What Movie rental services do you use?

Seshi

I have a redbox by my house.. Okay, like 5 of them near my house... So I pass them all the time and sometimes end up stopping and checking out what’s new.

Recently I watched “The Upside”, a movie with Kevin Hart (can’t resist) and Bryan Cranston. It was hilarious and quite touching otherwise, I’d watch it again - right. So we forgot to return it, and I’m fixin to just pay the $25 to keep the movie, but then I realize it’s going to be more like $60 due to all the daily charges as well 😳 omg no, I’m going to have to find that movie and bring it back now 🤣 Sorry for the rambles.

Still... I like these services. I also like to rent movies online through prime video, but I’d much rather buy them digitally than rent.

What renting services (if any) do you use?

We have only 1 video rental place in town that still rents movies, and also has a upstairs area. They seem to be doing fine, all their movies are on dvd and bluray.  Older movies they let you rent for a week. Newer movies is like 2 days I think.  The coffee shop they have also makes them money, if people just want to hang out and drink. 

Edited by Serge heartless
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 2

I haven’t seen an actual video rental place in years. I’m glad you still have one around. Mine was my favorite hang out spot when I was younger, because there was a small pool hall in the back.

I do not really use rentals services, as the movies I want to watch are only going to be available to purchase, but I would use either Amazon video or iTunes, preferably the latter, since I actually get a file.

• Useful 1

• 1 month later...

I miss going to BlockBuster as a kid and renting movies ;/ I used to see RedBox a lot and I've used it a few times but I don't see them anywhere anymore around here. Usually any movie I want to watch I can find online or I just use Netflix/Hulu to find something these days.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I suppose Netflix can sort of count as "renting," right? Lmao there's nowhere to rent physical movies here. So if you're going to rent, it has to be digital. We tried borrowing from the local library for a bit, but a lot of the discs aren't in the greatest condition so we gave up on that idea. 

• 1 month later...

Movies don't hold my attention any more -  unless it's an anime movie that is. Services I use to use include BlockBuster and Global Video.

But, if there was a movie I wanted to watch - I'd either stream it on Netflix or Amazon Prime - of it that wasn't an option I'd just buy it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

None/Netflix

I don't use any as I don't usually watch movies. I kinda get restless unless I get very invested.

When I do watch a movie it is because a movie-loving friend forces me into watching one with her when she thinks I will love it, and her goto for movies is Netflix. Admittedly, she usually is right~

• 1 year later...

Years ago it seemed like every high street had a video rental shop, I don't know of any round my way now.
I've never used one anyway because I prefer to own rather then rent.

I did have a look in my local one once, just to see what they had, and I was amused to see that everything in the shop had a sticker on it saying "please rewind before returning" even the DVDs had this sticker which suggested to me that the shop staff didn't understand how DVDs worked.