Winter, 2017 - upcoming anime discussion!

Optic

Winter 2017 anime season is around the corner! Which titles will you be watching?

anichart-winter-2017.thumb.jpg.a3f5d5a7fcf0f68974ca40c4e980cf0b.jpg

Winter 2017 anime titles that interest me:

• KonoSuba Second Season: yes, LOVED the first season for its ridiculous fantasy comedy! Will Kazuma ever make it home? Will he, Aqua and co. ever reach that final boss? :P

• Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen (Blue Exorcist S2): looks interesting but I haven't seen the first season yet. I'm sure many of you out there will be seeing this.

• SCHOOLGIRL STRIKERS: based off a smartphone game... might be interesting. Interesting bodysuit character designs.

• Tales of Zestiria the X 2: YESS, I loved the first season. I've never played the Zestiria games but watching it has made me really interested in the franchise. ufotable did a GREAT job making an immersive environment and as usual jaw-dropping visuals. But also hope to see more of princess Alisha Diphda's heart-warming smile. (o^.^o)

• Urara Meirochou: this looks CUTE, and I have enjoyed many of J.C. Staff's titles.

• Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 2: still going from last season. Solid mecha title. Olga and Mikazuki continue to kick ass with Tekkaden for their future.

• Sword Art Online - Ordinal Scale: takes place after the Mother’s Rosario arc from Sword Art Online II. It's coming to cinemas in Australia on March 9, 2017!

[FLOAT_RIGHT]:if:[/FLOAT_RIGHT]How about you? Which titles have caught your eye for this coming season?

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I remember posting a list somewhere on some thread. Meh.

I'll be watching:

- Masamune-kun no Revenge

- KonoSuba s2

- Tales of Zestiria the X(2017)

- Akiba's Trip the Animation

- Gabriel Dropout(cuz why not)

And maybe others. Three episode rule.

Also SAO: Ordinal Scale and Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen.

Maybe Blue Exorcist? Dunno.

• Like 1

Oh my god, there's so many of them! I wonder if maybe I'll be able to choose one to keep up with.

I've never actually kept up with ongoing anime series before. I've always watched completed series (a bit older too).

Ao no Exorcist S2 And Tales of Zestiria X2 OMG. So excited for these! I just finished watching Tales of Zestiria a few weeks ago and I regret not watching it sooner! It was so good. Looking forward to the season 2! Good thing I don't have to wait for a long time. Hahah.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your responses! It will also help gauge what titles to add on the home front page.

I've never actually kept up with ongoing anime series before.

Try and pick at least one! It's quite fun discussing a title as it airs each week. ;) I'm hoping we can all find a title we are hyped for... the last time we did that was that thriller anime, ERASED.

I remember posting a list somewhere on some thread.

Ahh yes, that thread was for all of 2017 including TBC titles whereas this one is just for confirmed Winter 2017 anime titles.

Also nice to see a few going for Tales of Zestiria the X 2, good candidate for discussions...

I finally took a look at that list. Most of it didn't look appealing at all to me.

The only upcoming show that interests me is:

•ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka

None of the movies look particularly interesting either except for maaaaybe:

•Gyakusatsu Kikan

And then from the Fall leftovers, again, just one and a very big maybe for:

•Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shonen Tantei-dan" Yori

Honestly, none of it really looks appealing to me. But I'll at least give ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to be a fairly dry season for me, to be honest.

I'll probably be picking up Little Witch Academia as I rather enjoyed the movies... other than that though, the only thing that really catches my interest is the fourth season of Yamishibai - the first three seasons of which were very enjoyable, despite being purely self contained episodic shorts.

Being extremely picky about anime ( I can't help it. ;_; ) can be a bit bothersome at times.

Edited by Guest

I remember posting a list somewhere on some thread. Meh.

yep me too but what the hell

@Optic I don't see Clockwork Planet in your list for up coming Hmmmm

I am already watching

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2

Fuuka

Demi-chan wa Kataritai

and have tagged in to my watch list

Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Impure King Arc

Seiren

and both seasons of Tales of Zestiria (seeing I haven't got around to seeing the first yet)

but one that gas just caught my eye on the list that I think ill be adding will be

Spiritpact , just about to watch the trailer

disclaimer I may end up watching others as well and am doing so at the moment with Fall Left Overs

• Geano locked this topic