The strangest things that you have personally seen?

Cy~

This is in a similar vein to the "embarrasing moments" topic, but it's in a slightly different vein. Basically, name off the strangest thing(s) that you have personally seen. I'll get things started.

Santa Claus?!

It was a cold and silent day, on Christmas Eve 2015, and Santa Claus entered the apartment... Wait, no, actually it wasn't Santa at all. Instead, it was a random homeless guy that had wandered into our secured access apartment building, up the secured access elevator, and into our apartment on the one day that we forgot to lock the door. And what did he do? Well, he went to take a shower.

So, there we are - @zoop and I, and there's a massive crash, followed by the sound of running water and some guy humming. After a moment of intense confusion, we dialed 911. To make a long story short, nothing bad happened, and the police were really, really surprised when they arrived. The moral of the story is - drunk homeless guys can ruin your bathroom in more ways than you can possibly imagine. (We cleaned for hours.)

(As a random side note, we were idiots and basically too stunned/tired/confused to do the most basic thing - gtfo of the apartment, so I'm happy the guy took a loooooooonnng shower. (We did have a hunting knife, taser, and mace handy, poor guy would have died for that shower, hehehe...))

Bonus: Yes, please. I'll take a sandwich to go.

This happened back when I was in college. I was driving down the freeway, thinking to myself about how nice it would be to have a sandwich (I was a really fucking poor college student, ok - ramen was the rule, and not the good stuff). Right about then, a subway sandwich smashed into my windshield with enough force that I thought I was going to get killed by it.

Instead, it just sat there on the windshield. I was caught up in the serendipity of the moment, so I actually started to roll down my window and grab the sandwich. Of course, that was when it slid off the windshield and into the grille of the truck that was tailgating me...

7fb57f22bfaca7d172713208c1315edd.gif.53663855c066e4884957962ce0bf1b25.gif

• Winner 3

hunting knife

knifey.gif.5b0771d9c6d1e39cbd0bb7b0f2f4bc78.gif

Here's my addition. It's almost more sad than it is strange, but I'd say it fits. Not long before Cy~ and I moved a couple months ago, I was out taking a walk and enjoying one of our rare sunny days... when... suddenly... from under the trailer of a semi truck that was smack dab in the middle of making a right turn in front of me as I was waiting for a walk signal... an old woman suddenly appeared, running as quickly as it appeared she could, while her clothing somehow all came off, bit by bit as she ran. Don't ask me how. I don't know. I don't want to know.

So here's this old woman running through the street, naked. I'm confused, as you could imagine. Then, suddenly, a police car comes after her from around the corner she'd ran and started chasing her. At that point my walk signal was active and I continued my walk.

I don't miss living in that area.

• Winner 3

I was browsing pictures online and I saw this picture of a homeless man holding a sign that said "Smile if you masturbate"

I vaguely thought the sidewalk looked familiar but didn't think much of it. After all, big cities probably have fairly similar sidewalks, right?

The next day, I was catching the bus down to Vancouver. I was idly watching the streets outside the window. Suddenly I saw that exact same homeless guy holding the "Smile if you masturbate" sign.

I couldn't stop laughing.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

the strangest thing seen , generally in the thing most people say is the strangest thing they've seen

(did I say that out loud)

some time back when I worked on a farm we were in a paddock (cant remember if was putting the crop in or taking it off time) but we saw drifting thru the air like a large low cloud of floating fine strings and as we looked closely at this site it was , they were all bits of spider silk string floating drifting each with the spider that cast each piece attached to the bottom , migrating

every one heard about our crocodiles here in australia well we also have racehorse goannas (say iguanas) they can be dangerous if you spook them and you the only thing around as they have claws and when spooked the climb high for safety (trees but can be you) but that's about as serious they get , ive seen a rolled car with tourist still strapped in their seats too afraid to get out due to the crocodile (iguana) they just swerved around

another job I had after leaving the farms and before my current I use to do medical equipment deliveries , you know ultra sounds mammogram mri and cat scan units , well this particular day was delivering a ct scan unit and they have a far bit of weight and come in many pieces , we deliver get it in to is final place then the tecs come in wire it make final fitments and such we come back remove all waste extra what ever , 3 days to a week , unlike your general practice mammogram unit wheel it in plug it in and its ready to scan well the female part of the body it scans :P , this particular day delivering this ct unit to this practice and in the corner of the room on a hospital gurnee under general anestetics is the ct's first to be customer , had to let the staff know the install procedure

