Will you see Your Name in a theatre?

JesuDesu22

Will you watch Your Name in a cinema?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Will you watch Your Name in a cinema?

• Yes!
    • No, it isn't coming to my city!
    • No, I don't have time!
    • No, I'm not interested.

I've heard a lot about Your Name, and I'm very excited because it's actually coming to my lame-ass Canadian city; to my closest theatre, in fact! What a rare opportunity...

Unfortunately I have a medical appointment on the same day, but I seriously might cancel. I mean, how often does a movie like this make it to my city? Not often! I'm not going to miss it! @@;

What about you? Is Your Name coming to a theatre near you, and if it is, will you watch it there? :D

• Like 1

I do like going to the cinema's to see movies , but I don't get to go well at all these days , the best I get is that ive set my lounge up as a home theatre with as big a screen as the projector can go and surround sound , but still not as good as going to the real ones :(

however like a few others here I have already seen "your name" and enjoyed it

I will not. I enjoyed the film greatly minus the rather embarrassing scenes that are there. I've never been able to enjoy scenes like that, and I never will.
May I ask what kind of embarrassing scenes there were? O.o Er, is there any objectionable content in the film? I haven't seen it yet, but I was planning to watch it with my mom, sooo... xD

May I ask what kind of embarrassing scenes there were? O.o Er, is there any objectionable content in the film? I haven't seen it yet, but I was planning to watch it with my mom, sooo... xD

If you haven't seen it yet, I probably shouldn't say. It will spoil some parts of it that you may enjoy. That said, one moment there is about women's breasts on a teenage, and while it doesn't show anything, I don't know how your mom might react to that.

Yup! I've been looking forward to having the chance to do so for a while now, and have specifically held off from seeing the movie thus far as a result. I've had the chance to see a few anime movies in theaters in the past, which is (almost) always a treat!

only thing I can think of that repentantsky l may be talking about as embarrassing would be the usual boy ends up in girls body boy "has to" check out his new body's assets thing scenes

Edited by Guest

If you haven't seen it yet, I probably shouldn't say. It will spoil some parts of it that you may enjoy. That said, one moment there is about women's breasts on a teenage, and while it doesn't show anything, I don't know how your mom might react to that.

Mm, I wasn't sure so I looked up the level of objectionable content via ANN's database, and it only listed it as mild. I think it'll be okay. >w<b

Yup! I've been looking forward to having the chance to do so for a while now, and have specifically held off from seeing the movie thus far as a result. I've had the chance to see a few anime movies in theaters in the past, which is (almost) always a treat!

Lucky! I almost never get to see anime movies in theatres! I think the last time I watched one, it was Paprika... and that was like, almost a decade ago. ._.

only thing I can think of that repentantsky l may be talking about as embarrassing would be the usual boy ends up in girls body boy "has to" check out his new body's assets thing scenes

That makes sense. xD I hope it isn't too bad. Looking is fine but if he goes feeling...! Oh god. xD

I have already gone to see it, it was fantastic to see it with my friends, male and female. The awkward scenes are implemented for a reason, I mean it's reasonably realistic. I wrote a review on it purely because I saw it in a huge theater, not a normal one, which was a massive privilege. But I think that it would have been better to watch it at home for the pure reason that the subtitles were quite low and you missed a lot of the epic animation that is produced. The film was fun to watch with friends though so it depends on how much of a social person you are. I enjoyed watching it in the Cinema, but for personal entertainment, I would recommend home viewing.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It was out in several cinemas near/in Melbourne, but I didn't go. n.n' Or plan to go. Partly because I like to watch anime curled up in bed (who doesn't) partly because I couldn't figure out how to buy tickets (hopeless at normal stuff liek that.)And mostly because I didn't have anyone to go with. >_< If anyone from Melb actually sees this, send a pm, or whatever it's called on here. Might be good to get a group to see the next big anime movie together.

I most likely will not see it.

I saw one of the creator's other works and felt really dissatisfied with it, enough so that I did not get why it was given a pedestal like Clannad's or even a Miyazaki film.

I most likely will not see it.

I saw one of the creator's other works and felt really dissatisfied with it, enough so that I did not get why it was given a pedestal like Clannad's or even a Miyazaki film.

Interesting you say this, because I had the same dissatisfaction of his other works. Yet this one was so much fun, yes it has flaws but it is well worth a watch. It is a little different to what you might expect.

Interesting you say this, because I had the same dissatisfaction of his other works. Yet this one was so much fun, yes it has flaws but it is well worth a watch. It is a little different to what you might expect.

That makes me a bit more hopeful, but no theater near me will get it, so I have to wait for Blu Ray release (FUNimation is not posting new content on iTunes and not all of their movies are streamable).

Caught this in a local theater early yesterday... Fandango had reported it as being a dubbed showing, which while not ideal for me was something that I was okay with, but it turns out that they'd been mistaken, as it ended up being subtitled. I cheered a little bit, myself, though I could see this being extremely irritating to others.

Overall I found it to be a wonderfully enjoyable movie, one that I'm very thankful to have had the privilege to see on the big screen - it was very easily the highlight of my weekend and something that I cannot recommend enough.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Geano locked this topic