Latest Acquisitions

The History Kid

3 hours ago, RZ. said:

Haibane Renmei Collecters Edition Blu Rays with poster cards

Edit: Don't know why I can't get the image to rotate...

20220408_170019.thumb.jpg.57104edb9da85a119742365a3aaffd3b.jpg

Haibane Renmei is a good series, I've lost count of how many time I've watched it since the DVDs were released. But it still leaves me with unanswered questions though.

I think that you need to rotate the pictures before you upload them.

1 hour ago, Animedragon said:

Haibane Renmei is a good series, I've lost count of how many time I've watched it since the DVDs were released. But it still leaves me with unanswered questions though.

I think that you need to rotate the pictures before you upload them.

It's my plan to finish Texhnolyze and Haiibane Renmei + rewatch Lain by the summer. I've been procrastinating on them for too long.

I did rotate it beforehand but still uploaded in portrait for some reason

9 hours ago, RZ. said:

It's my plan to finish Texhnolyze and Haiibane Renmei + rewatch Lain by the summer. I've been procrastinating on them for too long.

I did rotate it beforehand but still uploaded in portrait for some reason

A bit odd about the picture rotation.  I've had that happen to me a couple of times, I think it's something to do with the graphics editor not saving the rotated image properly. At a guess I'd say there's something in the image file that tells the image viewer which way to display the image and that piece of information is not being correctly saved.

But that's only a guess, I'm not a graphic artist or graphic designer.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Animedragon said:

A bit odd about the picture rotation.  I've had that happen to me a couple of times, I think it's something to do with the graphics editor not saving the rotated image properly. At a guess I'd say there's something in the image file that tells the image viewer which way to display the image and that piece of information is not being correctly saved.

But that's only a guess, I'm not a graphic artist or graphic designer.

I frequently have the rotated-picture problem with uploading pictures taken with my iphone.  Not just here on AF but elsewhere as well.  I've encountered it on 2 different phones and 3 iOS versions but I never have problems with other sources/systems so I've always chalked it up another Apple idiosyncrasy /incompatibility.  As a workaround on my iphone I've found that if I edit the picture, rotate it randomly, save it, edit it again, rotate it to the correct orientation, then save it again then it will usually fix the problem.

A sure-fire workaround is to email the picture to myself then edit it elsewhere.  (If necessary.  Sometimes just the process of exporting it via email seems to correct the orientation.)  On my linux/desktop system I know gimp works - of course - but virtually every editor I've tried works so try with whatever you usually use.  I have the Shotwell viewer as my desktop's default image viewer so Shotwell's built-in editing feature is what I usually use.

hth.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

My new car lol

Nice.

I've never had a new car, they've all been second hand. Although my current car could almost count as a new one as it was only 11 months old when I bought it.  It was a leasing company return, I've no idea why the previous owner returned it, I've had it 4 1/2 years now and not found anything I don't like about it.

• Like 1

New hats to use on lunch break jogs now that the weather is getting warmer. 

Blue water bottle and a new mountain bike. Getting ready to clear my head for Sumner, before a lot of work starts coming in. 

On 5/12/2022 at 8:08 AM, Animedragon said:

A new drum unit for my laser printer, not an exciting item, but very important.

I just did that a couple months ago.  Important yes, and not cheap.  Fortunately not often either.  <knock on wood>

• Like 1

3 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I just did that a couple months ago.  Important yes, and not cheap.  Fortunately not often either.  <knock on wood>

I bought a cheap compatible unit from Amazon, no way can I afford the genuine item from the manufacturers, same goes for toner cartridges.

Got a external blu-ray/dvd player for my PC. Set up Leawo as the PC software player. Just so I can enjoy my anime without obnoxious locked subtitles in the openings. If I want to watch Kill la Kill or Made in Abyss without subtitles displayed over all the foreign text and opening/endings that should be my choice. So at least this set up now lets me do that. 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1