• Like 1

Strangest thing I saw probably was when I was out with my dogs in the Forrest near my house, there was 8 dolls hung in the tress and blood on a rock and a dead cat as well, I turned as fast as I could and never went back there for months

• Winner 3

I saw a car driving by itself once, like seriously nobody was in it. It drove right past me while I was walking and it was a red car, like a Toyota or something, I look at it and nobody was in it. It drove by really fast, was creepy.

I saw a car drive by my driveway once, and there was nothing on the road but then once the car went past there was a dog there, it appeared there in like .01 seconds. I don't know how it got there or if maybe the driver threw it out of the car? But the other weird thing about it was that the dog could actually keep up with the car for the whole time I could see him. He ran faster than any dog I have ever seen, shouldn't have been possible because that car was going fast but the dog was actually keeping up with it and was only a few feet away.

I saw a guy sneeze on food he was selling and then another guy who saw him do it buy food from him right after... I'd say that was pretty strange. :/

• Winner 1
  • Funny 1

Another strange thing I've seen and experienced falls more into the supernatural horror category.

I was staying at my biological father's house for a few days. The place he was living in at the time was tiny. It used to be a garage that was renovated into an apartment. The living room and kitchen were one room, there was a bathroom, and one tiny bedroom. I slept on the couch while I was visiting.

One night I was sleeping soundly on my back (something I don't usually do). All of a sudden, in the middle of the night, I felt like something was pushing down on my chest and I couldn't breathe. When I opened my eyes I could see a vague silhouette of a person with glowy eyes leaning over me and pushing down on my chest (at the time I thought the eyes were hollow and the white I was seeing was the ceiling through their head. I later realised I couldn't actually see the White of the ceiling because the lights were off and I didn't have my glasses on). I was finally able to shout out, which caused the image to vanish and for my dad to wake up and throw on the lights (I slapped a cactus while trying to get the living room lamp, not my first encounter with said cactus). I'm panicking and practically yelling, "someone was here some was here!" So my dad immediately searches the place, even checking outside). The place was locked up tight and the motion sensor light outside had never came on until my dad went out there. Finally I was able to calm down enough to tell my dad what had happened. I was about to pass it off as a nightmare until my dad said he had had the same thing happen on more than one occasion, and so did someone else that had spent the night once before. Before heading back to bed he said, "just uh...don't sleep on your back. It's not safe. Stay on your side....you'll be fine. I don't know why, but it can't get you if you're on your side..." Needless to say, he noped the f**k out of there before that month was up.

So yeah, I'd say that's fairly....strange.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I once saw a very large pig hung up by it's feet with it's guts just left lying there, behind one of the buildings in my old schools town ... I usually found some sort of dead animal while wandering around that place after school.

• Like 1

Another strange thing I've seen and experienced falls more into the supernatural horror category.

Mmmmmm, for whatever it's worth, I actually share this type of experience.

It started one night, a few months ago. I had been suffering from an extreme amount of stress due to family and work colliding in bad ways. Every night, it just seemed like my sleep became more and more disturbed. I did a lot of tossing and turning.

Finally, one night, I fell asleep holding @zoop (this will be relevant). I slept without any dreams for a while, and then, I woke up. I heard the sound of a door slowly creaking open. Following this, I heard the sliding door whooshing softly. I could see the light from the stove and the computers streaming into the room. Normally, I would assume that it was @zoop, but she was actually still right there.

