Thoughts on Black Clover?

Fireduck

The series seemed to get quite a bit of criticism, mainly on 2 points: 1) it being a fairly generic shonen series & 2) the MC being annoying, especially his voice.  While I agree on both points and dropped it fairly early on, but there’s a very good chance I’ll give it another  try someday (certainly a better chance than Naruto or Radiant)

Thanks for the reply.  Yeah having done more research that seems the general consensus.  Think I'm going to skip this one.  Went ahead a bought 6 anime off my wishlist for $138.  I'm a pretty happy camper!

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

21 hours ago, Fireduck said:

Thanks for the reply.  Yeah having done more research that seems the general consensus.  Think I'm going to skip this one.  Went ahead a bought 6 anime off my wishlist for $138.  I'm a pretty happy camper!

What did you end up getting?

11 hours ago, Seshi said:

What did you end up getting?

Ended up buying two more sets for $40.  So the 8 I ended up with are:

Ancient Magus' Bride LE

Fruits Basket LE

Log Horizon complete series 

Celestial Method complete series

Canaan complete series

Another complete series

Cowbowly Bebop movie steelbook

5 Centimeters per second.

Can't wait to get them!!!

Edited by Fireduck

10 hours ago, Ryuichimonji said:

I think that is awesome, the character, story line, all of this anime is awesome!! Maybe the asta's brother is not the best but only my impression

Thanks for your thoughts.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:29 AM, Endynyp said:

That is a great haul! I'm so jealous! 

Thanks!  They arrive Monday!  I can't wait!!!

Well I just got word from rightstuf that they can't fulfill my Cowboy Bebop order!  I'm very disappointed to lose out on it.

Found it on crunchyroll's website but it cost me $40 instead of the $20 or so on rightstuf with the current deal they have going.

Sucks!  But I don't know how limited copies are so I jumped on it on crunchyroll.

Edited by Fireduck
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I was actually going to make a topic asking about this anime. I was on Youtube last night and I was checking out different anime openings and I ended up watching some of the Black Clover openings. I thought it looked pretty cool. I might watch a few episodes just to see if I like it or not.

• Like 1

Watching it yourself will always be the best option.  Who knows, I've liked things that others haven't and didn't like things that others did before.  It's all a matter of taste.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 8:59 AM, Fireduck said:

Well I just got word from rightstuf that they can't fulfill my Cowboy Bebop order!  I'm very disappointed to lose out on it.

Found it on crunchyroll's website but it cost me $40 instead of the $20 or so on rightstuf with the current deal they have going.

Sucks!  But I don't know how limited copies are so I jumped on it on crunchyroll.

That's terrible. Hoepfully Crunchyroll comes through. 

• 7 months later...

It seems it isn't that many here that has seen the series, so as a person who has wasted a lot of time both watching the anime and reading the manga i'll talk a little about it. 

The show starts up slow, just building up the "universe" and the characters. So it may be pretty boring the first 12 or something episodes. But after a while, the story starts progressing, and there comes a lot of pretty good fights and new characters. But also as more you come into the series, the worse the animation gets, so if animation is a big factor for you, i do NOT recommend the anime for you.  The "frirst arc" of the series just ended as well.

So if you really want to experience the series, you should much rather read the series. The only good thing about the anime series, is some of the fights and all the openings.

• Like 1

I'm about 20 episodes in and it's one of those things that I know is garbage but I like it anyway for some reason lol. I feel the same about RWBY, not that the two are similar. 

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...

I adore Black Clover but I agree that Asta is just too much sometimes. It's like my goodness, must you be so loud my good Sir? Other than that I think it's fantastic. Yami is hands down my favorite Captain & I love how much we get to know about each member of the Black Bulls as the show progresses. I finished the most recent episode a little over a week ago & can't wait for the next season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I am also wondering what will happen after this arc. I think they will be exploring the whole devil thing more

I sure hope so! And maybe it's just me but I would love to get more side quests/back stories for the other members of Black Bulls like Gordon, Grey, & Charmy! I mean, yes, the series has touched on them a bit but their characters are actually deeper than some of them others that I feel have been delved into a bit more. Sames goes for some of the other members of different groups like the captain of the Green Mantises, for example. That dude GOES IN when he is battling so I would love to learn more about him. His name is Jack The Ripper for crying out loud! Also, the Captain of the Peacocks who's always asleep & just go ahead & throw in every family member from the Vermillion family because they do not play around at all! 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 11:39 AM, Illusion of Terra said:

Have you seen this week's episode? Seems like they are doing exactly what you asked for 😂 Not with the ones you mentioned but still. I also thought this week's episode was quite amusing!

Just watched it and yeah, this one was cute hehe. Henry and Gordon are becoming my 2 new eccentric favorites :) 

• Like 1