Real people that you admire

Cy~

I admire both you and @zoop lol. I admire that you didn't let gender get in the way of love. In fact, I admire the whole LGBT community. They're awesome people.

I also admire myself for being uhh.... myself. Yeah.

• Friendly 3

i admire my two best friends and my mother!

my mother has been through a lot, and has continued to raise my brother and i through all of it. (tmi incoming)

my dad was an alcoholic and was, lets just say, not a great parental figure. he was terrible to my brother and pitted my mother against us and by the time i was 10, i didnt think of him as a father anymore. he made a lot of things difficult, and my mom still tried to be the best mother she could be despite that. once we finally left him, she had to deal with making income to support us and finding a place to live, along with coming to terms with my depression and anxiety and being so caring and understanding while trying to learn about it. we're still not in the best conditions, but i know that shes trying the best that she can and that she loves me.

i wont go to into detail on my friends' situations, but they both also had tough childhoods due to family problems, but despite that, their both amazing artists and one of them is devoted to an incredible story that he's been developing for most of his life, and ive been so proud seeing them and their art grow and improve over time.

also i will say, you and zoop inspire me too, i love how honest and straightforward you guys are, as well as how caring and welcoming you guys have been to me so far! i hope we can get closer as time goes on :D

• Friendly 2

My husband for one. I wouldn't have married him if I didn't. My story isn't as awesome as Cy's but it's still something people think is interesting - we met at Gamestop while we were both working there. We started playing D&D with the group of people that worked there and I quickly realized how different he was from the other guys.

At the time my husband had foot surgery done and even though he could barely walk he still insisted on both going to school and working to pay his way through school (which is something I was also doing. I actually worked full time at a grocery store year round and Gamestop seasonally to make ends meet for myself) One of the guys would literally move state to state to dodge his credit debts and most of the others were living with their parents/grandparents and being ungrateful at the gift of free lodging (the guy who lived with his grandma I had dated and twice a week I would go to her house between classes and help her with chores in exchange for lunch while my then boyfriend sat around playing games and complaining when she asked him to do something she didn't want me getting hurt over - like clearing the gutters. He did not pay her rent and she offered to pay for his college courses if he decided to take them, which he refused)

Anyway, that got longer than I expected. TLDR; my husband showed that he had a great work ethic and made strides to achieve his goals despite excuses such as surgery and college where other eligible candidates faltered. I'm very happy with the choices I've made and I'm happy that he's agreed to them (I asked him to marry me because who says women can't ask men?) and I'm happy with the choices he's made and I think together we can build a very wonderful life.

Aside from that, I really admire my parents despite that I disagree with a lot of what they do. They both showed me some qualities I think are "good" and those are the qualities I try to imitate in my daily life. I don't think I could ask for better parents. They were/are tough but fair.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 2

I think this is a rather difficult question for me to answer without getting too emotional. But... Yosh!

My grandmother. I actually have a sleeve (tattoo) in dedication to her, it takes up the majority of my left arm. She passed away when I was around 17-18 years old. My grandmother was nothing short of saintly, and was probably my best friend. When I was a kid, she use to always call me her "soul mate." She was incredibly soft spoken, and incredibly patient with me when it came to my struggles. She never once judged me and could listen better than anyone I have ever met. I admired her for her patience and kindness. She suffered from thyroid cancer when she was 18, overcame incredible obstacles, had 3 children, raised her family and then her grandchildren, and even though she couldn't even eat food orally, she never once complained at family dinners. She would sit at the head of the table and listen to us all as we ate. She was such an amazing woman.

My grandfather. He was somewhat of my father figure. Before moving out of town two years ago, I spent every day taking care of him as he has Huntington's disease. Even now, that's not how I see him. I see him as this grumpy old man, who worked 3 jobs, built me a dollhouse out of scrap wood, shared ice cream cones with me, promised to buy me a white horse and let me be his assistant when he worked in the garage. Despite his disease, I see him as this super man. I love him to pieces, and even though he has trouble remembering my name, I know he still loves me more than any other man in the world could love me.

@Davis - who is probably going to think this is embarrassing as hell because, despite his internet douchery, is actually quite the softie. He is probably my best friend and every day I'm incredibly thankful that I had the honor to be graced by his presence. He would often sacrifice many nights of sleep (being 5 hours ahead of me) just to listen to me when I was upset or overly anxious. He would just let me talk, and then give me honest advice and endless support. And to cheer me up every morning, he would send me stupid little "random facts of the day." To this day, I'm not sure if it was a reason to talk to me some more, or if it was an honest effort to get my mind off things, but I still laugh about it and I'm incredibly grateful. He is nothing short of a gentleman, and I admire him for so many reasons. He is incredibly blunt- which, sounds like it may be a bad thing, but there's nothing I respect more than honesty. He is patient as hell. No, seriously. Like, it's almost inhuman how patient he is with me and my crap. He must have nerves of steel. Most importantly, he is kind. He never gives up in helping me figure my shit out. I admire him a whole lot.

