Volume Dicussion section

Mars Terra

Question

Hey, so I was thinking of starting a discussion about a light novel volume, but then I realized...none of the current sections seem appropiate for that.

So I was wondering, should there be a section for discussing manga and light novel volumes individually? I think this would be a great way to encourage people to talk about those type of series, as those series can be quite long as opposed to the anime they're adapted into, which tend to be just 12-episodes and usually don't cover the whole series. And manga and light novels come out at a slower pace then anime episodes, so they stay relative for longer times.

What do you think?

6 answers to this question

Hey, so I was thinking of starting a discussion about a light novel volume, but then I realized...none of the current sections seem appropiate for that.

So I was wondering, should there be a section for discussing manga and light novel volumes individually? I think this would be a great way to encourage people to talk about those type of series, as those series can be quite long as opposed to the anime they're adapted into, which tend to be just 12-episodes and usually don't cover the whole series. And manga and light novels come out at a slower pace then anime episodes, so they stay relative for longer times.

What do you think?

Would definitely be nice, especially because there are some series that only exist as manga or light novels, and I would have more to discuss with others, especially since I have a small, but decent, following for my Detective Conan stuff.

Maybe a sub forum would work for this, since we have one for all the "Ask me" threads.

I think the best thing to do for this would just be to create a thread for a particular volume of a particular novel in the manga / light novels board. If enough people displayed enough interest in volume-centric discussions to justify the creation of a new board, I think Optic would probably be open to it - just like how the explosion of Ask topics (and the explosion of responses to them - over four hundred posts in less than one month).

Personally, I'd be a bit surprised if there's sufficient demand for the creation of a whole new board for this - after all, look at how inactive the episode discussion board is.

• Agree 1

That would work, too. I don't mind. But before I post anything, I was wondering if you'd consider changing the Episode Discussion so as to include what I'm talking about?

I'm afraid that'd be something that @Optic would have to do, though I think he may prefer to keep the episode area strictly for anime ... I could very easily be mistaken, however.

Hi @Mars Terra thanks for your suggestion.

The Manga/Light Novel section isn't overly active as we're predominately an anime forum, and it would be quite empty if we had a dedicated subforum for this.

For now please feel free to just make them in the Manga/Light Novel area so we can gauge activity.

Of course if it gets very active definitely happy to expand it.

• Like 1