Re:Creators - General Discussion

Optic

re-creators-poster2.thumb.jpg.ea75413bdc050efcedd4e947eb67a420.jpgHigh school artist Souta Mizushino is working on his latest creation when suddenly he is literally brought into another world during a clash of a mysterious woman in military regalia and that of Celestia Yupitilia. When he returns he discovers that Celestia also returned with him.

They eventually meet another character, Meteora - and continue to meet other characters from different franchises and worlds that are literally coming to life -- with both themselves and their respective creators becoming bewildered.

Souta and Celestia work together with Meteora to help uncover these strange events...

This is quite an interesting action packed title so far, it does feel different. The reactions of the characters finding themselves on merchandise is priceless. We've also been blessed again with Hiroyuki Sawano's EPIC cinematic music for this title. :angel:

• Anyone else watching this title?
  • How are you finding it?
  • Any favourite characters?
  • Like 4

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watched a few episodes of it. I got impatient waiting a whole week for a new episode tho so I kinda just stopped watching it.

I'll watch it once its done airing. lol.

Anyway, I find it really interesting. Plus Hiroyuki Sawano <3

I can't really give much of a review since I kinda stopped watching it but hey, at least I know Meteora is best.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'm glad someone finally made a thread for this title. I have been meaning to do so. But... I've been a bad, lazy Kirry.

I am a litttitle behind currently, but the first few episodes I have seen really did suck me in. I love the portrayal of anime and game characters in an actual anime :P *mind explodes*

I think this series has a lot of potential, I just hope it doesn't disappoint. < 3

I can see this going a lot of different ways, so I'm interested in finding out more about the MC's

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

This is one anime that I didn't fully expect to really get all that into, if I'm to be completely honest. I had a lot of reservations, but ultimately found it to be a ton of fun, and super enjoyable to watch.

If I had to offer any complaint about it, it'd be that there's an entire episode taken up, almost entirely, by Meteora going on a mind-numbingly long monologue... I like the character, but honestly that was a bit much. Apart from that episode, however, it has been quite enjoyable.

I'm really liking this lady.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.59c492e3dfd2b9b12ba7a0f82cf24747.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I started watching this anime thinking that I'd drop or I wouldn't like but it turned out pretty good. The characters aren't boring how I thought it was going to be and they can be philosophical sometimes.

I hope to see the old man with the gun doing more stuff later, he seems a good character. Until now my favorites characters are the Mahou Shoujo girl and the Knight blonde lady. It'll take me some more episodes to finally remember the name of everybody.

• Like 1

I hope to see the old man with the gun doing more stuff later, he seems a good character. Until now my favorites characters are the Mahou Shoujo girl and the Knight blonde lady. It'll take me some more episodes to finally remember the name of everybody.

I think I'd like him more if not for the fact that his ability to float around and fly seems just really... weird and out of place. Even more so than with the other non-magicish characters, given the fact that his design is so ... well ... down to Earth. Seeing him hovering about just feels goofy.

I loved the way that the magical girl was introduced... her reactions to everything early on during her first fight were quite amusing. x)

• Agree 2

I think I'd like him more if not for the fact that his ability to float around and fly seems just really... weird and out of place. Even more so than with the other non-magicish characters, given the fact that his design is so ... well ... down to Earth. Seeing him hovering about just feels goofy.

I loved the way that the magical girl was introduced... her reactions to everything early on during her first fight were quite amusing. x)

I agree that he seems out of place, the only thing he has that fits with the rest of the characters are those gravitational bullets, other than that he doesn't really fit, I agree.

I'll still wait to see, I hope some good stuff from him.

• Like 1

Oh oh oh! I am very much watching this show!

From the very beginning, I desperately wanted to love this show and the world that the show takes place in. I am a writer, but I have often been guilty of considering my own writing to be too terrible to share then deleting it (bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad :'(). It is only recently that I got over this (largely thanks to my spouse), and finally I am starting to write with the intent of sharing. Suddenly, Re:Creators enters the scene.

There's just something about the concept of characters from fiction becoming reality that gets me giddy. I don't know how to say it, exactly, but this show speaks to my inner "creator". It makes me feel like writing, for no other reason than to breathe life into my own worlds. I guess that's why this show makes me want to like it. Or something like that... :?

My actual impressions, so far, have been a hit, hit, and miss, and then another hit. Ups and downs, and I think that my final opinion will depend on where they go next and the ending. The few info dump episodes that existed were serious downers to me. I have the attention span of a gnat in a sea of moldy orange peels. I was practically bleeding out of my skin as they explained a bunch of gibberish that I could barely care about, instead of, you know, just showing me more of their pretty universe. (o^.^o)

With that said, I think I'll love this show all the same, no matter what they do. The music is awesome, the writing is intelligent, the characters can be amusing as heck, and the art direction is sublime.... My favorite character so far is purple haired girl. (I can't remember her name!!!! :o) Second favorite is definitely mahou shoujo. Her role in the story and her character design make me melt like butter. :angel:

• Like 2

[spoiler=Just watched episode 8...]Oh darn it... I basically predicted episode eight entirely, which was utterly disappointing. I was hoping that they wouldn't go this way, but here we are with Not Madoka being Not Madoka and the Angst Queen being the Angst Queen. :S

The only interesting thing that happened in this episode was Sato (the ever-hesitant "protagonist") is apparently now set up for potential bribery. :o

I'm so pissed off, especially because one of the characters that made this show worth watching is now... Prrrobably not gonna be in this Saturday's ep except as a corpse. Omfg. :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

• Like 2

[spoiler=Just watched episode 8...]Oh darn it... I basically predicted episode eight entirely, which was utterly disappointing. I was hoping that they wouldn't go this way, but here we are with Not Madoka being Not Madoka and the Angst Queen being the Angst Queen. :S

The only interesting thing that happened in this episode was Sato (the ever-hesitant "protagonist") is apparently now set up for potential bribery. :o

I'm so pissed off, especially because one of the characters that made this show worth watching is now... Prrrobably not gonna be in this Saturday's ep except as a corpse. Omfg. :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

I'm shocked.

