What light novel are you reading right now?

JesuDesu22

Do you read light novels?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you read light novels?

• Yes! Officially translated only!
    • Yes! Fan-translated only!
    • Yes! A mixture of official and fan-translated!
    • No! I'm not interested!
    • No, but I want to!

Where does one read light novels? I've never read them before

I read the physical books, usually published by Yen Press, as well as fan translations on the Internet, such as Baka-Tsuki's translations, if there are no official translations. If you have a nearby store that sells manga, there will probably be light novels in the same section. o:

I read the physical books, usually published by Yen Press, as well as fan translations on the Internet, such as Baka-Tsuki's translations, if there are no official translations. If you have a nearby store that sells manga, there will probably be light novels in the same section. o:

No stores around for that. I was more so looking for a site where I could read them for free.

I don't buy things like that unless I already know I like it. Same deal with manga.

If you read light novels, what are you reading?

I need to get back to reading Spice and Wolf. Life events conspired to stall me out around volume five, had been greatly enjoying it up to that point.

Beyond that, I'm an irregular reader (and also extremely behind) of the Haruhi Suzumiya novels, and have previously enjoyed Welcome to NHK, Twelve Kingdoms, and Full Metal Panic. I was reading the Scrapped Princess novels until - if I'm not mistaken - the publisher stopped localizing them.

I need to get back to reading Spice and Wolf. Life events conspired to stall me out around volume five, had been greatly enjoying it up to that point.

Beyond that, I'm an irregular reader (and also extremely behind) of the Haruhi Suzumiya novels, and have previously enjoyed Welcome to NHK, Twelve Kingdoms, and Full Metal Panic. I was reading the Scrapped Princess novels until - if I'm not mistaken - the publisher stopped localizing them.

I love the Spice and Wolf light novels! That was one of the first LN titles I started reading, and it got me hooked into the world of light novels. I am also behind, though. I am either on volume 5 or 6.

Where and when did you read Welcome to the NHK? I've wanted to read it for years, but couldn't find it in stores. Even with online stores, I couldn't find it for a reasonable price.

Where and when did you read Welcome to the NHK? I've wanted to read it for years, but couldn't find it in stores. Even with online stores, I couldn't find it for a reasonable price.

According to Amazon I bought it on March first, 2008. @_@

And... I see what you mean. Looks like it's just plain unavailable most places... $25ish on Amazon, $30ish on ebay. :-/

That's a little disconcerting, to be honest... makes me want to buy up every volume of Spice and Wolf currently available, out of fear that they may end up similarly hard to find. fuck.png.1204e5c383771af90066edd3fa5fa7d7.png

According to Amazon I bought it on March first, 2008. @_@

And... I see what you mean. Looks like it's just plain unavailable most places... $25ish on Amazon, $30ish on ebay. :-/

That's a little disconcerting, to be honest... makes me want to buy up every volume of Spice and Wolf currently available, out of fear that they may end up similarly hard to find. [ATTACH=full]30956[/ATTACH]

I don't think the same thing will happen to Spice and Wolf. Yen Press owns the rights to publish it in English, and Yen Press is still a very healthy company that's been releasing many light novels. ^^ I think what happened with Welcome to the NHK is that the publisher might have gone out of business. There's actually quite a few older light novels like that so I wonder if they are all connected...

• Like 1

I don't think the same thing will happen to Spice and Wolf. Yen Press owns the rights to publish it in English, and Yen Press is still a very healthy company that's been releasing many light novels. ^^ I think what happened with Welcome to the NHK is that the publisher might have gone out of business. There's actually quite a few older light novels like that so I wonder if they are all connected...

Good point - and you're right, the publisher (Tokyopop) did go under. They were localizing a fair number of light novels at the time, including several that I was following. ;_;

Good point - and you're right, the publisher (Tokyopop) did go under. They were localizing a fair number of light novels at the time, including several that I was following. ;_;
Wow, I didn't even know Sailor Moon and some others on that list even had light novels. What a waste. :/ I hope someone else will pick them up- especially Welcome to the NHK! I still want to read that!

I am reading A Certain Magical Index and Spice & Wolf, though I need to get more volumes of the latter, since I have had some huge expenses to deal with recently.

I have a fair number of Spice and Wolf volumes to catch up on, myself. I really need to start working my way to them, but life has been hectic as of late. Lovely series, though. How far along are you?

I have a fair number of Spice and Wolf volumes to catch up on, myself. I really need to start working my way to them, but life has been hectic as of late. Lovely series, though. How far along are you?

I only read the first three volumes. I have been meaning to read volumes 4-6, but because of a huge expenditure last month, I could not get them until now.

I have been reviewing the light novels on my blog though, so you can always see where I am at, though I am trying to get only 3-4 volumes at a time

• 3 weeks later...