d9ea0bd855eb6d8.jpg

4/10 – I felt this was a terrible way to show Mamika’s last moments (hope she is somehow revived later but doubtful). Alicetaria being so easily manipulated like that for by Magane for convenient plot really bothered me.

re-creators-e09-03.thumb.jpg.c9ab6734ee1c70afd260ccaf8914bae6.jpg

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic