We're asking you!

Frost

Question

Hello everyone!

We are currently seeing some positive changes in the community, an example being the gorgeous 12 new layouts that @Optic so graciously made - But I wanted to get some perspective from other members around the forums on what other changes you all would like to see!

It is no lie that we have currently had some loss in the forums - Between the holidays and losing a handful of our regularly active members, there has been a slight decline. But I am hopeful that things will be turning around shortly! I just want to take a minute to personally thank the new members who have joined and have been actively posting, but also to the handful of you all that log on every day to keep things running! You are an important part of this community and that is why I am creating this post!

Getting everyone's perspective is important since it is every one of you who make this forum what it is today -

So, all that being said, what changes would you like to see? Please, do not be shy, as it is important to know how you all truly feel about how things currently are!

You can discuss anything and your concerns or issues will be addressed-

One issue that I have personally been discussing with Optic is a reward system for being active - This means discussion oriented posts - Non spam or chat related topics. A reward system can be many things, a few examples being points or status. I personally feel like personal reward for making positive contribution to the forums means that people have a personal goal to work towards, other than just your post count. I am curious as to how people feel about that. It is currently unclear as to what these positive rewards would be, but your opinion would be noted!

My own personal goal for AF would be to see it grow and become much more discussion oriented than it already is! But I also would like there to be many positive changes for everyone - things that would make each and every member much happier to be here at AnimeForums, rather than another community.

So, discuss! What changes would you all like to see? Contests? Games? Let us know!

• Like 2

• Answers 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

(I would honestly love to start up a monthly drawing contest! As well as start up the new writing contests as well! Just like ryuji did, but with allot more entertaining jazz!)

(Also, I think I may need to change my name back :P things aren't working as I planned them too be xD can someone drop me a link to the name changing thread again please :))

Edited by Guest

(I would honestly love to start up a monthly drawing contest! As well as start up the new writing contests as well! Just like ryuji did, but with allot more entertaining jazz!)

(Also, I think I may need to change my name back :P things aren't working as I planned them too be xD can someone drop me a link to the name changing thread again please :))

I have been thinking about contests as well! I have personally considered doing some graphic contests for people who would be interesting in joining and working on techniques and things of that nature. ;) Of course, rewards for winners and for contribution!

Would you personally be willing to work on those kinds of contests? Optic is going to need some help running the show with these types of things as he already has a lot on his plate. I am thinking of creating threads for specific contests and asking around on who would like to help contribute and run the show!

As far as your name change, bad otouto! You know Optic just said don't go crazy with the name changes. :P

:P

I have been thinking about contests as well! I have personally considered doing some graphic contests for people who would be interesting in joining and working on techniques and things of that nature. ;) Of course, rewards for winners and for contribution!

Would you personally be willing to work on those kinds of contests? Optic is going to need some help running the show with these types of things as he already has a lot on his plate. I am thinking of creating threads for specific contests and asking around on who would like to help contribute and run the show!

As far as your name change, bad otouto! You know Optic just said don't go crazy with the name changes. :P

1: any types of contests are amazing.

2: i will be more then happy to make everything as long as i have both somewhere to put them and im given the go sign. I would love to do allot of different contests!

3: Ik, but obviously SOME people dont follow with a thing called rolleplaying T_T

• Useful 1

I like the rewards system idea. Maybe reward those who post in the anime sections to help spark conversation? I know most users come to read posts in the new seasonal anime threads but not enough people post in them. How do we get more people to post their opinions?

I don't know because I am just a potato.

Edited by Guest
  • Useful 1

:P

1: any types of contests are amazing.

2: i will be more then happy to make everything as long as i have both somewhere to put them and im given the go sign. I would love to do allot of different contests!

3: Ik, but obviously SOME people dont follow with a thing called rolleplaying T_T

It is something that we would have to get a little more members helping with and going in on, I feel like. But if you have any constructive ideas as of how to get things running or how to format this, you should shoot Optic a PM! I suppose we could also create a thread somewhere asking people specifically about this idea~ Do you personally know of more members who would be interested in helping you out with a writing contest or a drawing contest?

I like the rewards system idea. Maybe reward those who post in the anime sections to help spark conversation? I know most users come to read posts in the new seasonal anime threads but not enough people post in them. How do we get more people to post their opinions?

I don't know because I am just a potato.

I can agree with this as I myself don't even post in the anime related sections enough... It is something I am personally going to work on. Another reason I got my computer up and running today~

What kind of rewards do you find interesting? Do you have any ideas on that, Mr. Potato-kun?

Well we can do something like the badge system. You make so many posts in the new anime section you get maybe a custom member title or giant avatar rights for a month? Something like that. Maybe you and Davis could make graphics for the user? That is what comes up right off the top of my head.

I will try harder on my own to catch up with seasonal anime and post in there threads. I feel like this newer generation of anime watchers like to stay current with whats out more than watching the older series so much.

Edited by Guest

Well we can do something like the badge system. You make so many posts in the new anime section you get maybe a custom member title or giant avatar rights for a month? Something like that. Maybe you and Davis could make graphics for the user? That is what comes up right off the top of my head.

I will try harder on my own to catch up with seasonal anime and post in there threads. I feel like this newer generation of anime watchers like to stay current with whats out more than watching the older series so much.

Badge system sounds interesting~ I also like the custom member title. A forum I use to be a member of use to have custom member titles and you changed them by using points or currency earned by making posts. You could also change the appearance of your username on the forums. ^_^

@Davis has been working on his photoshop skill, but I would have to ask him personally if he would be interested in things like that. :P

Also, you've been raving about giant avatars for a month or so - The current size of the avatars are standard and just fine in my opinion. xD What is this fascination with larger avatars? That is more of an issue @Optic would have to handle but I think larger avatars would effect the layout to some extent and be troublesome :P

said it before and happy to say it again but here probably isn't the thread

but anyways I believe links to the forum from external places (even anime streaming sites) to help the dormant or newly awakened Otaku find such a forum to help evolve their existance

• Like 1

I would really like to see a new section made for role-playing in particular, I think that'd be really cool.

Also, contests would be an awesome new edition to AF; One idea for a contest I have ties into the roleplaying. Each Roleplayer would post there character's bio/info and someone would judge who has the best character of all. Idk what the reward for winner of that would be, but it'd be fun.

Other than that, idk any more specific changes I would want but I will try to think of some more. :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

It is something that we would have to get a little more members helping with and going in on, I feel like. But if you have any constructive ideas as of how to get things running or how to format this, you should shoot Optic a PM! I suppose we could also create a thread somewhere asking people specifically about this idea~ Do you personally know of more members who would be interested in helping you out with a writing contest or a drawing contest?

I can agree with this as I myself don't even post in the anime related sections enough... It is something I am personally going to work on. Another reason I got my computer up and running today~

What kind of rewards do you find interesting? Do you have any ideas on that, Mr. Potato-kun?

hmmm, well, i have a small idea, but it wont really work too well, since its a very vain idea and you will all hate it xD

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

The larger avatars have nothing to do with bettering the forums. Its just a personal goal of mine that I threw in there for me. :3

I will run this by @Optic or just let him find it here, but I've said it once and will say it again, I don't think it's gonna happen xD

said it before and happy to say it again but here probably isn't the thread

but anyways I believe links to the forum from external places (even anime streaming sites) to help the dormant or newly awakened Otaku find such a forum to help evolve their existance

Interesting input. I think this may be happening already, though I am not sure. We are on google, which is exciting since we're one of the top results when searching for anime related forums! ^_^ I'm not sure how to personally see to this because this is more @Optic 's department. But in order to have our link on external sites, it would require agreement from other sites owners. Hence why this is more Optics deal. xD

I would really like to see a new section made for role-playing in particular, I think that'd be really cool.

Also, contests would be an awesome new edition to AF; One idea for a contest I have ties into the roleplaying. Each Roleplayer would post there character's bio/info and someone would judge who has the best character of all. Idk what the reward for winner of that would be, but it'd be fun.

Other than that, idk any more specific changes I would want but I will try to think of some more. :)

I actually really like the idea of a role play section! I enjoy writing and it sounds like a lot of fun! Would you personally be willing to help run contests related to role play? I am curious~ ^_^

I heard that we use to have a section for this, but for some reason it didn't work out? Regardless, it's worth a shot if multiple members would be interested in the idea! We can possibly create a thread somewhere and ask who would all be interested in a change like this- If you know of any other members personally who would be interested, let Optic know!

hmmm, well, i have a small idea, but it wont really work too well, since its a very vain idea and you will all hate it xD

You may share any ideas you have here ^_^ But I may judge you!

