Scheduled downtime for Blog and Anime pages revamp

Optic

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay!

I have finally finished the bulk of the revamp which includes new themes for both the Forums and Front Page which is now live.

I will make an announcement tomorrow regarding the changes.

Then can finally start on the Spring 2017 titles/threads!

I'm okay with the new layout and all, but it's a bit wonky when my avatar is slightly in the quick reply textbox which seems to be the cause of the text only showing up more than halfway down the box. A majority of posts are shorter than where the text starts now. Not that it can't be gotten used to and all, but I've never been to a forum that did that. Other than that though, I like it, and the CPU's being all over the place is fine with me as well.

• Like 1

@RepentantSky this sounds like a bug - possibly due to your avatar being landscape which I didn't account for in the design. Would you be able to take a screenshot of your Quick Replt box? I'll investigate this ASAP.
  • Like 2

Things look kind of nice, but having full access on a tablet is difficult, and I do not really like how there is so much whitespace above the text when I type things out.

• Informative 1

Question about the layout, when I first seen the new layout it looks pretty cool and I like it a lot but are you now gonna change all the other styles to have the same layout as this one?

Hi @brycec with the spacing issue are you getting the same as per the screenshot @Muco posted above?

If so yes it is definitely not as intended which I'm looking into.

Yes, it is the same as the image in Muco's post.

I am glad you are looking into it.

@RepentantSky this sounds like a bug - possibly due to your avatar being landscape which I didn't account for in the design. Would you be able to take a screenshot of your Quick Replt box? I'll investigate this ASAP.

Honestly, I don't even know how to do that and it really doesn't bother me all that much, but thank you all the same.

@RepentantSky , @Muco, @brycec - I've made some adjustments to accommodate landscape avatars. They should now appear bigger in your postbits and the Quick Reply issue should now be fixed.

Let me know your thoughts.

Question about the layout, when I first seen the new layout it looks pretty cool and I like it a lot but are you now gonna change all the other styles to have the same layout as this one?

Not ruling anything out but yes it is perhaps something I'll consider in future. For now I am closely monitoring the feedback for this new theme on both the front page and forums.

• Like 2