Jump to content

efaardvark

AF Member
  • Posts

    3,122
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    258

Everything posted by efaardvark

  1. Took the kitchen faucet apart, cleaned off all the scale and rust, and put it back together. Some of the parts and pretty much all of the washers could use replacement due to wear or cosmetics but that will require a trip to the hardware store. I took measurements and will probably do that sometime next week. The rest of the kitchen only got slightly wet in the process.
  2. Which season? I liked the first one but I haven't yet started the latest.
  3. Went to the denthist thoday an now my thounge ith all numf an I cant thpeak rigth.
  4. I have little to no graphic ability so probably not a lot of photoshop / gimp stuff. I’ve been playing a bit with AI stuff however and that’ll take as much CPU and GPU as the system can provide. And of course it’ll be good for games too. If the Steam Frame is anything like reasonably priced then maybe I’ll try some VR stuff too.
  5. I have a pcpartpicker list for it that says it is currently about $3500 but that's after the prices for RAM and SSDs went through the roof. When I bought at the end of last year it was more like $2200 all together.
  6. That top picture is just the BIOS screen. This is not RTX. For cost reasons I went with all-AMD on this one. The CPU is a 9800X3D and the GPU is a RX 9070. I do play games but more than that I over-speced this system because I wanted it to last for a while. I also do a bit of software dev so I'll find a use for it all I'm sure. At the rate things are going, getting parts to build a decent system might become a problem in the near future too, at least at reasonable prices. I kind of went overboard on this system to make sure I didn't have to upgrade any time soon.
  7. Of the two I would vote for option 1 as well.
  8. Very windy. So windy the birds are flying backwards. Got woken up a 3am by a trash can - not mine - wandering around on the patio. That windy.
  9. Kinda windy here this morning. A bit on the cool side too, though it is sunny so it will likely warm up later. Nothing like the >90° we had a few days ago however I’m sure!
  10. I bought the bean dip.

    Just one tho.

     

    IMG_3527.jpeg
     

    (And yes, I also bought chips and salsa and beer.)

    1. Ohayotaku

      Ohayotaku

      Until I saw the pic, wasn’t sure if we were talking food or stocks 

    2. efaardvark

      efaardvark

      No stocks for now.  I'm not one to try to catch a falling knife.

      Not sure what I'd buy anyway.  Stocks are ridiculously expensive, even after the "dip".

      The dip wasn't cheap either.  I drive by a grocery store these days and my wallet's $100 lighter.  If I actually go inside and buy anything....

  11. IEEE!  My 403b is now a 300a.  📉  💸 :veryangry:💢

    1. efaardvark

      efaardvark

      Another bad day in the market.  At this rate I'll be able to retire sometime around the year 2092.

    2. Ohayotaku

      Ohayotaku

      “I’ll be working here forever, at least until I die”

       

  12. Thought I'd give Champignon no Majo the 3-ep treatment. Gonna put this in the post-season lineup right next to Ikoku Nikki (aka "Journal with Witch").
  13. Today I rehydrated a ghast. Looks like he's happy. First time I've played with the happy ghasts in survival since they were added.
  14. Shit's getting weird... "AI needs your body" "Get paid when agents need someone in the real world" https://rentahuman.ai/
  15. Suddenly it is 90° in the shade on my patio at noon! Where the heck did winter go??
  16. Suddenly much warmer today. 78F/26C here at sundown. I may have to run the AC to get some sleep tonight!
  17. Welcome to AF. I think it's just a perpetual bedhead.
  18. Welcome! "Hard" science ficrion fan here. Not much of that in anime these days but I'm a fan nevertheless. I'm also a big reader and game player. Reading material is also mainly SF. Gaming would include anything involving crafting or building.
  19. Welcome! I'm a fan of "hard" (scientifically accurate) science fiction. I'll watch anything for the entertainment value, but nothing gets me more excited than an "out-there" science fiction scenario that gets me thinking, "why not?". Unfortunately there's not much SF out there that qualifies these days. Especially anime lately seems to have been taken over by isekai and fantasy. (Damn that truck-kun!) But I also am a bit reader of SF, favorite authors being ones like Clarke, Bradbury, Heinlein, Niven, etc. Long-time subscriber to Analog magazine. Long LONG time... I've had my subscription since '72. I'm normally a binge-watcher of anime. I do the 3-episode test thing about halfway through the season and from that decide what to put on my end-of-season watch list. I did check out Tamon's B-side but like I said I'm into SF so it's not really my thing. I put it in the big slush pile of things I should get around to watching someday when I have extra free time. Lately that's never, but never say never. I have been known to pull out something from that pile if I hear good reviews from other people. Anime's competition for my free time includes reading (above) and gaming. I'm a player of anything involving crafting and building. Minecraft is a long-standing staple. My all-time favorite is / was Kerbal Space Program. Always a good time. Looking forward to Kitten Space Agency as a possible modern successor. I'm intrigued by Hytale - it's not just "minecraft 2.0" - but haven't yet found the time to play it.
  20. So Anthropic is refusing to allow the Pentagon to use it’s AI for mass surveillance and fully autonomous weapons. That in itself is remarkable since Anthropic is not known for holding back when it comes to experimenting with AI. What could go wrong? https://techcrunch.com/2026/02/27/anthropic-vs-the-pentagon-whats-actually-at-stake/
×
×
  • Create New...