What do you think of The King's Avatar?

Mazino

fbc65a06f0a8bcaa737cea9c2a66f3ee03eb826f_hq.thumb.jpg.9340a8fcb72b75f898b3b96d35b8c986.jpg

I was so sneaky peaky to start off with some episodes and it somewhat reminds me to Log Horizon and you're apparently not captured in the game (as it was the case in Log Horizon), the main protagonist will be shown behind a PC.

So did you already make your experiences with this series? If yes, what was your first impression?

What do you think of this series being a chinese production?

I will probably continue watching this as it's quite enjoyable ;)

For further information: https://myanimelist.net/anime/33926/Quan_Zhi_Gao_Shou

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

This is the first time I'm listening about the series, looks interesting, I'll give it a try later.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Omg, this show! <3

Initially, I started watching it, assumed that there was something really wrong with the voices (yes, I was an idiot). I found out that it was a Chinese production, and I just shrugged and decided to wait until a few more episodes were out.

Well, last week I came back to it and holy crap! This show is what Log Horizon wanted to be in its second season (but ended up failing at). Without spoiling, I'll just say that the characters are awesome, the settings (online and offline) are amazing, the animation quality is godly, and the feels are STRONG. I never thought I'd get teary eyed over eSports! I mean, come on now. :?

Ultimately, I really love this show. The fact that it is a Chinese production only means that you hear Chinese rather than Japanese, which was cool for me after I got used to it (took about 5 minutes). I strongly recommend it, and I think the main character is basically cute as hell (o^.^o) (I have weird tastes and perspectives, maybe?!).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
This is the first time I'm listening about the series, looks interesting, I'll give it a try later.

Mmm, did you get a chance to give it a shot?

@zoop tried and couldn't get used to it being in Chinese, but I have actually found that it's a really refreshing take on the whole "life in a game" thing. It really has very little in common with Log Horizon and feels more like the first eSports anime, which is pleasant but not what I expected originally.

• Like 2

Mmm, did you get a chance to give it a shot?

@zoop tried and couldn't get used to it being in Chinese, but I have actually found that it's a really refreshing take on the whole "life in a game" thing. It really has very little in common with Log Horizon and feels more like the first eSports anime, which is pleasant but not what I expected originally.

So, I completely forgot about it, I'll let you guys know when I'm through with it.

• Like 2

So, I completely forgot about it, I'll let you guys know when I'm through with it.

35c6385f1f5a1b646becdbcaa620c065bc6942a5_hq.gif.9191566aefc79b66edb4ed0000a85633.gif

Don't leave me here alone! This really is a good show, I swear! I just need more people to watch it,, so we can talk about and be all excited and stuff. Even the creator of this topic has deserted the show. Et tu, @Muco???? :'(

• Friendly 1
  • Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have been following it. Although i am a bit behind at the moment. It is good. As someone who is Chinese and can understand Chinese its an interesting change being able to understand the language being spoken and not having to look at subtitles all the time (although i naturally look down at them from time to time). They way the speak especially in-game is specifically how people in china talk when playing games. A lot of it is like gaming slang. But i find that quit funny. Other wise i think its a great anime has good animation and good story. Chinese animation is starting to look promising. If people want to try something else in Chinese I recommend the animated film Big Fish and Begonia. In my opinion very good story, animation and music. Deserves some attention.

• 3 weeks later...

I have watched the whole 12 episodes recently. First of all, I am surprised that fansub groups translated this Chinese anime into English. I thought fansub groups only translate Japanese. This anime is the second anime I've ever watched about games, the first one is And You Thought There Is Never a Girl Online? (ネトゲの嫁は女の子じゃないと思った?). I think the plot of The King's Avatar (Quan Zhi Gao Shou, 全职高手) is not bad. And I am looking forward to the Season 2.

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic