Where do you watch anime?

Kunoichifox

Where do you mainly watch anime, tv, Funimation.com, Netflix, Crunchyroll, Anime on Demand, DVD/Blu Ray, Hulu, youtube or other?

I prefer funimation.com, netflix, and own several anime series on Blu ray

Fansubs on VLC and also blurays both on the home theatre. :angel:

My brother recently got these wall scrolls which really does add that anime theatre feel.

[ATTACH=full]14608[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]14609[/ATTACH]

That looks really nice. The Black Bullet and Vividred Operation scrolls are probably my favorite. (You also reminded me that I still need to watch Zankyou no Terror. So much anime, so little time :?)

Guest Evil_Hunter
Fansubs on VLC and also blurays both on the home theatre. :angel:

My brother recently got these wall scrolls which really does add that anime theatre feel.

[ATTACH=full]14608[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]14609[/ATTACH]

Wow Op you Ballin!

• 2 months later...

I've been starting to buy a few on DVD/Blu-ray, but seeing as for whatever ungodly reason the world chose that I can't stream most of the time I go to watch anime (and even youtube screws with my LP watching sometimes), I watch fansubs on VLC and I don't even care I can't seem to stream anyway now that I'm used to the better quality than most if not all sites.

A friend of mine stateside shared a site with me a few months ago. It's called...

http://kissanime.com/

Through this, I've been able to rewatch some series I've always enjoyed, like Yoroiden Samurai Troopers, for example. I can also watch series that have been on my "to watch" list for years or my "finish up" list, that's been sitting there stagnant for a long time, or give some series a second chance (like Ragnarok) or maybe I'll finally go back to Tenchi Muyo GXP. My copy of it that I bought over ten years ago just didn't work.

I was also able to start watching Sailor Moon Crystal and was able to finally check out the OAV, Switch (I like the manga) because of this site.

Now, when I don't use that site, maybe I'll just turn on the TV. Animax shows some older series and Kids Station. Animax shows old Detective Conan reruns, for instance (I prefer the older eps). Also shows the neverending Dragon Ball/Z/GT reruns. Seriously, it's amazing how popular Dragon Ball still is. Kids now still play with DB related stuff. Also got to finally see some of City Hunter. Of course these were all raw...so it's easy for me to miss stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For those who do not know, which most certainly is not myself as I am fabulous and highly knowledgeable, what exactly is VLC? Not that I don't know, of course, I'm just looking out for anybody who does not...eheheheh...heh... :?

...I have no clue what VLC is, please tell me. :S

...I have no clue what VLC is, please tell me. :S

VLC is a media player for several devices that will pretty much play any file format you throw at it. It's pretty much everything Windows Media Player should have been. :P

Anyway, here is a link to the main site if you're interested: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

• Like 1

well, if we are speaking of torrenting anime 1080p, where do you guys usually download it?

I used to use animetake and bakabt, but since it got shut down and bakbt with it's strict downloading conditions, i stopped using them. I've been either streaming or using nyaa recently.

Recommendations? I prefer torrent.

• 4 weeks later...

I use Crunchyroll, because I have a toaster and it struggles to torrent things. Sometimes the entire computer locks up and I can't do anything. I shouldn't be having any problems, yet I do, so CR it is. There's hardly any anime I want to bother watching anyway, most of it is on CR. If not, I dunno what I'll do.

I watch on Ryuanime. So many titles, although if you can't find a certain one, it might be on Anime Select. (on anime select you can download certain titles)

Download from Nyaa.se or the fansubbers' site and watch on MPC. I used to use VLC, but the lag annoyed me. Can't scrub the video without lag. Not sure if they've fixed that today, but I've gotten used to MPC, and it has quite a number of cool features to satisfy me.

I used to download from Baka.me, but their tracker don't allow the newer versions of BitTorrent (whitelisted for some reason), so.

• Geano locked this topic