Lastly, just about every one else here. I feel like I learn a lot from everyone here. Whether it's social skills, facts... I feel like everyone here is my family. There's so many of you who are immensely talented. And I'm so proud I get to moderate here. :angel:

• Like 1
  • Friendly 3

I admire my parents. They are never selfish. They prioritize me and my sister above themselves and they make sure we live a very decent life. In a world filled with many irresponsible people, I think I hit one of the jackpots.

My father does not give me my wants but he gives me all of my needs. Delicious food, large amounts of school allowance, and etc. He knows that I don't eat vegetables and seafoods so he makes sure that I eat tuna, chicken meat, eggs, and pork everyday even if he's just eating a super budget meal cuz all of his money was spend for my food.

My mother is the one who gives me my wants xD

She buys me toys, gadgets, my internet kit, and etc. She's also giving me money for playing computer games sometimes and to eat on my favorite fast food chain. She even brought me to a salon just for the emo side bangs hair that I want xD

My parents balanced my needs and wants. And I'm pretty sure the love me genuinely. I thank God because He gave them to me.

And yeah I admire myself hohoho. I never failed a subject and topped in class several times already. I feel so smart (narcissist? haha) My drawing skills kept on improving through the years and it's because of my never ending practice. I also have this never-give-up attitude which may look foolish but it actually made me achieve things I never imagined I would. And I love my looks. Heh. I know that I'm not a special person but I'm a limited edition.

Of course I admire this very special human in my life. I only met her online but she's pretty much everything to me right now. Can't even last a minute without thinking about her (Oh no this line sounds creepy HAHAHA). She's pretty much a master of everything. She's smart and knowledgable on many things. A pro on every game that we played, stomping me everytime I'm her opponent. She's a very good writer, a decent artist, and AAAAAAHHH there are just sooo many good things about her. And I'm just a mediocre human being. I'm so happy because she went down to my level and helped me raise myself up. I wuv u <3

• Like 2
  • Friendly 2

@Wedgy Oh my god, I wish that I could send a hug to you right now. Thank you for sharing that, honestly - it made my eyes tear up. I'm so happy that things worked out well for you and have settled in a good place! :)
  • Agree 1

I admire a guy named Adrian from boxing because he's a freaking beast. I admire John the trainer guy from boxing because I do, I respect him. I used to admire and still do admire to an extent, a man named Elliott Hulse, you could say I respect him philosophically and as a person, the wisdom he has shared has helped me. At the same time however, I find myself irritated by his marketing strategies and somewhat doubtful of his intentions now. I no longer know if he is the man I thought he was, however, the things he says still have meaning to me. No-one's perfect. I also admire anyone who has the courage to live freely as they like to. At the end of the day perhaps it isn't best to put your faith in one person, we are all human and infinitely fallible after all. Best to trust your gut and your own thinking if it is clear. Follow no man but yourself.

I admire my parents. Not because they gave me materials things but because through the years of finding all those romantic interests and such I realized that the love my Parents have for me is genuine. I had them go to school for some conference cause of a child's misbehavior. Their child caught vandalizing school grounds and such and for them it was not okay. I received punishment from them but then you're still part of the family and so we accept you, we still want you here. I realized that now, Genuine love is not easy to find and I'm lucky to have my parents. (Getting dramatic. Ew.)

• Like 2

My twin brother! He has always been there for me when I needed him.

We had our fights when we were younger and now not so much.

He is not only my mentor, but my friend and inspiration.

We also have pet names for each other, for being so close. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ashurii is a very inspirational person for me, I love her personality and her view on the world; she always has something nice to say and her video's (she is a youtuber) are inspirational, relaxing and a joy to watch. She has been such an inspiration to me, She has made me appreciate nature more than I ever had before, just talking to her puts me in a good mood. she is a huge My little pony fan AKA Pegasister, I am a huge Brony so it is awesome we are both MLP fans; I can talk to her about so much, she and I have quite a bit in common, she is a BABYMETAL fan as well, we are both huge Babymetal fans. She has made me appreciate Babymetal even more as well. She inspires me and makes me want to be a better person and I am so very glad I have met her; she is the nicest person I have ever met, I feel I have become a better person because of her and she has been a blessing to me in many ways, she is such a caring, joyous and kind hearted individual.

I am not counting my parents or anything, because they are obv the most inspirational and have helped shape me and teach me what I should be like. :)

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Edgar Allan Poe for one. I admire Stephen King, and JK Rowling and of course JRR Tolkien. If you want to talk more 'movie celebrity' type, uhm... *thinks* Ashton Kutcher does a lot of good. And of course the late greats of Leonard Nimoy, and Robin Williams. Bernie Sanders and also Justin Trudeau. And of course we cannot forget Bill Nye, and Neil Degrasse Tyson.

• 1 month later...

I love all my family but really admire my mother and sister. Their always there for me and help me with a lot of stuff. Most of all support me. Id be lost without them. So thanks you two for always being there for me even in my darkest times of my life.

A newly admire I have is for someone I met recently You know who you are.. They make me smile and laugh and feel good. They are also 100% real with me and very kind and caring. Happy I met them and hope we can always be friends till the end.