Right at that moment, I felt the most extreme sensation of panic that I had ever felt in my entire life. My normal response to panic is wild, flailing action, so I tried to jump up and take the intruder by surprise. Unfortunately, in that moment, I felt like something was pressing me down. I couldn't move at all. I tried to shake Zoop awake, but I couldn't even do that at all.

This weird looking shadowy figure sort of loomed into my peripheral vision. It was vaguely male, massive. It just sat there, watching me as I panicked more and more and more. It felt like hours went by before I either blanked out or just zoned out into a dumb stupor. Either way, I went into unconsciousness. When I came to, I immediately jumped up screaming like I was deranged.

Zoop was all like, "What?! WHAT?!?!?! WHAT HAPPENED??!?!?!?!" I went looking for evidence, but there was no sign of anyone being there at all. In the midst of all of my panic and raging, Zoop just calmly starts talking about these things called "night terrors" and how they're apparently a thing. After a while, I calmed down, hit Google, and had the sinking realization that this would probably remain a thing that happens.

Sure enough, ever since then, I tend to have a similar thing happen at least once a month, sometimes every night during a week. At this point, I'm so used to it, though, that if there ever was a real home invasion, I'd probably just tell them to go get me a cup of juice from the fridge and keep the noise down. :?

• Like 2

Mmmmmm, for whatever it's worth, I actually share this type of experience.

It started one night, a few months ago. I had been suffering from an extreme amount of stress due to family and work colliding in bad ways. Every night, it just seemed like my sleep became more and more disturbed. I did a lot of tossing and turning.

Finally, one night, I fell asleep holding @zoop (this will be relevant). I slept without any dreams for a while, and then, I woke up. I heard the sound of a door slowly creaking open. Following this, I heard the sliding door whooshing softly. I could see the light from the stove and the computers streaming into the room. Normally, I would assume that it was @zoop, but she was actually still right there.

Right at that moment, I felt the most extreme sensation of panic that I had ever felt in my entire life. My normal response to panic is wild, flailing action, so I tried to jump up and take the intruder by surprise. Unfortunately, in that moment, I felt like something was pressing me down. I couldn't move at all. I tried to shake Zoop awake, but I couldn't even do that at all.

This weird looking shadowy figure sort of loomed into my peripheral vision. It was vaguely male, massive. It just sat there, watching me as I panicked more and more and more. It felt like hours went by before I either blanked out or just zoned out into a dumb stupor. Either way, I went into unconsciousness. When I came to, I immediately jumped up screaming like I was deranged.

Zoop was all like, "What?! WHAT?!?!?! WHAT HAPPENED??!?!?!?!" I went looking for evidence, but there was no sign of anyone being there at all. In the midst of all of my panic and raging, Zoop just calmly starts talking about these things called "night terrors" and how they're apparently a thing. After a while, I calmed down, hit Google, and had the sinking realization that this would probably remain a thing that happens.

Sure enough, ever since then, I tend to have a similar thing happen at least once a month, sometimes every night during a week. At this point, I'm so used to it, though, that if there ever was a real home invasion, I'd probably just tell them to go get me a cup of juice from the fridge and keep the noise down. :?

I quite regularly have extremely vivid nightmares about the room I'm sleeping in. Many times I've dreamt of the room being swarmed by spiders or centipedes. Quite often my lamp gets a mouth and really big teeth and tries to chomp me dead but the cord is never long enough for it to reach so it just gets even more angry and rabid. Very often those shadow figures come to torment me. My walls bleed. Once I moved back into a newly renovated bedroom and the first night I slept in there the pot lights were snaking down from the ceiling like serpents, with electricity sparking out of them because they wanted to wrap around my neck and electrocute me.

