What game are you most looking forward to?

RepentantSky

A lot of games are on their way, several with release dates and several without, but a lot of which look to be interesting. I know for me, the game I'm most looking forward to is Persona 5, but April in general has a lot to look forward to. So what are you most excited for?

Letzeee...

First off is probably Sunless Skies, a Kickstarter funded project by Failbetter Games that I personally tossed a decent bit of money at. It's a sequel (more specifically, a 'possible future') to one of my favorite games, Sunless Sea, which is itself a very painfully (and delightfully) niche title that is very much a love it or hate it sort of thing. Both games are set in the same universe, shared with the company's narrative driven browser game, Fallen London (the thread that I created regarding which was totally and not entirely surprisingly ignored :'(), and focus on exploration, quirky story telling, and all sorts of sinister silliness.

Second would be Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, another Kickstarter game that I've backed for an amount of money that I would prefer not to divulge. It's being produced by the bloke behind Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and several other highly enjoyable Metroidvania titles. I love his work, and love the direction he's been taking this new project.

Mm... those are the two big ones, the ones that really get my blood flowing and my hype exploding, and cause me to go completely nutty in anticipation.

Beyond that, to a far lesser but still significant degree, would be things like...

• Strafe, a throwback rogue-like-like FPS with a 90's vibe.
  • Overload, a spiritual successor to the classic Descent games, created by members of the original development team who have put out a couple of highly enjoyable demos thus far.
  • 20xx, a Megaman X style roguelike platformer currently in early access that I've had to ban myself from playing, so as to keep myself from being totally burned out on it before it's even fully released.
  • Mass Effect Andromeda, because why not?
  • The Tsukihime remake, because I still have faith.
  • Soul Calibur 6, because it will come out someday, won't be a Pachinko machine, and will be better than five. Also, they'll bring back Seung Mina, and I'll be happy.

... ... I can dream, right?

Anyway, that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

• Like 1

I def want Soul Calibur 6. SC5 got rid of all the characters I ever used, and I mean all of them. Kilik was the only one left but he was a weapon's master do it doesn't count. I want my old fast characters back, that's the only style I feel comfortable with in the game.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was looking forward to Nier:Automata and Prey but they are already out so I'm waiting particularly for other two titles, those two being:

• Destiny 2
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

It has been a little bit since my previous post. Let's do some reflecting!

Strafe, a throwback rogue-like-like FPS with a 90's vibe.

It was ... impressively ... not very good.

Mass Effect Andromeda, because why not?

Buggy much? The thing was a complete and utter pain to try and play. I might give it a go a year or two out when they've had plenty of time to fix their crap. :veryangry:

• Like 1

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. I've wanted this since they announced FFX/X-2 HD, and I was not anticipating having to wait this long for it. It remains my favourite FF title, and I am dying to get my hands on it.

Also waiting on Capcom to get off their backsides and announce a localisation date for Monster Hunter XX...I will almost certainly buy that for oth the 3DS and the Switch, and it'll probably consume my life for another 500+ hours. Especially considering I'll be able to transfer my Gen save data over.

I also have half an eye on Fire Emblem Warriors, but whether or not my interest in that is sustained depends entirely on the character roster.

• Like 1