Wolf Children (Ookami no Kodomo Ame to Yuki)

Yuuki_Radosian

[FLOAT_RIGHT]A13862-791722162.1323905458.jpg.41d0a5dad89961da132fad3c61e17dba.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

Hana is a 19-year-old student who falls in a "fairy-tale like" love with a "wolf man". Over the course of the 13-year story Hana gives birth to two children—older sister named Yuki ("snow") who was born on a snowy day, and a younger brother named Ame ("rain") who was born on a rainy day. At first the family quietly lives in city trying to hide their wolf heritage, but when the "wolf man" suddenly dies Hana makes the decision to move to a rural town, far from their previous city life.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film , not only was the story beautiful but the themes (family bonds and fitting into society or leaving it all together) were explored very well and give you something to think about once the film is finished.

Has anyone else watched this film?

What are your thoughts on it?

• 1 month later...

Watched it months ago. I give it a rating of 9/10~ I really like the story, heartwarming and touching. At the end, I even cried a little......J-just a l-litle:blush: especially at the part where

where Ame leaves them

• Like 1

Watched it months ago. I give it a rating of 9/10~ I really like the story, heartwarming and touching. At the end, I even cried a little......J-just a l-litle:blush:

I have to agree it was quite tear jerking and beautiful at the same time.

I have to agree it was quite tear jerking and beautiful at the same time.

As expected of Mamoru Hosoda~ Have you watched his other works: Summer Wars and the Girl who Leapt through Time? The latter is another tearjerker too.

Unfortunately not , I don't often watch Anime movies unless they are part of a series.

The main reason I watched this one was because I had seen clips of it in some AMV's and when I looked it up the synopsis just made me want to watch it even more.

Unfortunately not , I don't often watch Anime movies unless they are part of a series.

The main reason I watched this one was because I had seen clips of it in some AMV's and when I looked it up the synopsis just made me want to watch it even more.

I see... Too bad :S

• 1 year later...

I just streamed this yesterday with @Davis and @Cirkadian.

I would rate this a solid 8/10.

I have heard about this movie for quite some time, but never took the time to watch it. I heard it was gut-wrentchingly sad. So in the beginning, I anticipated that this animated film would destroy my emotions. But I have to honestly say, while it had it's sad moments, it was not as depressing as I anticipated. Sure, it had some very mournful moments... But overall, the theme was really bright.

It's about a mother's story, raising her children.. And it has trials and bad days, but it also highlights the pleasant moments. I teared up a few moments in the movie, and I always enjoy a film that has bittersweet moments.

If you never seen this, I'd give it a watch. The artwork and animation is pleasant and the story line is really nice. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I've already watched this movie 2 months ago and I was wondering why did the father wolf decided to turn into a wolf and go hunting in the canal? Like why would he do that when he knows he would die. It's like he decided to suicide without telling his wife.

Edited by Guest

I've already watched this movie 2 months ago and I was wondering why did the father wolf decided to turn into a wolf and go hunting in the canal? Like why would he do that when he knows he would die. It's like he decided to suicide without telling his wife.

I changed your post to hide this as it is a spoiler. haha

In regards to your comment,

it never directly states why he did this, other than saying that it could have been his instinctual nature to provide for his children and wife. He was part wolf, so he would most likely have those instincts to want to hunt. I'm also sure he was not aware he would die.

I changed your post to hide this as it is a spoiler. haha

In regards to your comment,

it never directly states why he did this, other than saying that it could have been his instinctual nature to provide for his children and wife. He was part wolf, so he would most likely have those instincts to want to hunt. I'm also sure he was not aware he would die.

True. True. Dammit. Thanks for the spoiler hide.

• Geano locked this topic