The Heroic Legend of Arslan

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]20935-nMV41twhNq93.jpg.e87b04749d0a7cd47468056e34eec2be.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

The mangas story: In the prosperous kingdom of Pars lies the Royal Capital of Ecbatana, a city of splendor and wonder, ruled by the undefeated and fearsome King Andragoras. Arslan is the young and curious prince of Pars who, despite his best efforts, doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a proper king like his father.

At the age of 14, Arslan goes to his first battle and loses everything as the blood-soaked mist of war gives way to scorching flames, bringing him to face the demise of his once glorious kingdom. However, it is Arslan's destiny to be a ruler, and despite the trials that face him, he must now embark on a journey to reclaim his fallen kingdom.

I've heard many good things about the manga, and while I have yet to read it, I have a feeling this is going to be one of the better anime of the season. It seems like the main character will undergo much, and be developed quite a bit. The only thing I could think that might hold this anime back is unnecessary plot armor.

Wow, this was really good. Although, I feel it was a bit rushed as the stuff that he learned about the other kingdom was done rather quickly, but other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

The first episode was a great introduction and I am really looking forward to the second episode.

I enjoyed the kidnapping and how Arslan saves not only the people of his own kingdom but also the Lithuanian child soldier that kidnapped him.

[spoiler=Episode 2]Wow, that was some battle. I wasn't really surprised to see a traitor among their ranks, but how in the world did those two towers appear out of no where? Also, who in their right mind would have fallen for going around? Falling back would have easily been the best option as they probably still outnumbered the other army. Also, if I was leading, I would have anticipated their attack. :P Anyway, really good episode, and can't wait for next week's episode.

[spoiler=Episode 3]Really enjoyed this episode. I was surprised, as it seemed like the opposing army had more soldiers, when in reality, they should have been about on par after their little ambush. The whole scene with the Uncle dying was to be expected, but was really poorly executed. I look forward to seeing what kind of team Arslan makes, and how he will recapture his kingdom.

[spoiler=Episode 3]

I enjoyed the tactics from the Lithuanian's , although they weren't the most commendable tactics , I have to say that they did well and defeated a extremely tough opponent by out-thinking them (with some help from silver mask).

I also liked seeing how the soldiers reacted to the king "running away" .

I am really looking forward to seeing Arslan learn from Narsus and to see his growth over the series along with his group (when they get there).

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Episode 5]Really good episode this week. I thought there would be other traitors, but using the slaves pretty good idea. Also, after watching the ending, it seems that the musician becomes part of Arslan's party as well. I really hope that it doesn't turn out like Akatsuki no Yona and they forget to rap up the show. :P

[spoiler=Episode 6]

I enjoyed seeing more of our mysterious archer's skills , I have to say he is quickly becoming my favorite character in the show.

Really want to find out what Arslan's mother is up to and what silver mask is planning for Ecbatana and Pars as a whole.

[spoiler=Episode 6]They are carrying this out pretty well. Seeing how Arslan was in pain as he could not aid his people, as well as Kharlan seeing people that he wanted to save die as well. That musician was pretty good to tie the silver masked guy, and even using the mask to get an advantage in the battle. I really hope he joins up with Arslan soon.

[spoiler=Episode 7]

It will be interesting to see exactly what Farangis wants with Arslan and what the queen has planned to do by returning to the city.

Seeing the return of the former child soldier that was captured is interesting and I wonder what his role is to be in all of this.

The next episode should be quite action packed , with Arslan going to try save the villages from Kharlan.

[spoiler=Episode 7]

It will be interesting to see exactly what Farangis wants with Arslan and what the queen has planned to do by returning to the city.

Seeing the return of the former child soldier that was captured is interesting and I wonder what his role is to be in all of this.

The next episode should be quite action packed , with Arslan going to try save the villages from Kharlan.

[spoiler=Episode 7]Definitely agree with you, although I did think the former child soldier was kinda weak since he easily lost to the other kid. Seems like Farangis and Gieve will be nice new additions to the main group as well. It should be interesting on how Arslan will be able to stop Kharlan.

• 1 month later...

[spoiler=Episode 13]To be honest, it kinda felt like the animation dropped in this episode, could be wrong though. Anyway, it was a really good episode, and hearing the old man's last words makes me think that Arslan was actually adopted by the king as that would explain his backstory of not growing up as a prince as well. The story itself seems to be progressing smoothly. I really hope to see some more development with Arslan and the future confrontations he must overcome.

Stumbled upon this one as I'm currently going through every landing page and upgrading all the character profiles.

This looks interesting! Is this a decent Adventure title? How is it? :)

Stumbled upon this one as I'm currently going through every landing page and upgrading all the character profiles.

This looks interesting! Is this a decent Adventure title? How is it? :)

Hm... its a bit slow, but the characters are well made, and would definitely suggest watching it. I would say that the only real cliche with this anime is having an ignorant prince leave his home and finding that life outside the castle is nothing like what he expected. Even with this though, the MC is much more calm with decision making, so he doesn't get on your nerves at all. The main strength of this anime comes from the side characters though.

• 3 weeks later...

Good episode this week. It was pretty cool to see Narsus prepared for that guy to betray them, and then just wipe them all out. I am curious how they will fare against the war elephants though.

It was cool seeing Narsus' strategy helped out yet again. Also, will Daryun accept? And will there be an equally skilled warrior in the other side? I have a feeling that there could be a chance for Daryun to be injured in the next episode.

I was actually worried there for a second, and I am a bit surprised Daryun got pushed that far into a corner. Hopefully they can go back and start taking back their own kingdom now. It does feel a bit odd, as they have shown nothing of that other kingdom for 4-5 episodes now.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad episode at all. I was a bit surprised to see that mercenary still alive as well, completely forgot about him. Also, it was rather interesting to see Hermes again. I hope that the final showdown between the four remaining factions start in the next episode. Although, it could end up being filler, I really hope not.

It was nice to finally see Arslan get the resolve he needed to beat his cousin. Only 4 episodes left now, so I suspect that the ending will be rushed. Either way, I'm curious if the one guy who cross dressed in this episode will end up serving Arslan or something of that nature.

Either way, I'm curious if the one guy who cross dressed in this episode will end up serving Arslan or something of that nature.

Pretty sure she's gonna be his waifu lol. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Really liked seeing Arslan harden his resolve and all thanks to Etoile (again).

I'm curious if the one guy who cross dressed in this episode will end up serving Arslan or something of that nature.

I think that guy (Etoile) might actually be a girl.

Maybe... that would actually be really weird. O_O Also, if that were the case, I could see her becoming the queen of Pars at the very end.

It would make sense , the prince who looks like a girl marrying the girl (training to be a knight) who looks like a boy...

Well it makes sense in anime logic :P

HOLY EFFF DUDE! WHY GIEEEEEVVVVVEEE!? Why did he have to leave :'(:'(? Well hopefully he shows up in the final battle. He can't just leave like that. He mah homie...

• Geano locked this topic