[VN] NEKOPARA

Optic

I must admit I don't normally go out of my way to play VNs but I saw this recent release whilst browsing through the Steam holiday sales and was impressed watching the trailer: the animated expressions of the two characters (Vanilla and Chocola) are really smooth and diverse (normally the expressions in many VNs are static).

Just wondering if anyone has tried this one out?

nekopara-steam-visual-novel.thumb.jpg.0c2e7ae40e33d50c558dc5677c2370a7.jpg

Steam link:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/333600/?snr=1_5_9__205

I watched the trailer for this back when it was first announced, and if I remember correctly, I even played the demo for it. But to be honest, I kinda forgot about this game due to fault milestone one coming out around the same time. I might get the game considering it has a score of 8.53 on VNDB. But it will have to wait, as I will be starting my Steins;Gate VN soon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you like dying from cuteness overdose, then I'd definitely recommend Nekopara. I'm not too big into VNs but I really enjoyed this one. The character portraits are absolutely wonderful, especially the fact they are always animated and animated very well at that.

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well just got done with this soooo I thought I'd share my thought about it

So while playing the first thing that struck my eye ofc was the new dynamic animated character models , wich Is pretty new beautiful to say the least because most of VN's just have standstill characters but in Nekopara that little bit of animation makes it so much cuter and just more lively , as for the character cast , well it wasnt too bad ,personality wise it kinda lacked depth , excluding the main character , he's a passionate guy doing his dream job while trying to care about his catgirls (and can't forget Vanilla , she is love <3) So until now everything seems great cute animated catgirls with their cute little voice , heartwarming and beautiful right ? Well I encountered one problem with this game , the gameplay , yea well idk if I even should call it that because its non-existent pretty much , I know its supposed to be a kinetic novel , but that for me takes out all of the fun of a visual novel , whats the fun when you cant actually interact with the story and have influence over it ? well this is just a personal taste , somebody might enjoy it but thats me .

All in all Nekopara is a cute and fluffly VN , so if you like catgirls and dont really mind the static somewhat dull story then you might have a good time with it :P

• 4 months later...

It just occurred to me perhaps I should mention there's another little thing for Nekopara out on steam, I think it was called volume 0. Not a full game, just sort of a silly little side thing. I got it on sale for a dollar or so some time back, but have yet to try it.

• 2 months later...

Oh I COMPLETELY forgot about this game. Still on my to-pllay list. xD

...interestingly it has also come to my attention there is also an 18+ version with eroge scenes which were cut out in the steam version.

Did I forget to mention that...? Oops...

Yeah there are 18+ versions of both volume I and II which you can find on sites that sell other Japanese VNs and the like. However, there also are patches which add that content into the Steam version. For Volume 1 there is a free patch, and for volume 2 there is a patch made available that costs $10 (which combined with the Steam price equals out to the cost of the adult version FYI). There IS a free patch for the second one, but since they made a paid version for it, it may or may not be unethical by some standards.

Edited by Guest