I've gotten them most of my life, it always involves the room I'm sleeping in as the setting (I think my eyes might actually be open during it, hence why the room feels real). I can't move during the dreams. They've gotten more frequent as I've gotten older. They have not become any less terrifying for me, even though they happen somewhat regularly.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I once saw a red asshole dressed as a person run for president, amazingly it won, liked to call itself Trump, I can only assume that had something to do with the numerous dumps it would take on the populace later that year. Trump the dump, or as it was known before, drumpf.

• Dislike 2

• 2 weeks later...

8 or so years ago, I slept on a couch in the living room that had a window I often left open, that faced towards the street, because there weren't enough rooms in my house for everyone living there. One night when I was about to fall asleep, I noticed a light in the sky that looked to be about as far off as I could see without looking at the stars. I didn't see it come into view, but it stayed in place for several minutes while I watched it, almost too afraid to move because I was getting an odd and unsettling feeling from it. For most of the time, it kind of felt like it had the ability to look around, but it wasn't looking at me, until it did, and stopped moving entirely. After about three or fours seconds, it zoomed off, faster than anything I'd ever seen move. My eyes couldn't follow it at all. I haven't seen it since.

When I was a kid, I once got up to go to the bathroom, as little boys do, and was kind of groggy on the way back, so I was lightly rubbing my eyes as I walked back across the hallway from the bathroom to my room. Suddenly, I stopped and felt a presence floating above me, and when I looked up, I saw a little girl in the air above me, looking down at me with an intense glare. She had an older set of clothes on, probably from 1800's North America, and she simply looked at me without saying anything. I honestly don't remember what her facial expression was. I felt as though I couldn't just walk past her though, and so instinctively thought to try and send her away by praying to God to make her leave, and it worked. I found out later that I have the ability to see Angels and Demons, and that the girl who came before me that night was without a doubt one of them. While I've yet to see an Angel, it has been my belief since that there is no such things as ghosts, but that demons are instead trying to scare humans based on what we think we should see in haunted houses, graveyards and the like, in an attempt to get us to a point where the devil can tempt us to his side.

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

My first time visiting Tokyo, I went to a club in Shibuya (first time and I was invited). I was there the entire night because I missed the last train back to my hotel. Anyway, when leaving and heading to the station, we came across this drunk guy passed out on the ground. Another guy was standing over him holding a sign which said that you could get this guy's photo (without his consent, I'm sure) for 100 yen. That was definitely one of the strangest things I'd ever seen.

• Like 1

I was there the entire night because I missed the last train back to my hotel.

Oh jeez. Were you able to stay entertained at least?

Another guy was standing over him holding a sign which said that you could get this guy's photo (without his consent, I'm sure) for 100 yen. That was definitely one of the strangest things I'd ever seen.

What in the hell. @_@

Oh jeez. Were you able to stay entertained at least?
Well, it was okay. A couple of Japanese guys were hitting on my friend and me. Said they were "bankers" but they were obviously too young for that. Looked to be in their early 20s or university students.

I'm also pretty sure there were a couple of Yakuza guys there based on how they were being treated by the staff of this particular club. There was a section for women only. They were allowed there and they were also offered good alcohol that I'm sure wasn't on the menu. Like chilled stuff.

Only downside was that this club only had drinks, no food and I hadn't had much to eat the entire day.

What in the hell. @_@
lol THat was my reaction.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so this is going to be fun, so strap in kids.

A majority of mine have been paranormal, but I'll start off with the non-paranormal one first:

I was sitting at a stoplight and all of a sudden this car runs a red and t-bones another vehicle turning on their green and it happened about 30 feet away from me. And after they hit, their cars skidded towards me and were only about 5 feet from my bumper. It really is true when they say it happens in a flash. I felt like I blinked and BAM car wreck. Luckily, no one was killed.

Now as for the paranormal stuff, I'll start with the time I was in a haunted apartment.

