VR (Virtual Reality) Devices at Home

Wodahs

not just the Vive but any vr unit

so I thought id ask the question to the forum on what you think of home virtual reality devices for any reason not just exclusive to entertainment but inclusive of it of course

also the possibilities of it becoming wireless

your thoughts on uses it could have for it in the home and pros and cons , to even wether it should even be there and you just think its all gimmick and not needed/wanted

The "VR" that we currently have to use is terrible imho. I want something like straight outta SAO, connected to your brain and your body shuts down and you really are in the game. The VR stuff atm is just a phone holder that fits right in front of your face and stuff like that, not VR at all.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind a PlayStation VR to go with my PlayStation 4... but unless these devices becomes more mainstream, it will remain gimmicky and a niche...

hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-playstation-vr.thumb.jpg.0c5a5b5854368aef1debdfc4a728e780.jpg

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X had a patch that lets you use the PlayStation VR for certain songs, to simulate a live Vocaloid concert. From what I saw though you're fixed in the one spot, though you can look around. It caught my interest because the PlayStation solution is pretty much plug and play, would be great to put in the home theatre... Then I kind of lost interest when I saw the price tag, $550 AUD pre-order at EB Games. @_@

playstation-vr.jpg.4130450019525f1b29dae93aaa60e4db.jpg

As for uses outside entertainment? Well I'd rather they perfect hologram technology first. ;)

• Like 2

Well I have a vive and I can say its absolutely amazing and well worth the money besides that though I would love to see proper holograms like Optic said previously.

• Like 1

I have no idea what the hell is Vive. lol

Anyhow, the NerveGear is definitely the perfect example of a true VR device. I would love to play my favorite RPGs with a VR that good.

Also, I would definitely love to watch some loli----- ANIME, I meant anime, in VR.

Don't call the cops on me. pls.

I have no idea what the hell is Vive. lol

Anyhow, the NerveGear is definitely the perfect example of a true VR device. I would love to play my favorite RPGs with a VR that good.

Also, I would definitely love to watch some loli----- ANIME, I meant anime, in VR.

Don't call the cops on me. pls.

The Vive is like playstation VR but better and for PC

it's rivals with the Oculus Rift and once again I would say the vive is better (besides the controllers)

Here is an image of the vive and it's equipment

htc-vive-pre-system.thumb.jpg.e3e47db1f97f5cee1105e464670b76b2.jpg

Designed by Valve (owners and makers of steam) produced by HTC (knowing for phones)

and the price is 800 to 1000 euro depending on the retailer.

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

I intend to grab a Vive at some point in the next couple years - I figure giving it a bit of time for the technology to mature, and for more software to support it can't hurt at all. Lower price points would be spiffy, but I wouldn't mind if they kept the Vive's price at around its current point to allow for improved hardware.

Current and emerging VR technology may not be perfect, but I definitely am of the opinion that it can provide some wonderful and unique experiences --- writing it off wholesale just seems a bit silly, especially this early in the game. I'm hoping that things keep moving forward, and that they don't lose steam.

I'd also hope and pray for a Silent Hill VR experience, but knowing Konami, if such a thing were ever created it would just end up being a virtual reality pachinko parlor.

I probably should have added this demo to the firs post I made (second was on smart phone at work) but this may give some the idea of where its all at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpmlQLlAw-U

at this time and I feel that from here (well I wouldn't be surprised) that both hardware and software will improve but id like to feel that uses and applications would as well instead of waiting to have this fully finished before they go , ok now lets produce a use for this