User-Blog?

Orius

Question

So, is it possible to create a section where members could create their own blogs? I think it would be nice to have your own homey space where you could write about anything you would like to share with the forum without creating unnecessary spam, or unnecessarily reviving dead threads just to contribute a one-liner input. While the ability to update your status is nice, the character limit leaves much yearning.

Also, I think it allows members to write about certain interests that are more niche in nature without dumping yet another thread in the "Chit Chat" section (which feels more like the "Miscellaneous" section to be honest), only for it to die off in a number of days because of a lack of interest. Not only will this encourage members to be more open about their secluded interests that are not necessarily anime-related, it also allows others to refer back to the member's blog to see what kind of interests he has, or even just what kind of thoughts he has to share with others that aren't necessarily subject of forum discussions.

All in all, it's just nice to have a personal journal in the forum to make that AF experience much more personal, making ourselves at home.

• Agree 1
  • Useful 1
  • Winner 2

6 answers to this question

I've always been a fan of blogging systems on forums. I don't always have a great deal to say myself, but I've always enjoyed the way it opens up new avenues by which we can interact with, and learn about each other. I'd personally rather love such an addition.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe there are some user blog add-ons available for Xenforo, though I confess to not knowing any details about them.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2
  • Winner 1

In a way, this seems like a good idea, especially because there are too many people doing videos that are not meant to be videos, but I do not think I will be using such a feature, because I have my own domain and my own blog already (I just wish I had enough patrons on Patreon and got commission from my Amazon affiliate link so that I can get more stuff).

Still, that does not mean the feature will not be used, since people cannot always afford what I can.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'm actually a prolific blabbermouth writer, and I would very happily make use of any blogging feature provided for nefarious purposes interesting things.

As an ex-webmaster, I would also like to note that blogs are highly prioritized by Google and other search engines. Thus, they can be a great way to drive additional, related traffic to a site. (Caveat: This only works if the blogs have decent content, and if you are using a blog system with intelligent, hierarchical URLs.)

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

I'm actually a prolific blabbermouth writer, and I would very happily make use of any blogging feature provided for nefarious purposes interesting things.

As an ex-webmaster, I would also like to note that blogs are highly prioritized by Google and other search engines. Thus, they can be a great way to drive additional, related traffic to a site. (Caveat: This only works if the blogs have decent content, and if you are using a blog system with intelligent, hierarchical URLs.)

SEO stuff changes pretty frequently though too.

Right now, Google penalizes you for not having a responsive or adaptive layout, since they want the web mobile friendly.

Also, some blog platforms do not translate things to well, so HTML entity codes are the only easy and reliable way to put in special characters, like those with acute or grave accent markers.

Ehhhhhh @_@@_@@_@ For the past few days I've been wondering and searching every inch of button to click here in AF that could lead me in posting a blog entry or something. Dayum.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 4