Do you prefer boy or girl anime characters?

Seshi

To be honest, I'm more interested into female anime characters, hence my display picture. 

While watching anime, especially tragic ones (my all time favorites), sometimes it's always the girl who's the reason for all the sadness we (viewers) are dealing with, like for example - Clannad, Angel Beats and many more.

To make things more simpler, I prefer female anime characters because they're more easily drawn compared to anime boys. I know it may be an unpopular opinion but it's my opinion and that's final...

Though anime today, like the "Rising of the Shield Hero" or other isekai, it's common for the boy to bring out the sadness factor or to be more specific, the feeling of sympathy that we will towards them because nowadays, it's like the authors are feeling more sympathetic to male anime characters and it's good too.

gimme your reactions, there's probably many new tragic anime where the girl brings out the sympathy moment that I haven't seen, tbh, I haven't watched a lot of animes nowadays,, unfortunately too tight on schedule...

I agree with a lot of people here; sometimes boys are better written than girls, and by sometimes I mean over half the time. In my favorite anime, the best characters are boys, but there are still girls out there that have amazing personalities. I think anime just tends to prefer the psychotic or overly girly female characters, which is fine, but there should be diversity for both girls and boys.

• Agree 1