Steam Platform

VampireKnight19

I use Steam a lot for games, mainly because I had to get rid of my consoles. Do any of you guys use it? I love the platform but its very rare that I buy the games directly through Steam now as their prices have become a lot higher than when I first signed up. If any of you guys use it you are welcome to add me, my username is the same as on the forum :)

I mainly play Skyrim, Fallout and Stardew Valley on there. Don't have any friends to play Stardew Valley with but its still an awesome and relaxing game for me. 

Skyrim can honestly get on my nerves sometimes but its the one game I always go back to when I get bored of the rest of my games. I have taken a week away from gaming just so I don't put myself off all of my games. I can play them for hours and hours and then I will get put off them for months. I don't play online much, I mainly play single player games. Another game I like to play on Steam is Borderlands, I've only played it online a couple of times and that was when I was with my ex. 

Another thing I love about Steam is if you have any problems with a game you have just purchased, they instantly sort it out. I tried to buy the Sims 3 on there and it wouldn't work on my computer for some reason, they gave me a refund practically straightaway. 

I play on Two Worlds every now and again as well. Its one of them games where I can only play it for so long and then leave it a while before I go back to it. I think I do that because it stresses me out too much lol. 

Edited by VampireKnight19
  • Like 1

Which Fallout if I may ask~? I'm a big fan of both Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout 3 NV and 4. Bethesda games aren't perfect, but they are a great time. Well, Fallout 76 is maybe an exception, but I havent played it. The debacle around it and it not being on Steam discouraged me, but that's a topic for another thread~

Ah, Borderlands is maybe one of my favorite coop games of all time. I like it both solo and coop, but definitely with friends or at least acquaintances for coop who are willing to split loot. So happy its multiplayer is available again. Borderlands II is also a good time, though I think I liked the first a little more.

I have well over 50 games probably, all bought on sale with maybe a few rare exceptions. Steam is how I get nearly all my PC games. The only exceptions for me are Minecraft, and Diablo II. There are quite a few I like but my favorites aside from what I already mentioned are GTA5, Left 4 Dead 2, The Forest, 100% OJ, and probably several more that I can't think of at the moment~

I am pretty sure my username is the same as here if anybody wants to add me for some reason~

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SanguineTear said:

Which Fallout if I may ask~? I'm a big fan of both Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout 3 NV and 4. Bethesda games aren't perfect, but they are a great time. Well, Fallout 76 is maybe an exception, but I havent played it. The debacle around it and it not being on Steam discouraged me, but that's a topic for another thread~

Ah, Borderlands is maybe one of my favorite coop games of all time. I like it both solo and coop, but definitely with friends or at least acquaintances for coop who are willing to split loot. So happy its multiplayer is available again. Borderlands II is also a good time, though I think I liked the first a little more.

I have well over 50 games probably, all bought on sale with maybe a few rare exceptions. Steam is how I get nearly all my PC games. The only exceptions for me are Minecraft, and Diablo II. There are quite a few I like but my favorites aside from what I already mentioned are GTA5, Left 4 Dead 2, The Forest, 100% OJ, and probably several more that I can't think of at the moment~

I am pretty sure my username is the same as here if anybody wants to add me for some reason~

Fallout 3 is my all time favourite Fallout game out of the whole franchise. I haven't played much of Oblivion yet, still trying to get the hang of mouse and keyboard. I recently bought Morrowind too :) I have played Fallout 76 but I keep getting bored of it and then going back to it. I don't have Minecraft on PC but really want it. 

• Winner 1

Good taste, I think 3 is my favorite so far too~

Gameplay-wise the others may be better arguably, but for some reason the experience of 3 as a whole really stuck with me, which is what I value most in these kinda games. Whereas 4 felt a lot better combat wise, but outside of that, I didn't care for it as much as the others.

Oblivion isn't the best as far as graphics, combat, or voice actor variety, but it also is a great experience, and the leveling and stats are a bit more complex than Skyrim which I can appreciate. Custom spells are fun too~

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SanguineTear said:

Good taste, I think 3 is my favorite so far too~

Gameplay-wise the others may be better arguably, but for some reason the experience of 3 as a whole really stuck with me, which is what I value most in these kinda games. Whereas 4 felt a lot better combat wise, but outside of that, I didn't care for it as much as the others.

Oblivion isn't the best as far as graphics, combat, or voice actor variety, but it also is a great experience, and the leveling and stats are a bit more complex than Skyrim which I can appreciate. Custom spells are fun too~

I am still trying to get used to a mouse and keyboard because I used to be mainly a console gamer but because of certain circumstance I had to get rid of my consoles and just kept my PC.

I have played quite a few hours of NV as well but 3 was the first one I played in the franchise. 

