Where are you from?

Yuuki_Radosian

Hey All I just anted to get to know where we're all from so we can all learn a little about each other and the world.

I am from South Africa I live on the Eastern sea line in the City of Durban (we have the largest natural harbor in the southern hemisphere) I'm from an area Called the Bluff and I live literally within a 1 minute walk from the beach (a private beach the public ones are great but the private ones are better as no one can bug you because there's hardly ever anyone there).

People say that South Africa is a dangerous place , yes its true but like all country's it is dependent on the area your in . Overall South Africa is a great and beautiful Nation of many different people who , for the most part , live in harmony . I look forward to hearing a little about your Homelands and country's

This is less than a minute from my place

1.jpg.1e66aa65c591ace6e3ab2f54ee4a7856.jpg

I live on the other side of the harbor over the hill with all the green on it.

durban1.thumb.jpg.9848ed23ad7670e641e2320177f88573.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

It looks really nice there. Nice beaches. My city isn't that pretty. lol

I'm from the US. Virginia. Richmond, Virginia....but not much I can say. Virginia as a whole is one of the oldest places in the US as it had the earliest European settlers...so as kids, you can imagine how impertinent History was for us.

Not much else I can say, really.

I was always bad at history despite the fact that I have an unusual talent for storing factual information .

I would very much like to see some pictures of your hometown if you still have any , unfortunately most of the ones I have taken during my brief time as a photographer are corrupted or deleted so I had to get the aerial from the web. But there are a few from my grid series that i still have but their all of industrial areas near the harbor and a few from the beachfront with the damaged tarmac and government buildings.

• 2 weeks later...

This is less than a minute from my place

[ATTACH=full]17518[/ATTACH]

That's an absolutely gorgeous view. I'm crazy jealous.

I'm from a small town in the state of Nebraska. Unfortunately it's the stereotype of Nebraska. Surrounded by corn, cows, and loads of flat land.

I'm from Perth, Western Australia.

During summer we do get some nasty (often suspicious) bushfires, and overall the cost of living is quite high, but average salary is good if you can achieve it. If you love clear weather, beaches and an outdoor lifestyle then I'd highly recommend it. Be prepared for really hot Summer days though, 35-40°C days are common.

Watch out for the koala dropbears ;)

Because of our smaller market and distance, entertainment items are generally more expensive. On the bright side, online shopping helps bypass this - as long as you don't spend more than $1,000 AUD in one transaction you won't get charged tax or duty when it arrives (except if you try to import alcohol or cigarettes of course). As a result it can be cheaper to buy from an American or UK retailer and turn out cheaper even with express shipping included.

One negative is if you like to go on holidays to Europe from Australia you are easily looking at 18+ hour flight times one-way.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Optic Wow! i think we can meet in the next 2 months i will be migrating in perth :D and im from philippines

Oooh! Out of curiosity, any particular reason you chose Perth?

I noticed a lot of people prefer Melbourne or Sydney for the lifestyle, though their population is MUCH higher than Perth.

I chose perth because my hobby is always outdoor i really like perth beaches except those sharks haha but still low crimerate , peace city , and very friendly people speaking of internet i really want perth to have that high speed internet not in philippines internet just 3 mbps

I'm an American in Thailand. My parents came from the States to Thailand as missionaries, and I was born here during their 4th year here. Because I grew up here in Southeast Asia, I was exposed to lots of anime early on, and I believe that's why I'm an Otaku. To be exact about where I live, I live in a small mountain town in the Kanchanaburi province called Sangklaburi, not to far from the border to Burma.

• 2 weeks later...
I chose perth because my hobby is always outdoor i really like perth beaches except those sharks haha but still low crimerate , peace city , and very friendly people

You'll definitely love it here then, clear skies, clear weather and beaches are plentiful here along the coast. :)

I live in a small mountain town in the Kanchanaburi province called Sangklaburi, not to far from the border to Burma.

Out of curiosity, how's your Internet connection there? Given Australian's current Internet situation with an aging copper network for broadband I wouldn't be surprised if it surpassed most of us here.

Out of curiosity, how's your Internet connection there? Given Australian's current Internet situation with an aging copper network for broadband I wouldn't be surprised if it surpassed most of us here.

It's pretty good actually. I don't know how to describe it really, but it works almost all the time accept for when there's stormy weather.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Singapore. It's a little island off the country of Malaysia at South-East Asia. Just a tiny dot on the map. You won't spot it.

It's pretty boring here compared to America. The theme parks are lame, the shops are lame. Pretty much everything in this country is a pale imitation of American merchandises. Well, there are Asian stuff too, I guess. It's a mixed bag. We've got K-pop culture here too. We've got anime shops, but they mostly cater to the mainstream populace like Naruto, One Piece, Haruhi. Ugh.

Yeah. It's a pretty lame country. Wish I could go to New York or Tokyo someday.

Well I live in New York, and the people aren't as rude as you'd expect xD, I mean sure if you go more into the city people get more rude but everyones busy there with business or fashion or things like that xD.

Long Island IMO has gorgeous oceans and beautiful little nature reserves. There's one called "Centennial Gardens" near my home so I often go there for walks, and since spring is here (Finally!) everything starting to bloom, even the cherry blossoms.

All though Suburbia here doesn't have the best of views, so we often go to the Pocono's to get away from the people and cars xD.

Though since my parents moved here some time before I was born, they passed a lot of their Arabic culture onto me so I guess I'm an American-Arab? xD

lol , always happy to help :P and I'm Scottish and South African (Scouth African? . . . not as cool as Abmerican though :P) .

nah it cool, Scouth sounds pretty epic :D

Y'all live in some pretty exotic and beautiful places :0

My country doesn't even have a beach. It's not really that popular anyway, and not that beautiful.

80% of the people here don't even know what anime is.