Latest Acquisitions

The History Kid

On 2/9/2024 at 6:54 PM, Sakura said:

I got a Sai Funko Pop and a Boruto plushie today! Totally in love with the Boruto plushie 💜 🥰

Hide contents

rkXd7hR.png

fL5aqsy.png 

VkvEoLP.png

They're both so adorable~ X3

5 hours ago, Sakura said:

Thanks ^^ I want the MItsuki plushie but Boruto was all I could find for sale for now. 

I bet you'll be able to get the Mitsuki plushie when it's on sale. It seems like everything goes on sale sooner or later. ^^

1 hour ago, Wild Emotion said:

They're both so adorable~ X3

I bet you'll be able to get the Mitsuki plushie when it's on sale. It seems like everything goes on sale sooner or later. ^^

I hope so, the problem is that I just can't find the specific one I want for sale anywhere right now. I did find a Mitsuki acrylic stand tonight though that I bought so I guess that'll have to do for now.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

4 hours ago, Sakura said:

I hope so, the problem is that I just can't find the specific one I want for sale anywhere right now. I did find a Mitsuki acrylic stand tonight though that I bought so I guess that'll have to do for now.

I didn't know they made different ones for a character. I just thought they made one design for each character. Is the Mitsuki plushie new? Like, was it released recently? I'm glad you still got a Mitsuki merch though. After reading about him when I looked him up, I can see why he's such a likable character. ^^

On 2/9/2024 at 8:54 PM, Sakura said:

I got a Sai Funko Pop and a Boruto plushie today! Totally in love with the Boruto plushie 💜 🥰

Reveal hidden contents

rkXd7hR.png

fL5aqsy.png 

VkvEoLP.png

Nice burrito 👍 lol.

• Funny 2

This is a little late, but...

for Christmas I was gifted -

Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

15 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

This is a little late, but...

for Christmas I was gifted -

Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig

Better late than never, eh? 😎

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

On 2/11/2024 at 4:54 AM, Wild Emotion said:

I didn't know they made different ones for a character. I just thought they made one design for each character. Is the Mitsuki plushie new? Like, was it released recently? I'm glad you still got a Mitsuki merch though. After reading about him when I looked him up, I can see why he's such a likable character. ^^

There are multiple different ones lol I've no idea when it was released though I just saw a specific one I wanted but I can't find that one for sale anywhere 😭 I got a Mitsuki standee today though, I'll post a pic of it later.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

6 hours ago, Sakura said:

There are multiple different ones lol I've no idea when it was released though I just saw a specific one I wanted but I can't find that one for sale anywhere 😭 I got a Mitsuki standee today though, I'll post a pic of it later.

I bet you'll find one at some point, you just need to be patient. ^^ I'm glad you were still able to get a Mitsuki merch though~

Not actually acquired yet, but

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-02-17/anime-limited-shout-studios-to-release-a-place-further-than-the-universe-anime-on-bd-in-n-america/.207690

Took long enough for a physical release of one of CR’s standout exclusive titles. $85.48 with my CR subscriber discount certainly ain’t cheap, but was actually expecting it to be more given the format

spacer.png

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

4 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Not actually acquired yet, but

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-02-17/anime-limited-shout-studios-to-release-a-place-further-than-the-universe-anime-on-bd-in-n-america/.207690

Took long enough for a physical release of one of CR’s standout exclusive titles. $85.48 with my CR subscriber discount certainly ain’t cheap, but was actually expecting it to be more given the format

spacer.png

Oooooooooooooooo Interesting!! Thanks for pointing this release out.  And what's even better is that there's going to be a UK release. I really liked this series, but the £50 pre-order price is a bit steep, but then again there's a lot in the package.

I think this is going to be one of those times when I'll buy something and regret it when I get my credit card bill, but I'll regret it even more if I don't take advantage of the pre-order price.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 5:05 PM, Animedragon said:

Oooooooooooooooo Interesting!! Thanks for pointing this release out.  And what's even better is that there's going to be a UK release. I really liked this series, but the £50 pre-order price is a bit steep, but then again there's a lot in the package.

I think this is going to be one of those times when I'll buy something and regret it when I get my credit card bill, but I'll regret it even more if I don't take advantage of the pre-order price.