• Winner 1

I hate to say it, but my impression of this anime has been falling with every episode. The events of the most recent were painfully bland, horribly predictable and worst of all, boring. I honestly don't really have any desire to continue on with the series at this point.

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but my impression of this anime has been falling with every episode. The events of the most recent were painfully bland, horribly predictable and worst of all, boring. I honestly don't really have any desire to continue on with the series at this point.

I'm beginning to think that my tastes are trash because no one is liking Re Creators and everyone is liking Eromanga-Sensei. Oh god.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

I'm beginning to think that my tastes are trash because no one is liking are Creators and everyone is liking Eromanga-Sensei. Oh god.

For what it's worth, I want desperately to love this show --- meanwhile, my interest in Eromanga-Sensei is basically less than zero. :?

• Like 2

For what it's worth, I want desperately to love this show --- meanwhile, my interest in Eromanga-Sensei is basically less than zero. :?

Thank god, Zoop, thank god.

• Funny 1

I'm beginning to think that my tastes are trash because no one is liking Re Creators and everyone is liking Eromanga-Sensei. Oh god.

Re:Creators has a great premise, solid music, fantastic visuals, and likable characters. Unfortunately, all of this is being outweighed by bad writing. Just plain stupid writing. Writing so bad that it made me get teary eyed.

In the most recent episode, the crazy girl "tricks" the knight into thinking... That Meteora killed her friend. Which causes... (Wait for it...) The knight to want to kill Meteora. Amazing! Except that it isn't. The knight already wanted to murder that entire team, including Meteora, and there had been no development to indicate otherwise. It's like the writers forgot who was on what side.

There are about a half dozen other dazzling moments of annoying writing in this episode (purple hair just generally seemed to have terrible, repetitive lines), but that one just overshadowed everything.

Note, I wrote this in a hurry on my phone, so there may be some weird errors in this post. :o

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

No, I'm actually starting to really like Re-Creators but I'm still catching up on it as well. Watched a couple more episodes last night. I think animation wise, it's beautiful. And I rather enjoy the concept.

That being said, Meteora is my bae.

recreators-ep-4-review-seventhstyle-021.jpg.e61ad788bde8143dba7f78c4463b6c43.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

No, I'm actually starting to really like Re-Creators but I'm still catching up on it as well. Watched a couple more episodes last night. I think animation wise, it's beautiful. And I rather enjoy the concept.

Agreed with pretty much all of that. I want so very hard to love this show. :'(

I really hope that they pull out of the slump they've been in for the last couple episodes (at least, imo).

• Like 2

Ugh I'm so gonna give into all of you eventually :o

I can't get this on British Crunchyroll so if I wanted to watch it I'd have to find... alternate... means... *ahem*

I'm thinking I like the look of it, and it is immensely popular here, so I'd be willing to check it out and make the effort to source it if anybody was to recommend it to me?

Especially based on my previous experiences.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

[ATTACH=full]31705[/ATTACH]

Kirry is my partner in crime.

mio-is-so-happy.thumb.jpg.401acc4eae89dbf3d089ba0d447c2919.jpg

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

I'm thinking I like the look of it, and it is immensely popular here, so I'd be willing to check it out and make the effort to source it if anybody was to recommend it to me?

Especially based on my previous experiences.

I'm willing to stick my neck out there and recommend it, tbh. I just looked through your list and I think that you would like Re:Creators. While the writing kinda irks me, the show is pretty, still has hope for a solid ending, and has a strong premise.

• Like 1

So like, as we approach the end of this anime (since I think it's running for 12 or 13 episodes), it really feels like the writers are determined to make me hate them. They are killing, maiming, and brutalizing all of my favorite characters. Fucking beating them into a pulp. I'm just like... WTF. How are you intending to wrap this mess up!?!?! :angry:

Also, does it run for 12 eps or 20-something? If it's only 12 or 13, I think they're messing up. :crazy:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

So like, as we approach the end of this anime (since I think it's running for 12 or 13 episodes), it really feels like the writers are determined to make me hate them. They are killing, maiming, and brutalizing all of my favorite characters. f****** beating them into a pulp. I'm just like... WTF. How are you intending to wrap this mess up!?!?! :angry:

Also, does it run for 12 eps or 20-something? If it's only 12 or 13, I think they're messing up. :crazy:

Don't you worry, it'll be 22 episodes, let's have some faith.

• Like 1

Don't you worry, it'll be 22 episodes, let's have some faith.

I'll try to stay calm and have faith! But, this is me after the last episode -

anime-gifs-5-1.gif.74b8100a0c4834b2f1a4c252e3843ee3.gif

• Like 2

• Geano locked this topic