Stardew Valley

VampireKnight19

I am currently on playing Stardew Valley, played it for about 54 hours so far. Decided to start a new save. I've named my farmer after my daughter :) and my farm is called Smallville Farm.

I was wondering if any of you guys play it. What have you named your character and your farm?

Hehe, many of us play this. I've got 4 saves....an Allessandra (married Sebastian), an Aurora (married Shane) and my latest named Thomas (currently unmarried-he's my attempt at 1 million in earnings in under 1 year on the farm (unless I really make the last two seasons work, I'm not going to make it...he'salso going to be my Joja Mart loyalist). Think I've made a Shady Acres among some other farm names. Not going to say my favorite farm. 

After Thomas I might start up a fisherman save and just go fishing every day with minimal farming just for my own kitchen recipes. Most of mine I'm pretty much farming, kegs, with a couple of barns. Or perhaps I'll make a Rancher and live the ranch life... so many different styles I have yet to try out.

1 hour ago, Beocat said:

Hehe, many of us play this. I've got 4 saves....an Allessandra (married Sebastian), an Aurora (married Shane) and my latest named Thomas (currently unmarried-he's my attempt at 1 million in earnings in under 1 year on the farm (unless I really make the last two seasons work, I'm not going to make it...he'salso going to be my Joja Mart loyalist). Think I've made a Shady Acres among some other farm names. Not going to say my favorite farm. 

After Thomas I might start up a fisherman save and just go fishing every day with minimal farming just for my own kitchen recipes. Most of mine I'm pretty much farming, kegs, with a couple of barns. Or perhaps I'll make a Rancher and live the ranch life... so many different styles I have yet to try out.

Yay, I am far too addicted. I mainly do the farming and mining side of it. I'm useless at the fishing and I haven't got enough money to upgrade my house yet with a kitchen on to make recipes so I'm not that far through it yet. I am getting there with it. I'm level 1 on mining, foraging and farming at the moment :) 

One of my favorite past time games. I have mine for the Switch. I'm still only in my first year and I'm focusing on a little of everything (farming, fishing, mining, etc.) and winning over Sebastian's heart.

5 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

One of my favorite past time games. I have mine for the Switch. I'm still only in my first year and I'm focusing on a little of everything (farming, fishing, mining, etc.) and winning over Sebastian's heart.

I can't seem to do the fishing, I'm terrible at it lol 

On 6/15/2019 at 2:57 AM, VampireKnight19 said:

I can't seem to do the fishing, I'm terrible at it lol 

I was too but it took me awhile to get the hang of it. After you level up a few times you can unlock a type of bobber that makes the green bar slightly longer so it's not as difficult to catch fish. It has been my lifesaver a few times honestly, lol. 

6 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

I was too but it took me awhile to get the hang of it. After you level up a few times you can unlock a type of bobber that makes the green bar slightly longer so it's not as difficult to catch fish. It has been my lifesaver a few times honestly, lol. 

Ah okay I'm glad to hear that :)

Edited by VampireKnight19
  • Like 1

@VampireKnight19 best advice I can give on fishing is not to press and hold the reel button. Tap it and vary your tapping speed as needed to keep the bar in the right range. If you have access to the sewers, go fishing there to practice on carp till you really get the hang of it (easier to level up in the sewers too which makes your bar bigger too).

My big fail will always be The Prairie King Arcarde Game. Still haven't gotten past the second level. =/

7 hours ago, Beocat said:

@VampireKnight19 best advice I can give on fishing is not to press and hold the reel button. Tap it and vary your tapping speed as needed to keep the bar in the right range. If you have access to the sewers, go fishing there to practice on carp till you really get the hang of it (easier to level up in the sewers too which makes your bar bigger too).

My big fail will always be The Prairie King Arcarde Game. Still haven't gotten past the second level. =/

How did you get the sewer opened??

58 minutes ago, EnviousEnvy said:

How did you get the sewer opened??

Donate enough stuff to the museum and it will happen... somehow I'm halfway through fall in my first year on the file and still not in yet =/ usually I've got it open by now...

3 hours ago, Beocat said:

Donate enough stuff to the museum and it will happen... somehow I'm halfway through fall in my first year on the file and still not in yet =/ usually I've got it open by now...

Ooh, okay, lol. I'm almost through my first winter and I haven't opened it yet. Guess I'll focus on the museum to get it opened!