What exactly is the best anime?

Leanstar-Kun

It honestly depends on what you're looking for. I'm into romance anime, and the fact I'm a teenage boy, the lewd romance anime series catch my attention. The first anime I ever watched was Girls Bravo. I learned pretty quickly, however, that the characters I was rooting for, that is, to get involved romantically, often did not go as I wanted. It always left the story open, and nothing really changed for the MC. So then I moved into straight romance, no ecchi, no harem, and i got exactly what i wanted. Just finished the series Toradora! today, and it's comedic scenes and overall 'brightness' really kept my attention. And I was very happy with how it ended :)

• Like 1

Hi, I'm new to this website and pretty much just started watching anime.

What's your favorite anime and why?

In my opinion, the "Fullmetal Alchemist" anime franchise is the best because the emotions are so deep and also there is the brothers' enormous determination and care for each other during their quest to retrieve their lost bodies. Plus the second series "Brotherhood" is faithful to the manga so it is considered to be darker and more violent.

• Like 1

Sword art online.

Because: The art is awesome, Asuna's my waifu, Its a VR gaming show and I'm a big time gamer, It changes the whole show around with each season like when it went from fantasy to guns, The voice acting is great, Such a good love story, Kirito and Asuna are perfect couple. :)

• Like 1

Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (bka Ronin Warriors outside of Japan). Honestly, I don't know why I favor it so much. I like the story and I like the characters as well as the style, which doesn't exist anymore. Is the show flawed? Definitely. Could it have been adapted better? Of course. But yeah, I still like it.

Maybe I really like it because of the real world equivalents associated with the armors.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

hmmm

even tho I really liked most of these mentioned , and Toradora at the top of them

but what ever I'm watching at that moment if I'm enjoying then at that moment that's best

yes I do go back and watch a few , including Toradora

• Like 1

I would argue that the best anime of all time isn't a series, so much as a series of films. I love anime like FMA and Hanasaku Iroha, but Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli as a whole have kept me into anime for over 20 years. Even if there was a time where I thought I was done, watching a Ghibli film always got me wanting more. There's not a single one of them that I don't enjoy, and they all, as far as I'm concerned, have less flaws than any show I've ever seen.

• Like 2

I mean, I think I have to say the Danganronpa series, since its primarily what got me into anime in the first place.

that being said, Amanchu! is still by far the anime I can watch again and again without remorse. Its so relaxing

• Like 1

I would have to say Naruto or the first 1/2 of Sword art online. Naruto is a very good anime but is a little lengthy, but isn't as dark as some other anime like death note or future diary. And Sword Art Online is really deep (but still enjoyable) because it makes you question what defines reality.

What anime have you started watching so far???

• Like 1

This thread has been very entertaining, to say the least, SAO and then Legend of Galactic heroes right afterward. How funny. I think it is fair to say that an Anime that is "the best" is up to what your standards of measurement are. If it's brilliant storytelling then it is Legend of Galactic heroes, in light of having way too many episodes for my liking. If it's for most entertaining it would have to be Sword art online, at least the first part that is.

Ghibli in itself has some excellent storytelling and animation directing. But he lacks variety which is because of the nature of his plot and stories. This makes it brilliant within its own medium of animation.

There are some brilliant stories out there which are well executed and presented, some mysterious, some with brilliant female main characters, others with great art and directing and music.

My favorite based on all of these beautiful pieces of works apart from some great works like So ra no wo to, or Disappearance of Haruhi, even one of the best female leads I have seen recently being seen in Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru. Genuine and funny comedy from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. Purpose driven feeling production by Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Fun and over exaggerated parody storytelling in Jojo's Bizzare adventures. There are too many to count if we were to list all the great Anime that we are exposed to or should be exposed to.

Of course for me, one prevails over all purely because of the fitting name it has in light of its fantastic music and brilliant choreography of fight scenes and music. By far the classic in the late 1990s and the Anime to set the era of the internet off as the big three was about to arrive. The brilliant Cowboy Bebop, with its basic and exhilarating storytelling with the excelent integration of music and directing. Guiding us into a beautiful philosophical idea leading to the most fitting name of Bebop which is what we experience right through the show and movie. Even at the height of the show having to take a break from airing and produced an ova, which by far exceeds any ova that influenced teenagers in light of violence, in a positive manner. Named Cowboy Bebop: Yose Atsume Blues.

Cowboy Bebop by far takes the show of my favorite Anime.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

My opinion has changed to Naruto/Shippuden because I just cosplayed as Naruto himself and that I heard the show actually saved someone's life because he was feeling suicidal but watching Naruto helped him to feel better about himself.

• 2 months later...

There is no best anime and will never be, because of something called individuality everyone on earth likes something different so not everyone can agree on one thing so there will never be the perfect the best the coolest anime because for something to have that best rating it all depends on whether you like it or not....

• Agree 3

• 1 month later...

IDK. I love every anime I watch. I'm into romance, supernatural, horror and comedy. But after all these years (read: after all these months) of watching anime, only one anime revolves around my mind: Diabolik Lovers. Even though I just hate the ending, I still love the anime. There are a lot of other anime I just LOVE LOVE LOVE!! But you said "exactly". So. I'm just gonna go with one. ^_^^_^

• Geano locked this topic