Wedgy

Best anime fights

What is, in your opinion, the best fight scene you've ever watched in anime? What did you like about it?

For me, there have been a number of them which were exciting, but I've always really liked the fight between Wrath and Gluttony we get to see in FMA:CS. 
Be warned- it's a moderately graphic one. Also, big spoils ahead if you've never watched the 2003 FMA.

The reason I like it is because in the 2003 FMA, (which everyone seemed to have sadly forgotten about after FMA:B was produced,) Wrath was the resulting homunculus when Izumi attempted human transmutation on her stillborn son. He had a rocky and confusing existence which led up to a second chance at life due largely thanks to Ed's wishes- unfortunately, it didn't come without existential issues and a need to be with his mother. In this scene, it's a mixed bag of feels as we find out what became of Gluttony, who was left to his own devices in the Underground City at the end of FMA. Wrath makes the best of what is otherwise an unwinnable fight against this behemoth, and the end result is some bittersweet closure.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry a bit.

Edited by Wedgy
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I love many of the Claymore anime fights, but a highly anticipated one was

Claire’s awakening against Rigardo.

The series has lots of amazing characters who sacrifice their all for their comrades so Claire is just one of my favorites, but since This fight includes a lot of the other characters it’s one of my favorite fights in the show.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seshi said:

I love many of the Claymore anime fights, but a highly anticipated one was

Hide contents

Claire’s awakening against Rigardo.

The series has lots of amazing characters who sacrifice their all for their comrades so Claire is just one of my favorites, but since This fight includes a lot of the other characters it’s one of my favorite fights in the show.

Was not expecting that conclusion. I should watch this anime. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

Was not expecting that conclusion. I should watch this anime. 

Yeeeeesssss!

Unfortunately the anime is very strongly departed from the manga when it comes to the ending 🙁

Ive still rewatched it a LOT because it’s my favorite, but reading the manga was even superior.

5 hours ago, Seshi said:

Yeeeeesssss!

Unfortunately the anime is very strongly departed from the manga when it comes to the ending 🙁

Ive still rewatched it a LOT because it’s my favorite, but reading the manga was even superior.

I haven't picked up a manga in half past ever! I suppose if I'm curious enough I could check them both out? 

• Like 1

hitman reborn, tsuna vs xanxus

black cat, eve vs leon

boku no hero academia, all might vs all for one

the guyver, guyver vs super Hyperzoinoid

Fate/Zero, Emiya Kiritsugu vs Kotomine Kirei maybe one of the best fights in anime

magi the kingdom of magic, anytime morgiana fights

samurai champloo, jin vs kariya

yu yu hakusho, yusuke vs toguro

rurouni kenshin kenshin vs shishio

Baki the grappler, Baki vs Jack.

vandread, the final battle

one punch man, saitama vs the space pirate king

Jojos bizzarre adventure,  joseph vs cars

jojo's bizarre adventure part 3, jojo vs dio

Edited by Serge heartless

Rurouni Kenshin - Kenshin vs Saito. Probably my favorite. The darkness of the scene is just great. And then when Kenshin gets those yellow eyes, Damn!

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Saitama vs Boros

That's something difficult to say.
Boxing anime have great fighting sequences.
Of course I like ninja fights or fights with characters with magic powers too. Yu yu Hakusho has some memorable fightning scenes, specially in the 1st season during the Dark Tournament.
But when the fight is more physical, it gets more intense to me.

One good one I think is Baki Hanma vs. Shinogi in Baki the Grappler: Ultimate Fighter OVA.
Find this clip from the film but it's kinda lame.

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

There are several good ones  but from this season it must be AOT season 3 first half - Kennys Squad vs Levi.

Spoiler

This is the result when one madman fights another in a world full of cruelty and bloodshed. What could be better than two Ackerman fight each other. Levi as badass as always.

But overall there are only 3 anime fights popping up in my head.

Spoiler

This is one of the few sword fights I would gladly rewatch. Animation is just slick. Background music is fitting.

Spoiler

The anime my pfp derives from. Unfortunately, the majority of the fights are amvs. I will put the amv as well just in case.

Spoiler

It's his way saying he is back from retirement. Actually there are other great anime fights but I can't seem to find the clip to the corresponding fights.

Edited by Muco
trying to edit this for the 99999 time and finally managed to pull it off
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kogure said:

That's something difficult to say.
Boxing anime have great fighting sequences.
Of course I like ninja fights or fights with characters with magic powers too. Yu yu Hakusho has some memorable fightning scenes, specially in the 1st season during the Dark Tournament.
But when the fight is more physical, it gets more intense to me.

One good one I think is Baki Hanma vs. Shinogi in Baki the Grappler: Ultimate Fighter OVA.
Find this clip from the film but it's kinda lame.

Me: What a strange technique, where is he trying to put those fingers exactly...? 

Also me, about 1:00 in: OH LAWD

• Funny 2

6 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

Me: What a strange technique, where is he trying to put those fingers exactly...? 

Eh... I think it's better not to ask him 😅

Just remembered another one with great fighting moments, Ranma 1/2.

Edited by Kogure
  • Funny 1

Baki 2001 series is more complete then the OVA. Since 2001 baki has all the fights to the tournament arc. Season 2 comes next which was the 2018 series. which is the 5 prisoner arc.  Its hard to pick a best in Fate/stay night 2014 since all the fights are really good 

Edited by Serge heartless

The roof top fight seen in the first Kara no Kyoukai movie is among my favourites. There are probably better, more epic and emotionally more impactful fights in the later movies, but that one got me hooked on the series and is still pretty darn epic

Spoiler

Another one is Kagenui vs Araragi from Nisemonogatari - nothing's better than seeing Araragi getting beaten up! (though the resolution in the second part is the best part...)

Spoiler

• Like 1

I'll share a ffew of my favorites  the videos will be behind spoilers.

Spoiler

• Like 1