Latest Acquisitions

The History Kid

I know, I know..."there's a tech post!"  Yes...there is.  However, we are anime-fans.  There-to-fore we buy stuff.  Lots of stuff.  You know...blu-rays, figures, questionable eastern erotic plush pillows (I am just GLARING at you Mr. Elon Musk!)...

So, what's the latest that you have added to your acquisition?  Doesn't have to be tech, doesn't have to be anime.

Me?  I added a light.

Just a light.  With USB ports.  And a bulb.  - Oh and I guess I bought a nightstand with it.

• Funny 1

Not much here recently.  I just did a major upgrade of my computer at the end of last year, then right after that a tree fell on my old car and I had to buy a new one, then there was a trip to Las Vegas for my brother's wedding in March.  Since then I've had to stop buying stuff for a while. 📉  :)  I did recently spend a little money ($15) on the Breaking Ground expansion/DLC for Kerbal Space Program, if that counts.  That's about it for me though.

I'm also considering an e-reader/notepad/sketchpad like the Boox Note or Note Pro, but that's still future-tense at this point.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The History Kid said:

I know, I know..."there's a tech post!"  Yes...there is.  However, we are anime-fans.  There-to-fore we buy stuff.  Lots of stuff.  You know...blu-rays, figures, questionable eastern erotic plush pillows (I am just GLARING at you Mr. Elon Musk!)...

So, what's the latest that you have added to your acquisition?  Doesn't have to be tech, doesn't have to be anime.

Me?  I added a light.

Just a light.  With USB ports.  And a bulb.  - Oh and I guess I bought a nightstand with it.

i bought this new graphics tablet that can be used on the phone ^_^

61836967_2317092011840059_2154983790475214848_n.thumb.jpg.cda5400439f54619fc5d87e1fbd0e1df.jpg61966824_2317089698506957_3975605446403686400_n.thumb.jpg.f386654ee7818a9317a2eb328e77fd99.jpg

its pretty useless compared to my old one though, superior xp-pen bluetooth race <_>

(also yes, my tables dirty, bite me >.<)

• Like 1

I don’t collect stuff, I’m more of an anti collector 🤣 I go through and purge our things regularly.

Hubs is the collector. Always bringing something home.. let’s see, Friday it was a new fishing pole he found at the thrift store, and a new sports bag, for kids mind you. This will be used in about 4 years from now. Lol

The Campaigns of the British Army at Washington and New Orleans 1814-1815  and Subaltern: Chronicle of the Peninsular War          by G.R Gleig (especially the second book has a very beautiful, yet horrifying and depressing depiction about the reality of war at that time (and probably today) by someone who saw it first hand.)

And two books I've waited for long: The Tavels of Ibn-Batutah by ...well Ibn-Batutah the man himself and The Thirteen Books of Elements (1 - 3) by... do I even need to say it :P

That should fill my book craving (and empty my  pockets) until next month. Originally wanted to save up for a Mechanical Keyboard and the next Durarara!! volumes but yeah... not going to happen for a time now..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Recently got a Steelseries Apex 100 which isnt bad for the $30 or so i payed. its not exactly a mechanical keyboard by any means but it uses "Quick Tension Switches" which im not entirely sure how its different. i believe its membrane switches that mimic the feeling of mechanical ones. overall besides the fact that it only has a blue color option its solid for the price.

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had to buy a new mouse because my old one broke. Got the Logitech MX master 2S for 50 Euros (bit less than 56 $) since I'm kind of limited to which mouse I can  buy. If its too small my wrists starts hurting fairly fast so I chose a mouse where my hand could rest one while using. Also I just realized that I got it fairly cheap - most online stores sell it for 75 - 80 $.

Anyway - there goes more money for the mechanical keyboard I wanted to save up for...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased:

- 20 feet of 10 gauge aluminium wire

- masking tape

- small wooden sticks

- wire cutters

- a few bolts of cloth

Now, from that list, can anyone guess as to what I did with all of it?

• 2 weeks later...

Dang, that looks like a fantastic set.

On 8/9/2019 at 4:01 PM, Humbby said:

Babymetal CD's

Neat. I have their first album as well, but want to pick up the second one sometime. And their third, when it comes out soon...

---

Got some new CDs
The Ocean Collective: Pelagial and instrumental version of Phanerozoic I
Dream Theater CD: Images And Words and Metropolis Pt. II
Southern Empire: Civilisation

Also got a new cabinet for them.

IMG_1440.thumb.JPG.a92f47726745b3899efdbbd8fa01bdc6.JPGIMG_1444.thumb.JPG.e6fd24620a8931fe42fffc60267182f3.JPG

• Like 2

I needed a 2nd monitor Really badly, My main monitor Is an Acer so i decided to get another Acer, It was On sale (10% not much) so I decided Its time to get 1.
It didnt need to be another 27 inch, 24 was fine (saves me another 50$) and I'm happy about It. I got the AcerKG241.                   119$

20190823_213031.thumb.jpg.240914fbc06b37b99b320feddfb17e3b.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, The History Kid said:

Bluray Player

A disc player??  How... retro.  :D 

I can say things like that since I still have an old VHS tape player. 😮  Though these days I mostly rip all my discs to the hard drive as soon as I get them, then put the disc(s) on the shelf, basically un-played.  (Plex and Synology FTW!)

2 hours ago, The History Kid said:

Bandwidth and computer hardware still hasn't caught up yet in physical quality...the DAC's and formatting boards in disc players are still way beyond anything computer hardware is capable of right now, and bandwidth on high speed lines is just not ready for full 4K passthru in all areas yet.

All true, but I'm old enough that I can't even SEE in 4k, so until & unless somebody comes up with bionic eyes all that's wasted on me.  Regular 1920x1080p HD is about my limit.  They gave me 96dpi widescreens at work last time they updated my workstation & I had to increase the font size because I couldn't read anything anymore.  Kind of a good news, bad news thing goin' on there.  🤨

Anyway, for me the convenience of files trumps the quality of discs/players.  I'll probably never upgrade to 4k or whatever they're calling the SCFE UHD resolution(s) beyond that.  I literally can't see the benefits, and like you say the file sizes and bandwidth requirements are huge.

• Like 1