What's the weather like where you are?

VampireKnight19

20 minutes ago, TheSmolestAnimeNerd said:

i seen that the bottome of England was supposed to hit over 40c and there an amber alert out for extreme heat. i think i would actually die, but we've been at 21c to 27c for far too warm, im dying at work everyday now

I'm retired now, but I used to operate high volume copiers which pumped out heat with enthusiasm. So I feel your pain at working in high temperatures, been there, suffered that.

It's very hot and sunny. The temperature is currently 36c and slowly rising. 😱

About an hour ago I went out to hang some washing on the line, it only took about 10 minutes but in that short time I was nearly a cooked Animedragon. 🥵

• Funny 1

Humid and hot here. Status quo for the region this time of year. We seem to be in the dog days of summer though. It's been raining and storming on and off.

Got a “red flag” warning for tomorrow night and into Saturday.  High temps, single-digit humidity, and gusty winds to 40 MPH make for extremely dangerous brushfire conditions here in SoCal.

Finally a break from the extended heatwave. Highs are supposed to be in the low 80s(F) all week. But there’s chances of rain everyday too.

It was sunny for the most part today, but now it's overcast. Still humid as all get-out. They aren't calling for rain, but the way this NC weather can get, who knows? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by viruxx

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke too soon! The hot weather is back and it's 30+c Celsius each day 😱 a temperature that leaves me with no energy and little incentive to do anything. It's so hot outside that opening the front door and standing on the doorstep was like entering an oven. 🥵

It's still quite warm, but the serious heat of the past few days is no more. There's even a very light drizzle of rain, which is very welcome after such a long hot spell.  Actually, we could do with a few days of light rain to soften up the parched earth because if we get a lot of rain all at once it won't be able to soak into the ground and we'll have some serious flooding.

We've had some serious rain this afternoon. Of course it didn't start until I'd reached the bottom of the High Street and had to walk all the way home in the rain.  I didn't think I could get that soaked in just 600 yards. 🥴

Leaves are starting to fall from trees, and it's starting to get a tad bit cooler, seeing slight changes in the weather...
Fall is surely coming, which I am excited for..

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, PogFrog said:

Leaves are starting to fall from trees, and it's starting to get a tad bit cooler, seeing slight changes in the weather...
Fall is surely coming, which I am excited for..

Fall, or autumn as we crazy Brits call it, is a nice time of year but it does herald the coming of winter which is a season I don't like because it's cold and I don't like cold weather. 

• Agree 1

On 8/17/2022 at 4:32 PM, Animedragon said:

Fall, or autumn as we crazy Brits call it, is a nice time of year but it does herald the coming of winter which is a season I don't like because it's cold and I don't like cold weather. 

I prefer the term autumn myself & it’s my favorite time of the year. Drier than spring, without the heat & bugs of summer. Hoping some of the heat from this summer will result in a mild winter, but will most likely go to the other extreme. 
We had a couple weeks of highs in the low 80s, but looking at another stretch of mid to high 80s with pop-up thunderstorms ahead.

• Agree 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

It was absolutely pouring cats and dogs in Columbus yesterday. It looked a bit like the aftermath of a tropical depression/low-grade hurricane in the German Village area. Tree limbs were down, power was out, some streets were flooded, etc. Got soaked trying to run inside the restaurant. But there was a really nice, cool breeze blowing through for most of the weekend. Perfect weather for smoking a pipe (and maybe a cigar or three). 😁

It's a little cooler in NC, but still muggy. I'm so ready for autumn to kick in. Just hope it won't be a humid one.