So, I was living with the boyfriend I had at the time, which is not my husband now, but I digress, that's not what's important. We were laying in bed and all of a sudden our whiteboard just falls off the wall. I chalk it up to it not being put up right, so I got up, hung it back up, was super careful with it, and made sure it was secure. I got back in bed and after a few minutes it fell again. After sticking it back up there a second time, seeing no way it could have fallen I was showing frustration. After getting back into bed a second time we heard a loud THUD in our closet. Like someone was standing inside it and just took two fists and slammed them into the wooden door. I stared a the door for a moment, thinking something might have just fallen off the top shelf. I open the door, nothing is on the floor that fell and everything was undisturbed. Strange, but perhaps the house settling. Though I was decently sure at this time that something was messing with us, but I wasn't afraid, and merely ignored it.

THIRD time I got back into bed, a few minutes passed, and we were both awake talking about what happened when suddenly my cup that was atop our dresser fell off and slammed into the floor. Now this wasn't an 'oh it it fell off it was too near the edge or whatever' we saw it lift UP, then FLY to the floor. At this point, I'm pissed, and get up, tell whatever is messing with us to basically 'f*ck right the h*ll off" and I put the cup RIGHT BACK where it was and got back into bed a FOURTH time. It seemed to catch the hint because it didn't throw anything again. I ended up doing a smudging and cleansing the apartment just to be safe, but nothing else really happened after that.

You'd get weird creepy feelings but that was about it. Nothing else really messed with us, except the few times the doors kept opening when we would close them before we left in the morning. Just harmless, slightly annoying.

The second one I have is the time I encountered a shadow person. Now I don't know if you are familiar with them but to save time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_person if you're curious.

Now for those more informed, I will continue:

Me and a friend decided to go hang out at the State Park at night, because I'd done it before and adored it. It was quiet, peaceful and just refreshing. There were no hours at the park really, and some people even deep back in the woods had homes there. But you still felt pretty isolated. Anyway, only about a 1/4 of a mile away from the entrance into the park there was an open field with a playground next to it nestled under some trees near a parking area, a few hundred yards away from.

Anyway, we went there and sat on the swings, chit-chatting and just enjoying the quiet, and the summer bugs, when things suddenly got kind of quiet, and we feel we are being watched. I look over and probably about 100 ft or so away we see a figure moving about underneath the trees towards us. It is a human-esque shape, appearing to be male-ish, around 6 ft,6 ft 2, and walking so smooth, it's almost as if he's gliding. Now we can't see any details, just this silhouette. My friend is spooked, but I tell them not to worry, I have a knife on me, and they'd be stupid to come close. (Yes, I have some combat experience). So we keep talking, and the figure keeps getting closer. Well at about a few yards, they get close enough to come near the small street lamp that's near a little 'cabin'. Just an overhang where people would sit to host birthday parties, or little family cookouts, next to a provided metal grill. We all know them.

But when he got near this light, the shadow didn't fade. He was still just a dark shape, the light did not touch him in the slightest, and then he stopped and stood there, staring at us. Hovering. From the shape of the shadow you could tell the 'head' was turned right towards us.

My friend can't take it anymore and insist we leave. I agree and we leave the swings. Remember, by this point, I could have thrown a rock and hit the thing, it was that close. We got up and took a wide berth around it, with me on the outside, my friend next to me. I shielded her from the creature, and had her by the arm, whispering, "it's alright, it's fine, don't look, I've got you. Ignore it and keep talking to me." We took a small dirt path around the playground, and as I cut my eyes to the side, pretending to be looking for my car, I spotted the thing's 'head' moving and watching us as we walked. It stared us down the entire time. But I kept my cool and I escorted my friend back to my car, we got in and left. She was severely shaken by the whole thing, and I'll never forget it to this day.

Edited by Guest

Okay so this is going to be fun, so strap in kids.

A majority of mine have been paranormal, but I'll start off with the non-paranormal one first:

I was sitting at a stoplight and all of a sudden this car runs a red and t-bones another vehicle turning on their green and it happened about 30 feet away from me. And after they hit, their cars skidded towards me and were only about 5 feet from my bumper. It really is true when they say it happens in a flash. I felt like I blinked and BAM car wreck. Luckily, no one was killed.

