Just looking around to see if this is right for me

Endynyp

Hello all! I'm Endynyp or Endy for short. I'm on another forum site that I really like, but I thought, if I like one, why not two? :P I love anime, video games, books, mixology, and everything even remotely geek-tastic. My favorite anime is xxxHolic, and my favorite character in that anime is Yuuko Ichihara (followed by Mokona). I'm mostly just looking to chit chat and make more friends. I look forward to getting to know all of you. :)

• Like 2

Welcome, glad you found this place :) I joined these forums because the activity on  my one old one had been declining for quite a while, and it quickly became my new favorite. People here are really easy to talk to.

You say XXXholic is your favorite anime, do you like any other CLAMP series (Cardcaptor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth, Kobato, etc.)? Some recommendations for series similar to XXXholic would be: The Ancient Magus Bride, The Morose Monokean, Mushishi, Midnight Occult Civil Servants & Beautiful Bones. For the record, Beautiful Bones doesn’t deal with the supernatural, but the two MCs remind me of Yuko & Kimihiro

Anyway, hopefully you find enough things that interest you to stick around.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 2

On 6/15/2019 at 11:31 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Welcome, glad you found this place :) I joined these forums because the activity on  my one old one had been declining for quite a while, and it quickly became my new favorite. People here are really easy to talk to.

You say XXXholic is your favorite anime, do you like any other CLAMP series (Cardcaptor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth, Kobato, etc.)? Some recommendations for series similar to XXXholic would be: The Ancient Magus Bride, The Morose Monokean, Mushishi, Midnight Occult Civil Servants & Beautiful Bones. For the record, Beautiful Bones doesn’t deal with the supernatural, but the two MCs remind me of Yuko & Kimihiro

Anyway, hopefully you find enough things that interest you to stick around.

That is amazing!!! I love everything CLAMP does even when it's not very good. ;) Also, you just listed some of my favorite anime (especially Mushishi) Though, I have never watched Beautiful Bones. I am going to have to add that to my list. 

On 6/15/2019 at 10:21 AM, Endynyp said:

Hello all! I'm Endynyp or Endy for short. I'm on another forum site that I really like, but I thought, if I like one, why not two? :P I love anime, video games, books, mixology, and everything even remotely geek-tastic. My favorite anime is xxxHolic, and my favorite character in that anime is Yuuko Ichihara (followed by Mokona). I'm mostly just looking to chit chat and make more friends. I look forward to getting to know all of you. :)

Greetings! I welcome you to Anime Forums.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Endynyp said:

Though, I have never watched Beautiful Bones. I am going to have to add that to my list

Happy to bring this one to more people’s attention. The only real complaint I have is it’s only a single cour leaving a lot of unresolved issues. It definitely tops my list of series I wish would get a continuation. There’s also some CGI sequences that didn’t look very good or seem to fit, but if memory serves it was less frequent in the later episodes.

Glad you’re feeling welcome, hope to see you around.

7 hours ago, Endynyp said:

Thanks everyone! Kaga Koko and brycec! It's nice to see I already have friends here!

I am kind of surprised to see that you have been here for a while, before making your intro.

Anyway, there are a few others you should be able to recognize, but they have not been as active.

Oh well. Feel free to look around.

18 hours ago, brycec said:

I am kind of surprised to see that you have been here for a while, before making your intro.

Anyway, there are a few others you should be able to recognize, but they have not been as active.

Oh well. Feel free to look around.

Yea, I started out in lurk mode. Lurks are an important part of the process. ;)

• Agree 1