(Spoilers!!!) My Higurashi questions. (spoilers!!!)

SAO LILDOOP

I finished watching Higurashi seasons 1-2 and am now watching the goofy and random Kira episodes. I have a few questions about the main 2 seasons, I hope you guys can answer.

1: Who's grave Ooishi-san visit at the graveyard frequently?

2: Who are the people at the very end of season 2? The elder one looks like an older Rika and the younger one is just someone new? The had quite a random convo.

3: The main Rika is the only one who has been living for hundreds of years am I right? All these other Rika's from parallel worlds will not die and go to a next one?

4: Rika said she could not come to a new world and be far away from watanagashi, but then right after that she came back further in time than before. Is this just because she was so close to success in the other world that she regained some power?

5: How did Akasaka and Tomitake-san and others who left Hinamizawa frequently not get hinamizawa syndrome and die? Rika said, if people were to leave hinamizawa then the disease would act up and kill them because they left her, the "queen carrier". Could it be that only people born in Hinamizawa have this disease and outsiders cant get it? NO! Because Keichii-kun got it in arc 1 and killed his friends. So I don't understand this at all.

Ok, so could any of you answer these questions for me please?

Loved the show, btw. In my top 3 fave anime. :D

I'm not an expert on this series, and a lot of my memory on the matter is a bit hazy, so this might not all be 110% accurate.

1: Who's grave Ooishi-san visit at the graveyard frequently?

1: My memory is hazy, but I think it's probably the manager of the dam project, who was a father figure for Ooishi, which is why he was so hell bent on getting to the bottom of the Hinamizawa murders.

2: Who are the people at the very end of season 2? The elder one looks like an older Rika and the younger one is just someone new? The had quite a random convo.

2: The young girl is Miyo, who you should be very familiar with at this point. The older lady isn't Rika per se, but ... ... ... ... [insert convoluted nonsense that I can not possibly ever be bothered to try and describe here], etc, etc, etc, etc. Her name is Bernkastel. Frederica Bernkastel. I guess she could be considered to have been born from the baggage of Rika's incessant torture? Why she appears as an adult there isn't something I know the answer to, since she's generally portrayed as being fairly young.

Disclaimer: I don't often spend too much time trying to delve into the inner workings of Ryukishi07's writing.

Lam_b21_akuwarai3.png.893e68f17770a14c8232e06a5b2905be.png

Probably, though, it was for the sole sake and purpose of confusing people.

3: The main Rika is the only one who has been living for hundreds of years am I right? All these other Rika's from parallel worlds will not die and go to a next one?

3: I think it's more likely that when Rika jumps back in time or whatnot, the 'old' Rika is poof'd out of existence. Don't really know how this particular bit is supposed to work.

4: Rika said she could not come to a new world and be far away from watanagashi, but then right after that she came back further in time than before. Is this just because she was so close to success in the other world that she regained some power?

4: Again, I'm not overly clear on this one, but I just presumed that there was a certain element of randomness involved in the whole thing, and that that a certain degree of proximity to and from watanagashi was the average - allowing for variation in both directions. I may be wrong here, though.

5: How did Akasaka and Tomitake-san and others who left Hinamizawa frequently not get hinamizawa syndrome and die? Rika said, if people were to leave hinamizawa then the disease would act up and kill them because they left her, the "queen carrier". Could it be that only people born in Hinamizawa have this disease and outsiders cant get it? NO! Because Keichii-kun got it in arc 1 and killed his friends. So I don't understand this at all.

5: The When they Cry wiki actually has a section called Flaws in Dr Takano's Report in their page for Hinamizawa Syndrome, which addresses the bit about brief visitors and tourists. I imagine that people who don't stick around for extended periods (like Akasaka) don't have too much to worry about, tbh. As for Tomitake, he benefited from the clinic's research into cures and inoculations.

Again, dunno how accurate it all is. All I know is that Bernkastel is a bitch.

Ber_a24_akuwarai3.png.9120bef946afc12dcd97e3956be46b54.png

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I'm not an expert on this series, and a lot of my memory on the matter is a bit hazy, so this might not all be 110% accurate.

1: My memory is hazy, but I think it's probably the manager of the dam project, who was a father figure for Ooishi, which is why he was so hell bent on getting to the bottom of the Hinamizawa murders.

2: The young girl is Miyo, who you should be very familiar with at this point. The older lady isn't Rika per se, but ... ... ... ... [insert convoluted nonsense that I can not possibly ever be bothered to try and describe here], etc, etc, etc, etc. Her name is Bernkastel. Frederica Bernkastel. I guess she could be considered to have been born from the baggage of Rika's incessant torture? Why she appears as an adult there isn't something I know the answer to, since she's generally portrayed as being fairly young.

Disclaimer: I don't often spend too much time trying to delve into the inner workings of Ryukishi07's writing.

[ATTACH=full]30988[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]30989[/ATTACH]

Probably, though, it was for the sole sake and purpose of confusing people.

3: I think it's more likely that when Rika jumps back in time or whatnot, the 'old' Rika is poof'd out of existence. Don't really know how this particular bit is supposed to work.

4: Again, I'm not overly clear on this one, but I just presumed that there was a certain element of randomness involved in the whole thing, and that that a certain degree of proximity to and from watanagashi was the average - allowing for variation in both directions. I may be wrong here, though.

5: The When they Cry wiki actually has a section called Flaws in Dr Takano's Report in their page for Hinamizawa Syndrome, which addresses the bit about brief visitors and tourists. I imagine that people who don't stick around for extended periods (like Akasaka) don't have too much to worry about, tbh. As for Tomitake, he benefited from the clinic's research into cures and inoculations.

Again, dunno how accurate it all is. All I know is that Bernkastel is a bitch.

even if tahts not 100% accurate that sets me at ease and explains thiungs quite well. Thx. :D

• Geano locked this topic