Now as for the paranormal stuff, I'll start with the time I was in a haunted apartment.

So, I was living with the boyfriend I had at the time, which is not my husband now, but I digress, that's not what's important. We were laying in bed and all of a sudden our whiteboard just falls off the wall. I chalk it up to it not being put up right, so I got up, hung it back up, was super careful with it, and made sure it was secure. I got back in bed and after a few minutes it fell again. After sticking it back up there a second time, seeing no way it could have fallen I was showing frustration. After getting back into bed a second time we heard a loud THUD in our closet. Like someone was standing inside it and just took two fists and slammed them into the wooden door. I stared a the door for a moment, thinking something might have just fallen off the top shelf. I open the door, nothing is on the floor that fell and everything was undisturbed. Strange, but perhaps the house settling. Though I was decently sure at this time that something was messing with us, but I wasn't afraid, and merely ignored it.

THIRD time I got back into bed, a few minutes passed, and we were both awake talking about what happened when suddenly my cup that was atop our dresser fell off and slammed into the floor. Now this wasn't an 'oh it it fell off it was too near the edge or whatever' we saw it lift UP, then FLY to the floor. At this point, I'm pissed, and get up, tell whatever is messing with us to basically 'f*ck right the h*ll off" and I put the cup RIGHT BACK where it was and got back into bed a FOURTH time. It seemed to catch the hint because it didn't throw anything again. I ended up doing a smudging and cleansing the apartment just to be safe, but nothing else really happened after that.

You'd get weird creepy feelings but that was about it. Nothing else really messed with us, except the few times the doors kept opening when we would close them before we left in the morning. Just harmless, slightly annoying.

The second one I have is the time I encountered a shadow person. Now I don't know if you are familiar with them but to save time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_person if you're curious.

Now for those more informed, I will continue:

Me and a friend decided to go hang out at the State Park at night, because I'd done it before and adored it. It was quiet, peaceful and just refreshing. There were no hours at the park really, and some people even deep back in the woods had homes there. But you still felt pretty isolated. Anyway, only about a 1/4 of a mile away from the entrance into the park there was an open field with a playground next to it nestled under some trees near a parking area, a few hundred yards away from.

Anyway, we went there and sat on the swings, chit-chatting and just enjoying the quiet, and the summer bugs, when things suddenly got kind of quiet, and we feel we are being watched. I look over and probably about 100 ft or so away we see a figure moving about underneath the trees towards us. It is a human-esque shape, appearing to be male-ish, around 6 ft,6 ft 2, and walking so smooth, it's almost as if he's gliding. Now we can't see any details, just this silhouette. My friend is spooked, but I tell them not to worry, I have a knife on me, and they'd be stupid to come close. (Yes, I have some combat experience). So we keep talking, and the figure keeps getting closer. Well at about a few yards, they get close enough to come near the small street lamp that's near a little 'cabin'. Just an overhang where people would sit to host birthday parties, or little family cookouts, next to a provided metal grill. We all know them.

But when he got near this light, the shadow didn't fade. He was still just a dark shape, the light did not touch him in the slightest, and then he stopped and stood there, staring at us. Hovering. From the shape of the shadow you could tell the 'head' was turned right towards us.

My friend can't take it anymore and insist we leave. I agree and we leave the swings. Remember, by this point, I could have thrown a rock and hit the thing, it was that close. We got up and took a wide berth around it, with me on the outside, my friend next to me. I shielded her from the creature, and had her by the arm, whispering, "it's alright, it's fine, don't look, I've got you. Ignore it and keep talking to me." We took a small dirt path around the playground, and as I cut my eyes to the side, pretending to be looking for my car, I spotted the thing's 'head' moving and watching us as we walked. It stared us down the entire time. But I kept my cool and I escorted my friend back to my car, we got in and left. She was severely shaken by the whole thing, and I'll never forget it to this day.

Wow! Can't top this. lol