Strafe has been delayed until May 9th

RepentantSky

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/roguelike-fps-strafe-delayed-may-9

No reason has been given for the delay as of yet, and thankfully it's only about 5 weeks, but it still kinda sucks. I know zoop was kind of looking forward to this game, was anyone else?

For anyone who doesn't know, Strafe is an old school Doom style game with Rogue like elements.

• Like 1

No reason has been given for the delay as of yet, and thankfully it's only about 5 weeks, but it still kinda sucks. I know zoop was kind of looking forward to this game, was anyone else?

For anyone who doesn't know, Strafe is an old school Doom style game with Rogue like elements.

Argh. That's a bit of a bummer, but in general I favor a few delays over an imperfect release. Pushing things out in a rush rarely tends to work well for anyone.

Argh. That's a bit of a bummer, but in general I favor a few delays over an imperfect release. Pushing things out in a rush rarely tends to work well for anyone.

I agree but I do wish when a game is delayed that a reason is given at the time, and delay isn't so sudden when release is close. That often leads to more delays and several concerns. Hopefully, it won't get delayed again, but if it does I wouldn't be all that shocked.

I agree but I do wish when a game is delayed that a reason is given at the time, and delay isn't so sudden when release is close. That often leads to more delays and several concerns. Hopefully, it won't get delayed again, but if it does I wouldn't be all that shocked.

That's reasonable enough, though I think with smaller studios (iirc Strafe is being worked on by a team of ten) it's understandable that such things may not be communicated, if only because everyone is busy working away and are focused intently on the tasks at hand. For larger studios that have dedicated PR staff, community managers, etc, on the other hand... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

That's reasonable enough, though I think with smaller studios (iirc Strafe is being worked on by a team of ten) it's understandable that such things may not be communicated, if only because everyone is busy working away and are focused intently on the tasks at hand. For larger studios that have dedicated PR staff, community managers, etc, on the other hand... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You do make a good point, but I'm not asking for a long explanation about the delay, so much as a simple tweet saying something like "hey there's a bug we need to fix, gonna take a few weeks, sorry everyone" or you know, something along those lines. Something simple like that could be used to spread the word to anyone who wants to know why. These days, an entire article can be based off of a short tweet, so it's unreasonable to expect at least that much.

• Like 1

You do make a good point, but I'm not asking for a long explanation about the delay, so much as a simple tweet saying something like "hey there's a bug we need to fix, gonna take a few weeks, sorry everyone" or you know, something along those lines.

Well, to be a bit more specific, I think it's sometimes the case that it isn't even something that they think about. It's surprisingly easy to drop the ball in terms of communication when you're working on something that people are eagerly anticipating, and to not even notice it if you're in the midst of a focused crunch period... moreso if it's a relatively inexperienced team, or at least a team working on their first project.

With my silly and entirely unnecessary nitpicking (sorry!) out of the way, I agree that it is nice to get those sorts of explanations. I'd apologize for going off topic, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we may be the only two on the board interested in this particular game, so it probably doesn't much matter. :D