Your favourite 5 music albums

Nectar

What are your favourite 5 musical albums of all time?

What is your favourite song from each?

Can be any genre, whether it's heavy metal or an anime OST album, I'm interested to know!

Can't think of 5? Just pick a couple!

Here are my favourites!

1. Innerspeaker by Tame Impala (Psychedelic Rock)

Favourite song:

2. Wintergatan by Wintergatan (Folk, Electronica)

Favourite song:

3. D by White Denim (Indie Rock)

Favourite song:

4. Groove is Black by Half Gramme of Soma (Stoner Rock)

Favourite song:

5. UNHAPPY REFRAIN by wowaka (Vocaloid, Rock)

Favourite song:

1. Clannad Original Soundtrack by Various Artists (Soundtrack)

Favourite song:

2. Meteora by Linkin Park (Alternative Metal)

Favourite song:

3. HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I by Michael Jackson (Pop)

Favourite song:

4. ARCADIA by earthmind (Soundtrack)

Favourite song:

5. Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Best Vol.2 by Shinji Miyazaki (Soundtrack)

Favourite song:

I would post more than 5 if I could. lol Though most of my favorite albums are more like singles than full albums.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

1. Under one roof Hunters and Collectors

Talking to a Stranger

2. Sideshow by Twinemen

Wishers

3. Holy fire by the Foals

Inhaler

4. Jim Bryson and the occasionals 2002

26 miles by car

5. Declaration of Dependance by Kings of Convenience

Renegade

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

1. Beneath the Skin by Of Monsters and Men (Folk Pop)

Favorite song:

2. Battlecry by Two Steps from Hell (Trailer Music)

Favorite song:

3. Undaunted by Really Slow Motion (Trailer Music)

Favorite song:

4. Smoke + Mirrors by Imagine Dragons (Alternative Rock)

Favorite song:

5. Shel (Folk Pop)

Favorite song:

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

@existentiallylostdumbell

Wow so you actually went and checked them out, excellent! And yes, what you say is correct!

Stiff is WD's most recent album, and their first since Block and Jenkins left the band. They were replaced by two other people I can't recall the names of, but it's their 'new sound' that seems to appeal to you the most. It's nice to see that you've found something here that you like! Do Wintergatan and wowaka not suit your tastes?

@existentiallylostdumbell

Wow so you actually went and checked them out, excellent! And yes, what you say is correct!

Stiff is WD's most recent album, and their first since Block and Jenkins left the band. They were replaced by two other people I can't recall the names of, but it's their 'new sound' that seems to appeal to you the most. It's nice to see that you've found something here that you like! Do Wintergatan and wowaka not suit your tastes?

I find that there's just too much going on in their albums, I like complexity, but at a certain point It's just too much to follow. Also, stiff seemed to be taking on a bit off the southern blues vibe which I quite enjoy. Based off of your taste though I would recommend you the instrumental album Floa by Mammal Hands and Forever by Nomad Soul, they're both pretty busy, but I like them. Who knows though, taste in music is very personal and what turns one person on, might have the opposite effect on others. We've all got our aesthetics.

Edited by Guest
  • Winner 1

I find that there's just too much going on in their albums, I like complexity, but at a certain point It's just too much to follow. Also, stiff seemed to be taking on a bit off the southern blues vibe which I quite enjoy. Based off of your taste though I would recommend you the instrumental album Floa by Mammal Hands and Forever by Nomad Soul, they're both pretty busy, but I like them. Who knows though, taste in music is very personal and what turns one person on, might have the opposite effect on others. We've all got our aesthetics.

Thanks! This is exactly what I wanted from this thread so I'm pleased about this. I'll check both of those out this evening and get back to you.

• Like 1