Upcoming change - Anime discussion threads

Optic

Hello everyone,

Anime Forums has always aimed to be an friendly place to discuss anime. After all, anime is a huge piece of what our community is about!

But the feedback I've been getting is that sometimes it is difficult to participate in the anime discussion threads for a number of reasons:

• Fear of coming across spoilers mid-thread - current episode markers are not consistently used.
  • Using spoiler tags is frustrating as it becomes a chore and makes quoting difficult.
  • No clear place to create specific, non-episode related anime threads for a particular title. e.g. favourite character threads. Even if they are created, they are difficult to find later as new threads are created in the General Anime section.

also...

[FLOAT_RIGHT]:ram:[/FLOAT_RIGHT]...older shows are getting left behind

We currently have ONE thread per anime title. All episode discussion goes into its dedicated thread, and we're using markers to separate episodes as each episode airs. Whilst this consolidates all episode discussion in the one thread nicely, it does present a challenge for titles that have already aired.

After all, a majority of members do not watch anime titles the moment they air in Japan. Some wait a little later. Others wait until it has been localised in English and buy it on BD/DVD. And of course, I am sure everyone are discovering new anime titles to watch based on recommendations.

Unfortunately the thread markers just can't accommodate anime threads that have already aired, because those markers were inserted based on the airing date - and of course everyone won't be on the same page/episode to discuss within the thread.

Upcoming changes

To accommodate these concerns, I am investigating a way to have separate sub-forums for each anime title. Each subforum (anime title) will allow episode specific discussions, and anime title specific discussions. This is a big change, especially for the forum database. But I do feel it's the right way moving forward.

Do I need to do anything?

No, for the current airing titles just continue using these threads as normal. When the new system is complete, all episode discussion will be moved into new dedicated episode threads.

Thanks for your support. If you have any comments or feedback regarding this please let me know below. :)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2