Oblivion sounds quite interesting, once I have gotten used to mouse and keyboard I will be straight onto it :)

Oh I have added you no Steam :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SanguineTear said:

Oblivion isn't the best as far as graphics, combat, or voice actor variety

The dialogues are hilarious though 😂

I was against Steam when it was released. Even though I thought Valve made great games, the idea of not really 'owning' a game sounded like a rip off, especially since you needed a decent internet connection for it. With online things becoming the norm however, I got used to it and think it's a great platform. Not that I have the time for it 😂

8 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

The dialogues are hilarious though 😂

I was against Steam when it was released. Even though I thought Valve made great games, the idea of not really 'owning' a game sounded like a rip off, especially since you needed a decent internet connection for it. With online things becoming the norm however, I got used to it and think it's a great platform. Not that I have the time for it 😂

I love Steam, and its brilliant when they have decent sales on. :)

I have a steam account, but I don't really use it.  For one thing I'm on Linux - with a Mac laptop - and until the last couple years steam didn't work with Linux.  Even when it did there weren't many titles for linux or that my laptop could handle.  The linux situation has changed a lot recently, but I'm still not in the habit.  (Since my last system update I don't even have steam installed on my desktop anymore.  I keep meaning to put it back, but like I said I'm not in the habit and I keep forgetting.)

BTW - speaking of Steam on linux - it looks like Ubuntu has reconsidered dropping 32bit support due to "a huge amount of feedback" from the community.  :D 

3 hours ago, VampireKnight19 said:

I love Steam, and its brilliant when they have decent sales on. :)

This is true.  They do occasionally have really good sales.

On 6/25/2019 at 3:29 AM, efaardvark said:

I have a steam account, but I don't really use it.  For one thing I'm on Linux - with a Mac laptop - and until the last couple years steam didn't work with Linux.  Even when it did there weren't many titles for linux or that my laptop could handle.  The linux situation has changed a lot recently, but I'm still not in the habit.  (Since my last system update I don't even have steam installed on my desktop anymore.  I keep meaning to put it back, but like I said I'm not in the habit and I keep forgetting.)

BTW - speaking of Steam on linux - it looks like Ubuntu has reconsidered dropping 32bit support due to "a huge amount of feedback" from the community.  :D 

This is true.  They do occasionally have really good sales.

They have the summer sale on at the moment, typical when I have no money, hopefully its still on when I get paid :)

On 6/24/2019 at 4:41 AM, VampireKnight19 said:

I am still trying to get used to a mouse and keyboard because I used to be mainly a console gamer but because of certain circumstance I had to get rid of my consoles and just kept my PC.

I have played quite a few hours of NV as well but 3 was the first one I played in the franchise. 

Oblivion sounds quite interesting, once I have gotten used to mouse and keyboard I will be straight onto it :)

Oh I have added you no Steam :) 

Aw, sorry to hear about your consoles. I know the feeling of switching to PC though, I played PS2 and PS3 mainly for a long time, until I finally decided to get a PC. It is awkward and uncomfortable at first, but once you get used to it some games actually feel better on keyboard/mouse. I'll be curious to see what you think when you eventually get to it. Like I said, it definitely feels a bit dated, but still a good time. It does have some mechanics Skyrim doesnt which I quite like~

5 minutes ago, SanguineTear said:

Aw, sorry to hear about your consoles. I know the feeling of switching to PC though, I played PS2 and PS3 mainly for a long time, until I finally decided to get a PC. It is awkward and uncomfortable at first, but once you get used to it some games actually feel better on keyboard/mouse. I'll be curious to see what you think when you eventually get to it. Like I said, it definitely feels a bit dated, but still a good time. It does have some mechanics Skyrim doesnt which I quite like~

Ah :) I love Skyrim, I've played over 400 hours on it so far over 200 on the each edition. The standard and the Special Edition. I haven't played much of Fallout 3 on Steam yet but I completed it quite a few times on PS3 and Xbox 360. I think I might actually still have my Xbox somewhere :) 

I am after a game called PixArk at the moment but don't know if it will be worth 20 pound. 

15 hours ago, VampireKnight19 said:

Ah :) I love Skyrim, I've played over 400 hours on it so far over 200 on the each edition. The standard and the Special Edition. I haven't played much of Fallout 3 on Steam yet but I completed it quite a few times on PS3 and Xbox 360. I think I might actually still have my Xbox somewhere :) 

I am after a game called PixArk at the moment but don't know if it will be worth 20 pound. 

I never bothered getting Special Edition but I have played a ton of Skyrim both PS3 and PC. So easy to get sucked into it. I only played Fallout 3 on PS3 though, someone warned me once it is unstable on PC so I decided to just have it on PS3.