What anime is the most favorited?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What anime is the most favorited?

• Anime with Graphic Violence
    • Love Story Anime
    • Fantasy Anime
    • Rated R and Unrated Anime
    • Apocalyptic Anime

I'd have to agree, anime is much broader. There's so many different genres, where would one start. lol Also, I'm thinking there may be a thread similar to this already, but for now I'll keep it up.

As for me, I can't say I have a particular favorite... It mostly relates to my moods and what I am feeling like sinking into at the moment. For instance, I generally don't care TOO much for romance anime until I get the hankering to watch one and then I'll binge watch it and cry on my sofa like a little girl. I'm particularly fond of war anime. Or mecha. All around anything Shounen. However when I think of committing to shounen, I want to throw up because I know more than likely it's going to be another bleach or naruto, where I literally have to commit my entire life to reaching the end. I lack patience for that, let's be honest.

You know what anime I can't stand too much of and I can't understand why? Slice of life. Like, it's not that I don't enjoy some series. Some of my favorites have been. But I can't binge watch them. And I'm picky when it comes to them. I guess I just prefer more action overall.

• Agree 2

Well I already had a lot of categories and really didn't want to put every single category that would take forever.

just the ones I er I mean you like right :P

I'm actually not fussy I tend to like all genre of anime tho , even tho in thous areas there can be the odd anime that I don't like whilst liking the rest

Well I already had a lot of categories and really didn't want to put every single category that would take forever.

That's somewhat fair, but conversely, none of what you made compasses a single genre and options 1 and 4 often go hand in hand.

just the ones I er I mean you like right :P

I'm actually not fussy I tend to like all genre of anime tho , even tho in thous areas there can be the odd anime that I don't like whilst liking the rest

Umm. Not just the ones I like because I only like fantasy based anime... I don't like anything realistic and I almost only tend to like anime with a female main character.

That's somewhat fair, but conversely, none of what you made compasses a single genre and options 1 and 4 often go hand in hand.

No they don't because gory anime isn't usually the anime that shows breast and bare butts.

Edited by Guest

I pretty much like almost every genre of anime, ESPECIALLY the R-Rated ones.

Oh, and I hate, detest, loathe, despise, execrate, shudder at, and abhor mecha anime.

Jk, there are some mecha anime that I did like watching. (ie. Code Geass, Aquarion, Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Oh, and I hate, detest, loathe, despise, execrate, shudder at, and abhor mecha anime.

Jk, there are some mecha anime that I did like watching. (ie. Code Geass, Aquarion, Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut)

Very much accurately my feelings on Slice of Life. "I DETEST SLICE OF LIFE... EXCEPT ALL THE GOOD ONES I HAVE WATCHED."

Bravo.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

I like most of them, I like the gore and blood the most probably like Akame Ga Kiull and Elfen lied but I do like the odd romance one like Clannad

I find that anime has so many genres that instead of being put into categories, you could almost plot them on a 3-dimensional graph or on a spectrum.

And like a lot of people here, I can watch just about anything.

I'll watch Slice of Life, I'll watch Gore and Violence

I love Comedy, I love Psychological Thrillers

I'm happy to watch a short film, and I'm happy to watch OMG THIS WILL TAKE MY WHOLE LIFE AND A HALF

I think that really there are just way more genres than we even have words for them, and I prefer to judge individual shows than genres as a whole, as there are ALWAYS exceptions and I feel anything can work if it's, you know, good

That's why when someone asks me what genre's I like, and this goes especially for music too:

"If it's good, I will watch it."

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

It depends on the plot tbh. I don't really care about the genre except if it's a damn Harem. (Yeppppp, all of us goes I don't really care and then outs except. That except nails it :P)

But depending on Genres I think most of the animes that I've watched were slice of life and a I've grown a liking to Historical Fiction recently. :D

• Like 2

FANTASY I love fantasy because it has magic and umm other worldly stuff I guess I don't know why but FANTASY ALL THE WAY!

I like emotional drama that makes me cry, but more than that (and I hope I don't sound like an edgelord...), I like dark anime with depressing stories. There's just something about bleak stories that attract me. There's a sort of cathartic effect to it that I can't quite explain. Perhaps it's the heroes' struggle against their inevitable fate. Perhaps I just enjoy fiction reflecting my own misery. lol

Anyway, that's one reason Madoka was one of my favorite anime. It's bleak as heck. Of course, not as much as Bokurano. The anime ruined the bleakness of the manga. There was also Narutaru (NOT Naruto!) - same author as Bokurano, but way more depressing.

But that's only on the extreme end of what I love most. I do also enjoy thrillers with unexpected twists, like Steins;Gate. I always like those "wham episodes" where the anime just do something completely opposite of what its initial tone was like, switching from comedy to sudden horror and tragedy. Higurashi would have caught me by surprise in that regard were it not for its opening scene in episode 1.

Also, deconstruction fleets. I love anime that deconstruct a certain genre. There's just something ambitious in that that I like, daring to break new grounds and do something new with an old and possibly dated genre, like Attack on Titan with the shounen genre.

I used to really like battle anime, not that I absolutely hate them now, as I follow Dragon Ball Super, but I kind of prefer anime that has a nice story of people struggling to find themselves or overcoming the trials that may be found in every day life, which is why Barakamon and Clannad are so good.

• Geano locked this topic