Breathtaking visuals but only scratches the surface
Ufotable's breathtaking and epic visuals really brings a cinematic feel to the world that is brought to us in: Tales of Zestiria the X.
This is a nice journey of Sorey - the birth of a new Shepherd, and him helping to unite the Seraphim's powers through his companions: Mikleo, Lailah and Edna. The combat scenes of Sorey having to purify the helions tainted by malevolence were outstanding and really immersive.
My only critique with this title is the character relationships are quite shallow. Although you can really feel Sorey's urge to help others as a Shepherd and princess Alisha's strong conviction with a heart of gold, it feels these characters don't open up to each other enough. Or if they try to, they suddenly get interrupted!!
Overall this is a great fantasy title that has piqued my interest in the Tales of Zestiria franchise! If that was their objective with this adaptation, then it certainly worked on me. Really looking forward to a confirmed Season 2 of this title.
- Breathtaking awesome visuals in a beautiful and immersive world
- Combat scenes really immersive
- Outstanding cinematic soundtrack
- Alisha Diphda is cute and elegant!
- Presumably due to being a game adaption, there is some odd pacing between exposition and action scenes
- Overall pacing feels rushed