Edited by Guest

I will run this by @Optic or just let him find it here, but I've said it once and will say it again, I don't think it's gonna happen xD

Interesting input. I think this may be happening already, though I am not sure. We are on google, which is exciting since we're one of the top results when searching for anime related forums! ^_^ I'm not sure how to personally see to this because this is more @Optic 's department. But in order to have our link on external sites, it would require agreement from other sites owners. Hence why this is more Optics deal. xD

I actually really like the idea of a role play section! I enjoy writing and it sounds like a lot of fun! Would you personally be willing to help run contests related to role play? I am curious~ ^_^

I heard that we use to have a section for this, but for some reason it didn't work out? Regardless, it's worth a shot if multiple members would be interested in the idea! We can possibly create a thread somewhere and ask who would all be interested in a change like this- If you know of any other members personally who would be interested, let Optic know!

well, my idea is to have Xyro's corner! xD

Its where i do personal games and contests for everyone to come and go and learn as they please ^w^

I think if i did have a corner, i would make a few contests, tutorials on artwork, blah blah blah blah blah.

well, what do you think?

• Like 1

interesting my search engine is google

and due to the death of the previous site I was on I went looking for a new forum with a google search and that's how I ended up here but this site wasn't the first to come up (may have been what I entered to search) and ended up trolling as a guest thru a few till I decided this one would suit

the last one I was with had a link from the anime streaming site I use and stumbled in to it from there rather than searching for a forum (ps at that stage I hadn't even thought of joining a forum of that/this nature but got sucked in to its world)

• Like 1

well, my idea is to have Xyro's corner! xD

Its where i do personal games and contests for everyone to come and go and learn as they please ^w^

I think if i did have a corner, i would make a few contests, tutorials on artwork, blah blah blah blah blah.

well, what do you think?

This is definitely a question to be answered by @Optic, as are all of the ideas and questions since I have to real bearing on direct changes. However, it's not a terrible idea. It would have to be something more for everyone than just you, though. To make a corner JUST for you to make tutorials and things of the like, I'm not so sure. :P However, if we can manage new corners of the forums such as writing contests, role play etc, then you can for sure probably create your own contests! I'd like to see you manage some contests and the like since you are a regular and spend a lot of time here anyway. It would be easy to trust you to manage things like this.

This is definitely a question to be answered by @Optic, as are all of the ideas and questions since I have to real bearing on direct changes. However, it's not a terrible idea. It would have to be something more for everyone than just you, though. To make a corner JUST for you to make tutorials and things of the like, I'm not so sure. :P However, if we can manage new corners of the forums such as writing contests, role play etc, then you can for sure probably create your own contests! I'd like to see you manage some contests and the like since you are a regular and spend a lot of time here anyway. It would be easy to trust you to manage things like this.

ahh, but your missing the point here kirry.....

.....Its my corner :3

I need a place to get ideas out, or they just leak all over AF like untidy information glubglubs. With a corner, i can contain the madness!

also, everyone loves me! (I hope) so why wouldn't you want a place for all my shenanigans? :3

interesting my search engine is google

and due to the death of the previous site I was on I went looking for a new forum with a google search and that's how I ended up here but this site wasn't the first to come up (may have been what I entered to search) and ended up trolling as a guest thru a few till I decided this one would suit

the last one I was with had a link from the anime streaming site I use and stumbled in to it from there rather than searching for a forum (ps at that stage I hadn't even thought of joining a forum of that/this nature but got sucked in to its world)

Interesting. Google is exactly how I found this place~ Regardless, this is interesting and I'm also curious as to Optics response. Will keep you updated!

Well awesome, and yes I would gladly help out with contests related to roleplays, no problem. :D

Absolutely be sure to have contests and a reward system to motivate users to contribute. How active is this forum? Do you have enough people to contribute - and what are they geared towards (writing, art, gfx)? Regardless though, it's a step in the right direction.

• Like 1

Absolutely be sure to have contests and a reward system to motivate users to contribute. How active is this forum? Do you have enough people to contribute - and what are they geared towards (writing, art, gfx)? Regardless though, it's a step in the right direction.

I love your avatar, and I agree with your post, a reward system would be a great way to keep forumers active.