Heyo

dirudiru

Hi!
I'm dirudiru. I came across this site when looking for a good old forum for anime stuff. Pretty excited to have found one😀
Anyway, I'm 22, and come from Limburg, the Netherlands.
I've been watching anime for about four years now, with my first show being Chuunibyou.
My favourite types of anime are comedy, slice of life, and thrillers.
Other than that, I love music, video games and astronomy. I play the guitar.

Again, I'm happy to have found this place, and nice to meet you all!

• Like 4

Hi there, welcome to AF~

I've been meaning to watch Chuunibyu myself for years now but keep getting sidetracked. Looks like a fun time though~

If you don't mind me asking, what kinda videogames do you prefer?

• Like 1

Welcome!  Like your "favorites" list.  Humanity has Declined is one of my favorites too.  Kind of dry and abstract for some - or so I've been told - but the banana episode always makes me lol.  :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome!

Chuunibyou, video games

I loved Chuu2, both seasons. It's really cute, with touching moments, and it looks gorgeous. I still need to watch the newest movie, though...
As for video games, I mostly play (J)RPGs and shooters, with the occasional VN or strategy game.
I really like the Atelier and Neptunia series, on the more "anime" side of things. The Ratchet&Clank series, Rayman Revolution and Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 are long time favourites as well.
I've spent a ton of time in Team Fortress 2, which is probably my favourite game overall.

Like your "favorites" list

Thank you^^ The dry humour in HhD is fantastic, the banana episodes are probably the pinnacle of that, with their whole set up.
My favourite episode of it has to be the ninth, the "Queen Watashi / Mediator" one.

Edited by dirudiru
  • Like 1

Welcome, happy to see more new members 😁

Looking at the types and of anime you enjoy, wondering if you’ve seen Aria? About a girl training to be a gondolier after Mars was terraformed to resemble the earth city of Venice. It has a very tranquil, dreamlike vibe to it and three seasons (The Animation, The Natural & The Origination). I’ll also mention a series I recently watched called Kemurikusa that reminded me a bit of HhD , having a very surreal setting.

Hope you enjoy yourself here.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome!

6 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

wondering if you’ve seen Aria?

Not yet. I've hear numerous good things about it, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Should be right up my alley, though 😀 Thanks for the Kemurikusa recommendation as well!