OK, so today I dragged my credit card out from where it was hiding and placed my order for this. 🙂

I just bought a blu-ray of Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (the English dub), X the Series (DVD), and a new 128gb memory card for my Switch (which makes 3 separate 128gb memory cards for it now). I got those 2 anime because big sis' got me X: the Movie and the first Ghost in the Shell on DVD. She got me Ghost in the Shell (1995) first since it was released sooner than X: The Movie which was released in 2001. I didn't understand a lot of the philosophical and existential aspects of Ghost in the Shell since I was in my younger teenage years, but I've always loved that movie because big sis' trusted me to be mature enough to watch it and knew I could handle it. It was a Christmas present, but before she gave it to me she asked mom if she could talk to her in mom's and dad's room. I was kind of confused and was really wondering what was going on, I definitely remember that. lol Apparently though big sis' wanted to ok it with mom first before she gave me the DVD of Ghost in the Shell given it was a film aimed toward adult audiences. I still have absolutely no idea what the conversation was between them, but big sis' got mom to agree to give me that movie as a Christmas present from big sis'. I was ecstatic when she came out with the DVD of GitS in her hand and I think I even got wide-eyed. lol Sis' got me X: the Movie either the next year or the year after that, but I can't remember if it was a Christmas present or birthday present. I've loved that movie for a long time, too. ^^ I've been meaning to get the DVDs of X the Series, but only managed to do it recently. I remember someone I met at some point a long time ago said I should see the X the Series which is the first time I heard of the series. Apparently the series released after the movie though. I'm amazed I've been able to get one. ^^ Everything about X (movie and series) and the first 2 Ghost in the Shell movies will always remind me of big sis', so I'm really excited to finally have those so I don't have to constantly worry that I might not get either one. ^^ It makes me remember how big sis' would always be thinking of me, her little brother, and those first 2 anime movies she ever got me will always spark memories of her when I watch them or my 2 new purchases from those franchises.

Edited by Wild Emotion
  • Like 1

I bought Akira - 25th Anniversary Edition on Bluray.

I've mentioned before that Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Outlaw Star were the anime titles that took me further down the anime rabbit hole as a teenager, and for the most part they did. However, it was both Ninja Scroll and Akira that were my introduction to how bloody, gory and adult-themed anime could be. I watched NS sometime before I watched Akira, and then CB, Trigun and OS I discovered shortly thereafter on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim. I'm sure that compared to other titles that came before them, perhaps even some after, they might be considered rather mild. But for me, those were the first titles of that kind I ever saw.

• 2 weeks later...

My latest acquisition is a new pair of glasses. My vision hasn't changed that much so I could have got away with not having new glasses, but the old ones are 10 years old and have gained some scuffing on them, so I thought it was time I got a new pair. 👓

So far 2024 is turning out to be an expensive year and we're only two and a bit months into it.  😱

On 3/11/2024 at 5:27 PM, Animedragon said:

My latest acquisition is a new pair of glasses. My vision hasn't changed that much so I could have got away with not having new glasses, but the old ones are 10 years old and have gained some scuffing on them, so I thought it was time I got a new pair. 👓

So far 2024 is turning out to be an expensive year and we're only two and a bit months into it.  😱

Congratulations! New specs!

• Like 2

I've bought myself a new monopod. Monopods are a lot lighter and easier to carry about than a tripod but still provide a stable support for a video camera,  and when filming at railway stations they don't attract the attention of the platform staff who tend to complain about tripods causing an obstruction.

Personally, I think that suitcases, cycles and pushchairs are a bigger obstruction, but the platform staff don't see them like that.

Got yet another pin for my collection.  This one marks the end of the CloudSat mission / spacecraft, which is shutting down after almost 20 years in orbit and quite a few discoveries about how clouds affect the Earth's climate.  This one is a pretty nice one, with good detail on the solar panels and spacecraft body.  Two metal layers, the upper one fitted into a dug-out area on the lower one, give the pin a lot of texture too, as well as a bit of heft.

image.thumb.png.5ecb938aa81e8a87e7c5362562bb71b3.png

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought Devil May Cry 1 & 2 as well as Front Mission 2 Remake on Switch. I already had DMC3, but had to wait to get the others and I've been anticipating the FM2 Remake for some time now. I know it's got some translation issues and possibly other issues, but I don't really care if it means I get to play it in English. ^^ This'll be my first time playing it.