Who is going to see the Ghost in the Shell movie?

Momotsu

Who is going to actually see the film? Or will you wait for DVD release? Or maybe you don't want to see it at all... but if so why?

I'm going tomorrow for opening day (least for where I'm from)

I watched the show back when I was little since it seemed like it was always on to me, least back then.

I'm super excited to see it! I don't have any complaints about the actors or anything, I'm just excited to see it and perhaps see others who actually watched the anime too.

:D

I don't know that I'll be seeing it in a theater, since the next month or so are going to be a bit hectic for me, but I'll definitely give it a look when it's available elsewhere. The early reviews are sounding like the movie, despite being a true visual treat, is a little lacking in other departments, so I'm not exactly torn up about having to skip out on theater attendance.

But, we'll see how it goes.

I wasn't overly familiar with the series since I've only seen random episodes from when it aired on Adult Swim. Going into the movie, I still didn't really understand certain aspects of it. The world-building looked visually stunning and the characters and action were decent. Scarlett Johannson was a pretty good lead where I did feel for her character at times. I felt that it got a little boring in the middle though. Plus Michael Pitt was underused.

6-6.5/10. While it could've been better, it's definitely better than previous live-action adaptions.