Jump Force?

VampireKnight19

Hey :)

I was wondering if any of you have played Jump Force at all? And is it worth 50 pound? I'm drawn to it with it being an Anime fighting game. But don't know whether I should pay full price or wait till its on sale. 

20 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

I had originally pre-ordered it, but backed out when I saw all of the glaring issues it had on release.  I will still probably get it some time, but it certainly didn't appear to be worth the $60 it was at the time.  Then again, I'm picky about my expense on games and demand a game be in its final form before dropping cash on it.  That's why I stopped playing all of the KH games, it just never seemed to me like SquareEnix knew how to FINISH a game before releasing it.  I'm not a fan of companies using the "and another thing" approach to their product.

Ah okay. I may as well just wait until its on special then. I don't usually pay full price for a game. Think I've only ever done it twice. 

I was seriously disappointed in Jump Force. I was hoping it was going to be like Destiny in a way where you have a lobby for non fighting and finding friends to join you then heading off to almost open world planets. However, it's more like one large lobby and playing in stage fighting then after the fight you go back to said lobby. Kind of like that Naruto Shinobi Strikers game or even that Dragonball Z Xenoverse game. 

Edited by EnviousEnvy
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

I'd be fired - a lot - out of a cannon into the river - for shipping something at 30% complete like so many of these companies do.

Same here.  If I did my job like that I wouldn't have my job.  This isn't just game companies either.  The whole software industry does it, up to and including the OS vendors.  (Except maybe some open-source stuff that's actually used by the people who programmed it.)  Worse, the "updates" to "fix bugs" are tied to the new feature releases, so if you just want upgrade to fix the bugs - to get the actual functionality that you've already paid for IOW - then they feel justified in charging you more $$$ because of the new features.  And of course the new features have their own bugs (and/or force you into other unwanted compromises like paying for otherwise unneeded new hardware), and the cycle repeats.  It is an industry-wide scam that preys on clueless, gullible consumers.

• Like 1