Your Software

Greeneyes

If you made any software before please tell us about it and how it works! Or is there any software you couldn't live without using and had to share it?

Eh um Paint.net!

• 2 months later...

I'm an amateur Java programmer. I make a lot of things, not really released anything spectacular, but I have made some things.d A lot of them are on hiatus, mostly because of school. Soon I'll be learning to make video games in school so I will definitely post somewhere on here when I make a demo of one. One thing that I am really proud of is a scripting language that I made FOR video games. It's a framework and a language that loads a file by '*.as" and there are "nodes" that start certain sections of script. This script is strictly for loading dialog into like rpg/adventure games. Any game that has lots of dialog. Every "dialog piece", or an individual piece of dialog that belongs to certain object, character, or event, has a start and end node, to specify the start and end of that piece. This separates different parts of a file that can contain like dialogs. So you can have on file for events, or one file for NPC's. Then within these nodes, you can place dialog. Raw dialog. You can then manipulate said dialog so that it is read in certain order or so that if certain things happen, one line is read instead of another. You can also do input so that the player gives a certain input and the framework processes that input according to the script using conditionals within that script, so that you can say, "if x input is y, then print this dialog". It's not finished and I have plans for doing stuff like labeling each dialog piece to distinguish between different parts or taking the "jumpto" command, which allows you to jump from file to file to really have a truly rpg dialog where different objects/characters/events print their dialog in certain order, and edit it so that you can jump from one piece to another and have "checkpoints" so that you can jump to a certain line within a file, etc. Right now I'm working on a discord bot with my friend, who is a professional Java programmer (junior right now, but he has a degree). I also gotta focus on school, too.

If anybody here is an amateur programmer or is interesting in programming, wants to see the source code, here is it.

Edited by Guest

• 6 months later...
On 8/22/2017 at 5:27 PM, Alex Couch said:

I'm an amateur Java programmer. I make a lot of things, not really released anything spectacular, but I have made some things.d A lot of them are on hiatus, mostly because of school. Soon I'll be learning to make video games in school so I will definitely post somewhere on here when I make a demo of one. One thing that I am really proud of is a scripting language that I made FOR video games. It's a framework and a language that loads a file by '*.as" and there are "nodes" that start certain sections of script. This script is strictly for loading dialog into like rpg/adventure games. Any game that has lots of dialog. Every "dialog piece", or an individual piece of dialog that belongs to certain object, character, or event, has a start and end node, to specify the start and end of that piece. This separates different parts of a file that can contain like dialogs. So you can have on file for events, or one file for NPC's. Then within these nodes, you can place dialog. Raw dialog. You can then manipulate said dialog so that it is read in certain order or so that if certain things happen, one line is read instead of another. You can also do input so that the player gives a certain input and the framework processes that input according to the script using conditionals within that script, so that you can say, "if x input is y, then print this dialog". It's not finished and I have plans for doing stuff like labeling each dialog piece to distinguish between different parts or taking the "jumpto" command, which allows you to jump from file to file to really have a truly rpg dialog where different objects/characters/events print their dialog in certain order, and edit it so that you can jump from one piece to another and have "checkpoints" so that you can jump to a certain line within a file, etc. Right now I'm working on a discord bot with my friend, who is a professional Java programmer (junior right now, but he has a degree). I also gotta focus on school, too.

If anybody here is an amateur programmer or is interesting in programming, wants to see the source code, here is it.

Hmmm let me check the source code

I love Photoshop & filmora